“Better Than Expected”
Review of Blue Mountain Inn

Blue Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This place is a true skiing hotel. Check in was fast than the elevators, so slow. Room was well appointed, clean and well stocked. Bathroom was abnormally small based on today's standards. Hot tub and pool were well maintained and clean. Breakfast was included and well worth the extra. The only reason I did not give it five stars was the overall noise from the parking lot and other rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Canuck1256

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Traveled to the Blue Mountain Inn for 3 days, 2 nights. Upon Checkin they did not have our reservation thankfully it was the opening weekend on the slopes and not too busy. After a long checkin we were assigned to our condo in the Mountain Walk Section which is across the main parking to the village which is not as convenient as the Cachet Crossing Section. We stayed at the Cachet Crossing before the condos face the bunny hill and not far from the main lift. This time around we had to cross the main parking and village to get access to the hill no very convenient. The condos are very similar in size however we were placed on the first floor this time around. I prefer the third floor condos as it has cathedral ceilings and a wood fireplace. The first floor condos have a gas fireplace. The condos are clean supplied with the all you need.

Both condos were clean beds were comfortable. Bathrooms are clean living room furniture and electronics need some updating. The decor is fine.

Customer service is laking. We had access and took advantage of the pools and hot tubs, the latter though warm did not function properly. Despite, requesting assistance from the front desk staff no one showed up to turn them on. Facilities were clean however again needs some updating.

Overall, we enjoyed the Condo, however the customer service was non existent and therefor we are not likely to return.

Room Tip: If offered the choice Cachet Crossing is the better location
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanSunSeeker
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Based on the reviews, gave the Inn a shot instead of the Village for a Thursday and Friday night Ski & Sleep package with my eight year old daughter. Considering you get a day/night pass for two days, you can't go wrong with the price. We were able to do a pre-checkin which allowed us to arrive in the morning and start using the day pass immediately. Nothing worse than a having to ski the last day and have to drive home tired for two hours.
Hotel itself, upgrades completed as described, they did a great job in the Hot Tub area. Made a great end to each ski day. For some of the dated items, I can understand, but ammenities broken, I don't. ie. No door handle on the Sauna to get in but I'll give them the benefit that it just happened and they're getting it fixed. Our room was okay, very little sound carried over from the two families on either side. Sliding door very difficult to open which explains the busted handle which I'm sure was replaced several times. Bathroom tub should be re-caulked to remove or cover the mould forming. Really? How much can is cost to get a $3 tube of caulking and a local handyman to take care of it and some of the other basics. Note to Management, don't wait for your Guests to report problems with the facility, that's not our job. Lucky I had my multi tool with me, allowed me to tighten the shower water handle, don't understand how housekeeping could miss this. I can go on but the point is someone should be checking and correcting the little things that in the end would prevent a negative review. That's enough of this rant.
Staff was courteous, and extremely friendly, especially in the Pottery Restaurant. Wish I jotted down his name, but since he was the only male each morning, hopefully someone can pass on how exceptional his attitude was in dealing with some grumpy patrons. Breakfast buffet included everything required, french toast, eggs, home fries, beans, tomatoes, sausage links, bacon, various breads & pastries, cereals, yogurt, and fresh fruits. Don't know what some are complaining about?
Next time we'll try out the village but won't rule out a return to the Inn. Overall the Inn gets a 3/5 for its facility and 4/5 for people providing the experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Their front desk person was arrogant, rude and certainly not the brightest person bulb in the box. While the room was OK, I returned home with bug bites on my legs. I can't be sure this is where they came from, but I don't know where else I would have gotten them at this time of year.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank J W
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We enjoyed our time at the Inn, our room was great, the breakfast was very good. We spent hours in the outdoor hot tubs, had a great time. The only downside was the water was not hot in the shower and we waited for quite a long time at the village for the shuttle which never came to pick us up.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 17 in Blue Mountains
0.1 km away
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Blue Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!