“Phenomenal”

Northwinds Brewpub & Craft Beer Store
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Description: Northwinds is a place that creates real food and beer. Our menu and beverage options are carefully designed to treat you and your belly very well. We have two locations and are locally owned and operated. Our menu offerings are made on site, using fresh and local ingredients. All Northwinds beer is produced on-site in small batches to ensure your beer is ultra-fresh. We also support other great local breweries, wineries, cideries, distilleries and other Ontario beverage companies. We are an extremely fun environment that takes food, beer and customer service very seriously.
Reviewed 25 October 2020

We have been to Northwinds over a dozen times now, and have NEVER had a bad experience!!!! The atmosphere, the staff, and the food have always been phenomenal!!! The variety and the combinations of seasonings and food the chef (owner) adds to the menu are truly fantastic! The staff there understands customer service, and they go the extra step every time to ensure satisfaction. The brew selection is great and brewed on premises. I have and will continue to recommend this as a compulsory stop if you go to Collingwood or Blue mountain!
Ps .... do not even think about leaving there without having the beer pretzels ... best we have ever had!!!!
Hands down ... our all time favorite restaurant we have ever been to!

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (256)

Reviewed 19 October 2020

We went for lunch as a group of four on a Saturday. There was a 30 minute wait, but they text you when your table is ready, so you can wander around the Village which is nice!

We ended up getting the Skate Flight (a flight of 14 different beers, most of which we enjoyed) and some appetizers. The pretzel bites were TO DIE FOR (seriously, order them) but I definitely could have passed on the Trio of Skewers (3 tiny chicken skewers for $15!!!!!). The wings were large and the sauces good, and the duck fat fries are yummy as well! Overall, not bad, but I don't know that I would go back.

Reviewed 17 October 2020

My wife and I decided to go on Canadian Thanksgiving which is a busy weekend so they told us it would be a 45 min wait and they would text us. The did inform us at about 40 minutes while we walked around (physical distancing). The service was good, the food was delicious and beer selection was great! We shared nachos and a burger and both meals were delicious and good portions. The servers were attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 5 October 2020

It’s a funky little spot with a great patio. Inside the vibe is simple and clean. Staff were all very friendly on our visit and all properly wearing their masks. Restaurant was well set up inside for spacing.
Neither my wife or I are drinkers so can’t comment on their craft beers, but we can comment in the food. We both loved the fries. They were smaller and had a fantastic crunch to them. Overall flavour was very rich. Excellent little fries.
I enjoyed my “waygu” burger. It had a very mild flavour but was finished off with a really good sear. Well done by the kitchen staff.
The shrimp taco’s my wife had presented very nicely with big shrimps and chunks of mango. The flavour was ok, not hers or my favorite, but still ok.
It’s Blue Mountain and it’s right in the village, so price was as expected.
Would go back even just for the fries. Bet their poutine is amazing.

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

We went for dinner and a beer. The Foggy Shores IPA was go.od but that was the best thing about it. I had the smash burger. If I'm paying $23 for a burger I expect premium burger. The beef and toppings were average on this one. The bun was falling apart by the end. The fries I received were cold. The wait staff quickly got me a hot replacement. They weren't bad but nothing special with a lot of little end pieces. My partner enjoyed the chicken Caesar. And on an incongruent side note, this place is trying to be young and edgy with x games type sports on the TVs but the dinnerware looked like it came out of grandma's cupboard. I won't be rushing back.