2,088 results
All reviews the grill relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities q hotels flemings restaurant changing rooms steam room robes and slippers main restaurant my mum lovely hotel superior room great facilities buffet style birthday treat waiting staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been booking people to stay at the Westerwood for over five years and have enjoyed lunches in the last year which were memorable. However, I decided to book lunch today with 2 colleagues and what a disaster it turned out to be. Not only did we have to hang around waiting for someone to attend to us to be seated at our table but when we did get taken to a table, it was set for afternoon tea despite us booking for lunch. Five minutes into our next wait for a drinks and food order, a waitress asked us if we would mind moving to a table NOT set up for afternoon tea. As the other table was a few metres away and the only difference was no cups and saucers, we declined. We then ordered 3 soft drinks and some sandwiches and a bowl of handcut chips to share. The drinks order when it came was wrong and we were served french fries rather than handcut chips as ordered. The sandwiches were very disappointing, 3 slices of ordinary bread served club style with far too much bread and filling - certainly not worth the £8 charged. Despite being served french fries, we were not offered any accompaniments, i.e. vinegar or sauce. All in all, very disappointing. We were offered a £5 discount as I did say we had been disappointed when paying the bill BUT would much rather have had an enjoyable lunch and paid the full price. If this is an example of Doubletree Hilton standards at the Westerwood, not impressed so far.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jackie H, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jane D

As I have mentioned in my previous response to your colleague, I will ensure that the service issues are addressed with the Restaurant Manager, you should not have been asked to move tables, and the orders should be taken clearly & concisely to prevent these mistakes.

I will also ensure that your feedback is passed onto our head chef regarding the food quality, this isn't our normal standard, and I'm pleased that you have experienced our normally high level of service previously.

I would like to reassure you that, whilst we have now rebranded as Doubletree, this should not mean any reduction in our service levels, and this will be addressed urgently.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First trip to the Westerwood since it's been re-branded into the Hilton group and I must say I was very disappointed with our lunch.

We told the waitress who eventually appeared, that we were in for lunch. She took us to a table set for afternoon tea. We only realised this after sitting down and getting sorted when another waitress approached our table and asked if we could perhaps move to a table set for lunch. We chose not to - surely it's not too much difficulty to swap 3 side plates and cups and saucers for a knife and fork?!

Our drink order then arrived with only 1 out of 3 drinks correct. We ordered a side of chunky chips to go with our sandwiches and received skinny fries instead. Any sauce - who knows? No one offered any.. And speaking of sandwiches! I went for the Ploughman's sandwich - awful! £8 for ordinary bread - looked like plain old Hovis - the thinnest slices of cheese and ham and far too much pickle. It was put together like a club sandwich, with pickle on two layers of the bread!

The waitress kindly gave us £5 of the bill, which was something I suppose, but very disappointed with mediocre service and food quality which seems to have drastically gone downhill, having eaten here before with no complaints.

We book a lot of people into this hotel as we work locally, but I'll certainly not be in a rush to recommend it, nor be back anytime soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank catrionac219

Dear Catriona C

I will ensure that the service issues are addressed with the Restaurant Manager, you should not have been asked to move tables, and the orders should be taken clearly & concisely to prevent these mistakesn.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of contrasts, first impressions very good, lovely reception area and restaurant / bar, all the staff we spoke to were helpful and very friendly. Thought it was strange to have to go through a restaurant to the pool / spa area, details regards the pool were sparse and if wasn’t until my husband and son were in the changing rooms they realised towels were not provided and there was no staff to help?! Robes and slippers also not provided in the room, again strange for a spa hotel I thought? We ate in Flemings restaurant as we were told after arrival that the grill was closed for the evening which we were disappointed with as we would have preferred a more casual dining experience with our 8 year old, but that said the food was nice and again the staff were good and attentive. Now to the room it’s self, first word that comes to mind is dated, damp on ceiling, no mirror over desk where plugs were so drying / styling hair was guess work, possibly the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever slept in, although the pillows were nice, sons bed settee no better could actually feel the springs, only one coffee, no biscuits and although it was nice to have a separate shower cubicle it was really small with no shelving so everything had to go on the floor, not ideal if you don’t want to wash your hair!! At breakfast, although initially disappointed that it was a buffet style we couldn’t fault the range and quality of the stuff that was provided. All in all I would expect higher overall standards in a 4 star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Duneside

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I'm sorry you've left feeling disappointed in your stay.

We do provide robes & slippers at the spa on request, and these are also provided in the deluxe bedrooms. We do on occasion move dinner into 1 restaurant for the evening, to allow guests a nicer atmosphere, and we ensure that we do have items from both menus available - our chef will be delighted that you enjoyed the food.

We have had some investment into our rooms recently, and all hotel beds (including sofas) were replaced in August of this year. I will ensure the room is checked in case of any issues with the new beds. I will ensure that our housekeeping team are checking thoroughly for the items provided.

We do offer a buffet style breakfast as often cater for large numbers, however the staff to regularly check this to ensure it is always hot & well-replenished.

I am sorry that you've not enjoyed your visit, but hope that we can welcome you back in the future into one of our refurbished rooms.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We purchased our treatment and afternoon tea deal straight from the hotel which I don’t think was much more expensive than it would have been from any voucher deals you can get online. The staff were helpful and although the jacuzzi was out of bounds we were informed of this before our trip and offered the chance to come back on a separate occasion. Afternoon tea was lovely as were the staff. My treatment was fantastic and Louise was just lovely as my massage therapist. Although this is Cumbernauld and almost local the views to the hills make you feel that you have traveled much further afield. I would 100% recommend and look forward to the chance to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mhairi641

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your spa visit, I am delighted that you've had such a great time here at the hotel. The spa days really are great value, and I will be delighted to share your lovely feedback with Louise - she really is a superstar!

I hope it won't be too long until we can welcome you back again!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Average hotel, rooms could do with some tlc.
Duvets are maybe feather filled very noisy kept me awake with every toss or turn.
We had a family room sofa turns into a double bed.
We stayed for 2 nights notified house keeping on our first day there was no hot water for a bath and after out all day sight seeing that's all I wanted. Nothing got done about it.
Notified again that night only for reception to come up take a look and say there's nothing they can do now.
I'm glad to be home now to have a nice hot bath.
Cookies served as a welcome check in co tain nuts I think an alternative should be offered to sufferers of this allergy as my son felt slightly left out.
Breakfast was nice full buffet.
Underfloor heating didn't work in. Our bathroom either.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jackie H, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear 393donnae

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I am truly sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. I will ensure this is addressed with our maintenance team, and also with the front desk as this could have been responded to & handled in a much more professional way.

I hope that we can still welcome you back to the hotel again in the future in order to restore your faith.