“Last resort I guess!”

Copper Blues
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Copper Blues Bar & Grill opened its doors on February 12, 2002, becoming the pioneer restaurant in the Blue Mountain Village. Dustin, Karii, and Cindy have realized their dream of establishing their premier dining restaurant and with their collective experience in the hospitality industry, each has his or her own area of expertise to offer this ever thriving and changing business. Our Executive Chef, Terry Prince has over 40 years of experience in the Culinary Arts. We are proud that he has been with Copper Blues for over a decade! Chef Prince hand-picks his culinary team and partnered with our service professionals create an unforgettable dining experience. Please join us for your next Corporate function or social event. We specialize in providing parties of all sizes with an unsurpassed culinary experience. Dining at it's finest ..... Service at it's best!
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Where to start. Service was quick. I’ll give it that. Value for food served, two stars max. And that is being generous.
Atmosphere was loud. Bartender hollering at servers to get their attention likely isn’t a great idea. The staff seemed to be in a cluster - ;$& much of the time. I was almost steamed rolled twice by staff, one of which thought I was a server and swore towards me about their order, thinking I was someone else. It was almost as of the attitude of “we close for lockdown at midnight so, whatever”.
Prime rib, never had such a fatty piece and I told the server. All we got was a shoulder shrug and sorry about that. Couldn’t even finish half of it. The Thai chicken wasn’t too bad but was 80% rice for $27.95. Not much chicken. And 23.00 for 2x 3 shrimps on a skewer. I guess we set our sights too high for somewhere that we paid $150 for two people for a meal that was sub par.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (598)

Reviewed 31 March 2021

Excellent food, and good service. The wine list could be expanded somewhat. I enjoyed the roast beef which was cooked rare - absolutely tender and delicious. Great seafood as well. It is fine dining, not inexpensive, but the quality and preparation are excellent and I was quite pleased and satisfied with the value.

Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

I ate lunch with son on the Patio. Server did really well in difficult conditions. One weird thing was they didn’t take debit. This was much better food than expected. My son had a roast beef sandwich and I had a Caesar salad with chicken. I do wish they had healthier entrees. Overall this was more than fair in terms of price, atmosphere, food quality. I recommend it.

1  Thank jayoelbaum
CopperBluesManagment, Owner at Copper Blues, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2021

Thank you jayoelbaum.

Always nice to hear when people enjoyed their visit. We will take your comment about menu selections to heart (pardon the pun) but do usually offer some lighter fare in the summer months.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Such a disappointing experience overall. We dined here years ago and it was great, each time since it’s been increasingly disappointing but tonight was the very worst. No one came to see us until we asked. Service remained slow all evening even through the restaurant was not noticeably busy. Our server was not aware of the cocktail list I described a drink brought to another table “it was in a sparkling wine glass and was pinkish” she immediately offered up a drink which I trusted to be accurate - it was not (she also did not seem to know the difference between a sparkling wine glass and a wine glass with ice) and actually brought the wrong drink twice. Bread arrived at the same time as our meal. We were told the zucchini could not be separated out from the evening veg even though it was only two medallions of zucchini. Unless this was pre-prepared which would be more characteristic of a buffet style restaurant this should not have been a problem. My veg (as I can’t eat zucchini and apparently it couldn’t have been separated) was substituted for sweet potatoes while the other accompaniment as a mashed potato. Unusual to serve two dense options with steak in replacement of veg. She inaccurately advised of what vegetables were served with the tenderloin (said it was broccoli green beans carrots and zucchini in actuality it was cauliflower peppers carrots and zucchini). Doneness on the steaks was incorrect (they were on the wrong plates and still not prepared accurately one should have been medium and the other medium rare. The medium rare was moreso rare and plated on the wrong plate). When trying to switch these ourselves (which we should not have needed to do to begin with) one of the medallions fell on the floor. Meaning 3 our of the 6 Oz of tenderloin from my daughters meal was wasted. Two meals were served while the third was brought out at a later time (apparently the chefs overcooked the calamari) not sure if that was the case or not. The manager took 15% off which was not necessary but did not bother to come and speak with us which further supports the poor service standards. I enjoy quality food, fine dining and the good service that should accompany this and am glad to pay for this when it occurs. This was overall a huge disappointment (and the food was nothing spectacular either) $90+ wasted. This is the first time in my life that I left no tip. I will add however that we had a fabulous meal at Oliver and Bonacini’s last night and an equally enjoyable breakfast this am. Ambiance is nicer than Coper Blues, food tastes better, and the service superior!!

2  Thank LoriG639
Reviewed 8 December 2020

We were here for a girls' weekend so had dinner for three. Could not fault a single thing. Service, atmosphere, and the food.....top notch. Two of us had the chicken schnitzel and one had the beef medallions. Everything was wonderful. Super tasty, piping hot, so you know it came straight out. Honestly one of the best meals we've had anywhere. Highly recommend if you're staying in Blue Mountain.

Date of visit: December 2020