“Only decent Hotel close to north port klang”

Crystal Crown Hotel
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Klang
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I came here for one reason alone. This is the only hotel I've search in Internet which is close to north port ( I visit Malaysia only to meet my husband) ...it's 1.5 hr from kuala lumpur intl airport...And appears to be quite far from the civilization. I've looked around to find any decent place to dine but to no avail, I've tried by any chance to bump myself to at least fast food that I know I can like.. Instead just adjacent to the building a small alley that leads to a smelly grocery store (sorry for saying but its true) and a nearly scrap 7eleven store- I say the word scrap.. As its almost empty .. I don't know maybe they run out of stocks and the mngmnt didn't bother to load up since it was Ramadan ..Food hunting in Malaysia can be a real disaster if you're stuck in a wrong place I guess, I've watch a lot tv shows, food network top of them most. Among many cuisine ..Malaysian food sound and look to be very appetizing and must eat stuff but unfortunately it was not when I got my first taste. Food in the hotel .. Hmmm... Not so good.. Cleanliness.. Average.. Of course it's a 3star hotel, what do get out of it? But neither it's cheap.. For an isolated place like that? It should be less that what they should charge.. To be fair the staff were accomodating but isn't it all the same courtesy they show to every guest? I guess so. There's a pool also.. Small one and shallow. But if you're a fussy traveler you don't slip in and swim.. There could many things underlying the pool.. For all we know who went there to have a dip.

Room Tip: Guess normal rooms are all the same .. Enjoying same amenities.. Except for suite though I couldn...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is a budget hotel. The facilities provided is actually not too bad.Coffee/tea facilities, basic toiletries etc. Cleanliness is satisfactory too. It is however located in a very non-happening part of Klang and there is nothing exciting around the area. There is a pathetically small swimming pool and the sauna room is a vice den where flesh trade is carried out. I am actually disgusted with this so much I think you should just choose a better hotel to stay in. For details ,photos and reviews about this hotel go to my personal blog at anythinglily.blogspot.com

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lilyllc
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I've booked a deluxe room at this hotel, but on that day, it was full house, due to some overnight guest extend their stay there, so the front manager upgrade me to their suite w/o extra charges.

Room Tip: high floor with nice view
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnang6409
Reviewed 29 November 2011

At first appearances is western in style but ends after the reception desk.

Rooms musty and stink of cigarette smoke
sheets / towels are not bleached just washed - smell of cigarettes too.
Food is basic and plain - catering more so for the Asian market
No alcohol, bar has been shut for some time - Heavy chain on the outside of the bar door suggests it is staying closed.
Internet is as fast as dial up unless you use the business center, forget the wireless if your trying to conduct business / emails etc...

Overall, for an overnight bed - It's fine. Anymore, forget it.

Room Tip: Rooms will suit a smoker.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ArgoPL
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I have stayed for a very short time in this hotel. I arrived around midnight and had to leave again the following morning at 7.00 am. On arrival I was guided to my hotel very vast. There was free internet and I had a good night rest. The breakfast was very limited. When I passed the reception they saw my taxi already waiting and offered to collect my lugage.

Room Tip: Sorry but I have not tips.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business