Crystal Crown Hotel
US$34
US$66
US$56
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We passed through I believe suburb of Port Kelang and arrived to only building which has more than 2 floors, in fact hotel has 15 floors. Out of the car and on reception. Lobby did not look impressive at all. In fact it looked like entrance to some supermakets in China. I asked about restaurants and they told me up is Chinese and down on the right western style. Checked in for week, got key (cards) and went up with elevator. I spent some 2-3 min swiping card in order to unlock room doors and in meantime looking in that digital part of lock which was drilled (holed through) on 4-5 places with knife or screwdriver. It is on yours and my mind to guess why lock looks like that?

Inside room; spacious ok, left luggage on the floor, locked room and look around. All so, so, so old, furniture with stains, dirty, smells around. Acually now I regret that I did not turn around and went straight away. I open backpack and took out laptop. Searching for power socket around room but NO HAVE?! All lamps around; 2 on bed-side, 1 on table are with cord connected directly into the wall. Probably in order to avoid somebody stealing them? Finally I found socket next to the coffee table where was plugged in one lamp but unplugging it and plugging laptop in there was no more light there? Plug in, started laptop, log into hotels WiFi, open hotspot logging in explorer in order to enter user name and password but this I had to enter around 20 times prior it accepted it. There was no problem with user name or password as it was simple but did not want to get through. There was no problem with WiFi signal as well as I used long range antenna where signal was around 90%. I even wanted to call reception. Ok, finally that was done and manage to dig trough some mails. After that I started TV – all programs with horizontal stripes over entire screen and the ones without you cannot see at all. Some machinery in hotel must make this disturbance. It happen few times that stripes disappear but then it came back again. So, TV was simply not good to watch. I was not so happy about as I wanted to watch football early morning as World Cup 2014 was ongoing. Regardless, I set the alarm clock for midnight. Then I decide to go to dinner but before I go I wanted to adjust air-con. I need some time to find thermostat but finally I did. Close to ceiling, I had to stand on top of my fingers to reach the knob (I am 1.78m); what kind of location for thermostat is this?

Dinner “western restaurant”
Me: Beer please?
Waiter: sorry, no alcohol drinks in hotel, only soft drinks, coffee, tea.
Me: ok, sparkling water, mushroom soup and Beef tenderloin (direct description: grilled with chef special recipe, mixed vegetables, minced potato, coleslaw with black pepper sauce)
…waiting…waiting…waiting
Finally waiter came and brought all 3 at the same time???! Soup was tasteless and as expected very hot. Had to eat it fast, what was not easy as main course (meat and the rest) is getting cold. Finally, soup was done and I shift quickly to main course. Beef was already close to cold (just worm), sauce as well. Potato was “dead” cold, really cold direct from fridge (but not frozen!). Did they ever hear about microwave? I do not expect that they make as they called “minced” potato in 20min but at least could worm it up. Anyhow, now vegetables: white cabbage on the right and red cabbage on the left. Both were plain, fresh cut and red without any dressing; so this is so called “mixed vegetables? I had to eat fast in order not to eat really all cold. Ofcourse cabbage I skip. I was eating fast just to fill up stomach as this was nothing but pure filling the belly. Upon coming to room I took a shower: moving knob to cold (blue) water was getting more hot and moving then to (red) colder. I was always thinking that is should be opposite?

At around midnight I woke up to watch football; guess? On sport channel (with stripes) they were transmitting grass hockey or whatever it is called. Who now watches this thing during World Cup? I scroll through programs but nothing from football. Finally I decide to watch via live streaming on laptop but that was not really successfully as connection was getting loosed all the time. Very frustrating!
This place is not worth even to stay for one night!

As this was arranged by agent for me I call him immediately to change hotel as one more night staying here is simply not acceptable. In the morning I checked out.

Final consequence of staying there: morning after I spend with permanent running to the toilet with stomach pain thx to that food there as it cannot be anything else.

There are at the time of this review 3 much better hotels here near-by

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CJM1985_75
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Everything is old here. The furniture, TV, appliances, room view. But the place is easy to find. Probably the only building higher than two storey in the vicinity. Eating place is just behind the building.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms was old with old furnishings... The tap was leaking and the whole outlook was quite bad, sad to say. Given a choice would not have choose to stay here but my job trip was pre arranged by shipping agent thus no other alternatives given.Size of room was fine just the interior looks very old. For a rest should be ok. buffet breakfast was a letdown too.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank shahrulayun
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A Person who is visitig Port Klang only and not frequent visit to KL Can stay here compere to hotel price wise okey, with restaurant and with small swimming pool, room wise okey according to prices this is silence place where you can stay without noise areas, as per my opinion i feel comfortable here, Wifi services need to improve,

Room Tip: If you are staying long than you can have on the top floor 9th and above
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed for one night on my business trip to Port Klang. The room was clean but the pillow need to be changed. it was flat and doesn't look like pillow at all. Blanket has a musky smell.....couldn't have a good night sleep because of that. Breakfast buffet at the restaurant with limited item and spread but it is enough to fill up my stomach in the morning. Check in and out was fast with a good attitude from the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business