“Great Birthday Dinner”

Tholos
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A re-creation of a two-storey courtyard setting that lies between ancient Corinthian ruins encompassing our three intimate dining rooms and an extensive patio. Authentic Greek/Mediterranean food.
Reviewed 14 April 2021

Like most people, we haven't enjoyed a sit-down dinner (let alone an in-person birthday celebration) for a long time. We were happy that Blue Mountain Village was a green zone, and that the restaurants were open!

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals at Tholos. The Saganaki seemed to be a very popular appetizer that night. Almost every table had one (including ourselves)!

Upon arrival, we informed them that we were celebrating a birthday. For dessert, they offered an amazing Baklava Cheesecake--imagine yummy cheesecake with a phyllo pastry shell around it. And they decorated the plate with a nice "Happy Birthday" message.

The restaurant was very crowded. But they did a good job of having plexiglass dividers between tables. We did not feel unsafe there while eating our meals. Even the menus were not hard copy--scan the QR code to access, or view online.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (794)

Reviewed 2 April 2021

I went to Tholos and the customer service was so good! The best I’ve ever seen. My family and I got Spiros for our service and he is the funniest and sweetest person ever, his service was excellent. The food was so good I rate it a good 11/10. Overall it’s an amazing restaurant and I recommend 100%.- Noah and Tintin

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank MalaikaG_-_-_-_-_-_0
Reviewed 29 March 2021

We got a bad feeling as soon as we walked in and were “unwelcome” by a hostess who clearly wanted to be somewhere else.
We got sat and almost immediately asked what we wanted when we had barely downloaded the menu.
We asked for recommendations and followed one of the waitress choices.
We received the dip platter which looked like the dips had been scooped like ice cream and the hummus texture was really odd so was its taste.
We return the octopus plate as we couldn’t even cut it with our knives, that’s how over cooked it was. The waistress brought us a new plate and to be honest it was just the same and when she got back to ask how it was we said a bit better and she walked away as if she didn’t care. The chicken souvlaki plate was tasteless and seemed liked it had been cooked a long time ago. Nothing was seasoned or marinated.
Nothing seemed Greek about this restaurant.

Our big mistake was to read the comments afterwards on TripAdvisor. Although this place seemed to have had better service and food in the past, times have definitely changed.

Date of visit: March 2021
Management17033, Owner at Tholos, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Our restaurants food quality and great service has not changed in 14 years. Which is why we get such good reviews from our customers.

Reviewed 12 March 2021

Called in for take out order and the lady on the phone said to call back because the person who takes orders was not available. She had a huge order and couldn’t take the call. The girl on the phone did not have the ability to take the take-out order. “You have to call back”, we were instructed. This made us completely wipe them from our option.

We decided to try them the next day as we walked to the village. Came in for takeout for a Greek salad. Servers at the front were welcoming and friendly. I went to the bar to place an order for my salad. I ordered a Greek salad and was shocked when I saw the bill for $20. I ordered it regardless because I still wanted the salad. I was expecting a huge salad for $20 of lettuce. When I received it, it was a small takeout container. This was not a large salad. As I started to eat the salad in my hotel, a quarter of the package was taken by the dressing container. Another quarter was taken by the feta cheese and only half of it was salad with soggy onions and tomatoes that were very soft and acidic. This is the worst salad I ever had I will NEVER order here again. Ripped off 100%!

Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

The menu is very unimaginative. You would think with the opportunity to open after Covid they would strive to impress. The food was well done and very good. But for the price you pay chicken and beef souvlaki shouldn’t be top of the lift