2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Westin.comUS$246
Booking.comUS$246
Expedia.comUS$246
Hotels.comUS$246
eDreamsUS$246
FindHotelUS$246
1,570 results
All reviews o b one bedroom suite oliver bonacini heavenly bed hot tub hotel restaurant small kitchenette ski lockers outdoor pool late check march break dining table underground parking mountain view sofa bed off season full kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2020

This property has some positives and negatives.

On the plus side, they upgraded me to a nice room with a King bedroom and an "accesisble" room on request. On the negative side, the "accessible" room was nowhere near the elevator (one of my requests) and although the bathroom was completely accessible, both the bed and most of the room furniture were designed for very tall people. My friend had to leap into the bed most nights, and she has bad knees.

The balcony and fireplace were nice, it was easy to control the room temperature, and once we got into the bed, the blanket was wonderful. The kitchen was fully furnished for a three-course meal, if we wanted to cook one - pots, pans, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, fridge, dishwasher. Wow. Although it is odd that we had to request an ice bucket as a "high touch" item when they had dozens of "high touch" spoons and forks in the drawers!

Because of safety restrictions we had the pool all to ourselves for an hour. We swam at night, and the "heated" pool was barely up to the challenge on an Ontario fall. But we didn't want to broil in it, so that was O.K. And the bathrobes were comfortable.

Staff were all friendly, the few that we saw.

Enough people have complained about the parking garage charge that is hardly seems worth mentioning, but it IS steep. And the garage is small, but with my small car it wasn't too much of a problem.

I'm not sure we would stay there again, but it is well situated in cider country and a good base for exploring from. But you pay top dollar for it.

Room tip: Hallways are VERY long - be prepared for a hike to your room.
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank 599Angela
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

Due to Covid19 pandemic our original plans had to change so we decided to have our mini holiday at Blue Mountain. After checking the reviews we decided to stay at The Westin Trillium House to celebrate my husband's birthday. Right from the beginning when I have contacted the hotel with few questions I experienced a great customer service. When we arrived to the hotel I had a pleasure to deal with Pierre at our check in. His customer service skills are wonderful. He made the check in easy and informative with all the new Covid19 restrictions and information. Because we came here to celebrate my husband's birthday our room was upgraded, our parking fees were also discounted and he had beer waiting for him in the room!! Wonderful surprise. Now I call this a great customer service and a wonderful experience for us. The resort is very nice. Lots of safety rules in place because of pandemic which made us feel safe but it also made us enjoy our holiday. Village is very nice. Lots to do, good restaurants around. Pool outdoors is heated all year round, you have to book your times again because of pandemic but you can use it no problem. I would definitely recommend this resort and we are planning on coming back here again. Thank you for making our holiday a wonderful and safe experience.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Haven’t stayed here in a couple years but they had a corporate mid week rate that I received for a one night business trip.

The hotel did not seem busy and checkin was smooth. They have always recognized status, when available, and I was upgraded to a King suite by a friendly gentleman at check named Ryan.

I don’t see how this hotel is sometimes referred to as ‘run down’ but there are signs of wear for sure. The suite was well appointed and clean. I agree that their embellishment of the ‘Covid’ card makes a lot of amenities unavailable. Hopefully this is temporary .

Another tough one to swallow is the $20 a night parking fee..in Collingwood.

The stay was overall very pleasant and anyone I encountered offered great service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

We had some high expectations staying at Westin but were not too impressed. The service was literally inexistant. The hotel is rundown all around. The elevators take forever. The bathroom is not great, tiny counter and no light in the shower. The bed was ridiculously uncomfortable. Seemed overpriced considering most of the amenities were unavailable due to covid. All in all great location, and decent hotel but not up to its name.

2  Thank ScotchAndSuits
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

For the nightly pricing one would believe this hotel was at least HALF DECENT. Arrived at 130 pm to be told our room was ready and we will have a beautiful view of the ski hills ! Awesome !! Get to the room and we’re overlooking the maintenance shed. Changed rooms .. ground floor w little terrace.. better. Rooms are in serious need of an update.. worn out is being nice. Kitchen cabinetry is worn down and just broken. Hallway carpet has luggage and maid cart trolley tracks worn into it.. staff is friendly and helpful though, they’re working with an inferior product. The in house restaurant ? bills itself as Italian because it offers pizza ? I ordered a bourbon sour from the bar .. it was tasty but it came with a brown aged lime in it. Wine list is garbage with $25 bottles being offered at $75 and up. They were asking $145 for the same bottle I paid $95 for at Brunello the night prior..Wait staff tried hard but just not up to the task. They need to be trained HOW TO pour a glass of wine for starters. If you wish to enjoy a great Italian meal.. go into Collingwood to Brunello and see chef Mario. Wonderful food and staff. If you don’t want Italian and just want to eat.. go into Collingwood, Thornbury etc lots of non chain, wonderful eateries. Until this hotel chain and restaurant decides that CISCO frozen food supplies or the like, isn’t what should be served ..eat ANYWHERE but there or the village. It’s all garbage brought in by truck.. microwave to plate at exorbitant prices. The famous Westin bed is still there though. Comfortable. As for the COVID thing they were fine. We were not concerned at all. We won’t EVER stay at this hotel again. It seems there are Westin hotels and then Westin HOTELS. Marriot, it’s time to spend some $ here.
We will find a nice B and B instead and eat in the privately owned restaurants around the area. It’s time for Westin|Marriot group to understand that being the only name in the area shouldn’t be an excuse to take advantage of people. Provide the service expected for the pricing you are asking .. 2 nights, parking and the meal was about $1500 CAD for a 1 bedroom suite.
Just find a nice bandb in the area and really enjoy your stay in the area. Value for $ ? HA !!
Ask for a kiss first at the front desk before you get your keys and swipe your card.