Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews weider lodge grand georgian underground parking full kitchen bedroom suite blue mountain resort ridge runner hot tub pull out couch dance competition copper blues restaurants and shops long weekend gas fireplace ski hill roller coaster coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

Stayed at Weider lodge for two nights through Expedia. Got a great deal with them. Stated in a two bedroom, two bathroom with view over village. Accommodations were clean, well equipped, 4 th floor with nice view. Only drawback was parking on site is not included. $15 per day for underground parking. The staff were lovely and because I wasn’t aware of parking costs they waived the parking fee, classy thing to do.
We spent the evenings having dinner in a couple of restaurants in the village and also had lunch a couple of times. Prices are quite expensive but did have some delicious meals.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Village Suites by Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Thank you for this incredible review. We are delighted that you chose Blue Mountain resort to enjoy your sisters getaway. We do have a few parking options available to take advantage on resort. We have complimentary outdoor day parking as well as a complimentary 24hr outdoor parking lot. There is an additional charge of $15 per night if you should choose to use the underground during your stay. We are very pleased that the front desk agent waived the fee for all the confusion and was able to get you into the underground parking complimentary making it a much more welcoming experience for you.

We hope that we can welcome you back for another sisters weekend in the near future!

Reviewed 2 June 2019

Our room was dusty and was in great need or a renovation. We had a bed that the mattress was definitely old and difficult for two people to sleep in. The pull out couch was unsleepable even with the one person on it.

The spa at the Blue Mountain Convention Center was need of repair. The showers were mouldy and floors dirty with small space to change.

The hot tub jets worked poorly and tubs felt dirty. This was not what I was expecting.

I would not return or recommend to anyone. As far as I am concerned I should have been paid to sleep and stay in these conditions.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Village Suites by Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear BarbaraW2849,

Thank you for this feedback, we're sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion and want to assure that this is not the high standard quality we strive to deliver. Our Housekeeping Team is usually quite diligent at ensuring all guest rooms are in good working order prior to arrival. We have directed your comments to the leadership team within our housekeeping department for coaching purposes. The Seasons hotel property enjoyed a refurbishment in mid-2013 and has received favorable feedback since that time, we regret that you did not share these sentiments. The pullout beds are an economical alternative, however they cannot match the level of comfort to that of a full size mattress and box spring. We have provided your comments in regard to our hot tubs to the maintenance team to ensure a full inspection is undertaken and any necessary adjustments performed.

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

Currently staying here. Agreed with folks that say it’s time for a renovation. The hallways especially have zero appeal when you step out of the elevator. The bathrooms could use an update as well.

Our room unfortunately is over the main pathway and it is quite noisy. We called to see if we could get a better view and they said no. Too bad since it’s my birthday as well as me and my partners anniversary.

We booked the Spring Escape package (which was quite a bit of money) and we were hoping for a better experience with the hotel.

Be aware when you book this expensive package.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Village Suites by Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Thank you Kathleen, we appreciate your feedback and regret your dissatisfaction with the Seasons hotel. This lodging property enjoyed a refurbishment in mid 2013 and has enjoyed favorable feedback since that time. We undertake routine maintenance and upgrades throughout the year to ensure quality standards are met. We will be sure to bring your comments to the attention of our homeowners department for discussion during future upgrade planning discussions.

We regret to see that we were unable to reassign your room to a more suitable location, facing away from the Village and pedestrian walkways. Please feel free to make requests of this nature at the time of booking and our reservation associates will do their utmost to secure a suitable location subject to available inventory.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

We spent four nights for a dance competition. This was my third time staying at Blue Mountain but this was my first time staying in the village. We were put in the Grand Georgian. The location was great for walking to the conference center and in a good spot in the village. I rated it average because of a few cons. House keeping wasn’t very good. The room was nice and clean when we checked in, but it appeared no one came in the room Thursday until I noticed they did come in and only emptied the garbage. The beds didn’t get touched. Friday was better, we did get fresh towels but still no straightening of the bed, the coffee wasn’t replenished either. Saturday my daughter was getting ready and we went to eat, so we put the do not disturb sign up from around noon till one. We had been in and out all day otherwise. At 8:00pm I had to go to the front desk for towels. This hotel for some annoying reason didn’t have a fitted bottom sheet, so when no one straightens it up after four nights you are definitely seeing part of the mattress and I find that gross. I would suggest the house keeping stay try to do a little more on a daily bases. We had an incident Saturday night due to noise in the neighbouring restaurant that was doing maintenance after hours. This situation was handled poorly by staff. The manager on duty was rude and not helpful, he told us and other guests that they couldn’t do anything but we could call the police. Apparently there isn’t good communication between businesses and hotels because we kind of expected they would walk over and explain that they had several noise complaints rather then have us get the police involved. At 1:30am we finally got some quiet, and I was greatly pleased that we were given a discount due to the noise.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Village Suites by Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2019

Dear Getaway319475,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort, dance season is here and lots of fantastic competitors are visiting regularly, we hope your event went well and your competitor had lots of fun. We are disappointed to hear that our cleaning associates fell short of delivering your daily services and will be sure to provide this feedback to our leadership team for coaching purposes. The Village is home to a lively nightlife, we might recommend requesting a room facing away from the Village to mitigate the potential for noise on future visits. We are further saddened to see the response provided to you when you reported that noise was intrusive, typically our associates will acknowledge and dispatch our security personnel to follow up and caution the offenders. Again, we will take your comments back to our leadership team for follow-up internally. Once again, thank you for this very helpful feedback and the opportunity to coach our teams for improvement.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

Dates of stay: Friday, April 26 - Sunday, April 28
# in party: 3 adults, 2 kids (5 yo, 12 yo)
Booked through: directly with resort
Parking: Free outdoor parking (across the street), $15/day underground parking in/out privileges
Other: Group rate through dance competition

Just got back from our first dance competition at Blue Mountain and we were booked into the Grand Georgian, Room 247.

Being our first stay here, we had no expectations and were pleasantly surprised by the whole weekend and stay.

BOOKING:
I was unfamiliar with how BMR works and had no idea that booking in the village meant that we could be put into a number of different buildings within the village. It wasn’t explained that way to me but in fairness, I didn’t know enough to really ask. The gentleman assisting on the phone seemed a bit brusque...I got the feeling it was like perhaps he wasn’t a fan of dealing with dance moms? Overall, the booking process was fine, but for whatever reason, a month out, on the last day we could make changes to our reservation, I received a request to give them a call as they couldn’t process our final payment. The email request said that due to security reason, they didn’t keep our credit card on file and the person on the phone said it was due to a system error.

CHECK-IN:
I was not told where we would check-in, but having read through our confirmation email, I saw that Village guests check in at the Grand Georgian. It was a super crummy, rainy/windy Friday and we came in pretty early 2 pm, check-in is at 4. Optimistically went to see if a room would be ready before we headed out to get some groceries. We were super surprised and happy that our room was ready! Our front desk attendant was lovely and very helpful. Because of the poor weather, we opted for the underground parking.

ROOM:
I don’t know ‘til when, but only rooms on the 2nd floor are available as 3rd and 4th floor rooms are being refurbished. We did not hear any noise above us in relation to that. We had room 247 which looked to be a corner 2-BR suite at the very end of the 2nd floor facing the ski hills and village - we were actually above the Marketplace. We thought the room was great (confession: I had already forgotten what we’d booked) so it was fun to see the rooms, kitchenette and all the space we had.

Kitchen had an oven/stove, apartment-size fridge, dishwasher and came with all the dishes, cutlery, pots/pans, bowls you would need to cook your own meals. There’s also a regular drip coffee machine and toaster. Dish towels and dish soap were also available as well. Basically everything you would need to save some $$$ by cooking your own food during your stay. The main bedroom had a king-sized bed and en-suite with a tub. The second bedroom had two twin beds pushed together also with an en-suite with a walk-in shower. There was a dining area with a dining table for 6, a living room with TV, fireplace and pull-out couch. The master also had a TV. Additionally, there was a decent sized balcony that faced the day parking lot with view of the ski hills. I did not go through the room with a fine tooth comb. Everything was to my satisfaction with nothing standing out to draw any negative attention to. Granted, the hallway leading into the room looked a bit older and could do with an update, but we loved our room and had no complaints.

The only thing I will mention is that since our room is right next to day parking and the street that shuttles and Coltrans uses, it did get a bit noisy on Saturday night when the bachelor/bachelorette parties descended upon us. A lot of screaming and cheering with shuttles dropping off large groups in front of our room. We also had the nightly laundry delivery service? A huge transport truck would drop off linens that would get unloaded in bins that were connected like a train. It wasn’t super noisy, but lying in bed, I could definitely hear SOMETHING each night and found that scenario both nights. If you’re an early/light sleeper, consider ear plugs or sleeping in the other bedroom instead of the master.

LOCATION:
Our room/hotel was a 5-7 minute walk to the conference building where the competition was. The location of our room meant we could head down stairwell D and we would come out through the exit right next to Starbucks (you can get in to Starbucks without having to go outside which was a bonus for me!) and across from Booster Juice. We thought it was a great location to everything we needed and did not mind the walk to the conference building. We enjoyed walking around the village and checking everything out as first-timers.

AMENITIES:
Unfortunately we were unable to use anything as we were so busy. The pool is closed but the two hot tubs were ready to go and super inviting looking if it wasn’t so cold and WINDY.

OVERALL:
We had a great first stay and enjoyed our accommodations and the location in the village. I will point out that had we not HAD to stay for competition and NEEDED to be as close to the competition as possible, we probably would have not or really had trouble dropping the amount we paid to stay. However, now having stayed and seeing the room, I’d say it was well worth the price and with the kitchen, there are ways to save if you were interested in doing so.

Thanks for a great dance weekend!

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear SillySkittlez,

This is simply an outstanding review, thank you so much for relaying all these wonderful details from our guest perspective and welcome to Blue Mountain. We are delighted to see how well you enjoyed the resort and the dance event. The rooms do provide ample space and economical alternatives when considering meals and quick snacks. We look forward to having you return and hope your competitor had much success and lots of fun while participating in the dance events.