La Villa Douce(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
US$416
US$398
Hotel Les Terrasses du Bailli(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
US$320
US$307
Hotels.com
Le Bailli de Suffren(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
US$741
US$205
US$302
US$256
  • Beachfront
All reviewsport grimaudentertainment teamslidessitebeachesruleseuropoolfrancejacuzzidancelidl
Reviewed 26 May 2015

We have stayed at Pachacaid for a few years now. After the tragic death of a toddler a few years ago the site the site was bought by a large camping company called FranceLoc. There have been some negative comments since the new ownership but FranceLoc are improving the site all the time. The swimming pool is now heated and has been made all one depth and there is no jumping or diving allowed.

The site is now mainly log cabins. Thesearereally mobile homes with wood cladding! These look attractive but they are far from comfortable. They only have a table and dining chairs on a deck and there is nowhere to doze in the sun on your emplacement, you have to go to the pool for a sun loungers. However there are still a few privately owned mobile homes on the site. These offer a much better level of comfort. I suggest you book from a private owner, some advertise on HOLIDAY HOMES WEB SITE. You are then assured of a more personal service.

Room Tip: Book a privately owned MH not a log cabin!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank samosaboy2015
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Stunning campsite set on a hill in a pine tree forest. Absolutely beautiful surroundings and views. Mobile homes are all spaced out very well, so you feel like you have your own space. Ours was on the higher levels, so we could enjoy amazing views of the valley! The mobile home itself wass great quality, we chose a Top Presta mobile home which was spotlessly clean and very modern and had everything we needed.
Ideal for families as there is a kids' club (thank you to Mathilde for her kindness), teenagers' club, plenty of sports activities (I especially loved aquagym with Natascha), entertainment every night and of course the huge swimming pool with the water park. Couldn't get our kids out of the water park ! There is a paddling pool for the little ones, slides, jacuzzis, steam room, fitness area and a relaxing spa area for adults.
On site there is a shop where you can buy your freshly baked bread every morning, a snack bar by the pool with fantastic views of the surrounding hills and a large restaurant with an outdoor terrace.
Location is great too, while it is away from the hustle and bustle of the beaches and Saint Tropez, everything still remains very accessible. Lots of beautiful Provencal villages to visit, we especially enjoyed the markets with all the fresh produce.
I would recommend this campsite to anyone...families, couples (young and old), friends. Beautiful setting in a great location with all you could want and very friendly staff !
We will be returning this year !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jane J
Reviewed 17 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the start of september (6th- 13th) with Eurocamp and the site was reasonably quiet with few children about. Our caravan was in the 800's and yes it was away from the pool and quite far up the hill but the views more than made up for it. Be careful of what you put in your bin at the caravan as in the small hours of the morning wild boar do come on to site and if you leave anything tasty in the bins they will raid your bins. There are several large bin areas that you can get rid of your rubbish away from the caravans.

The caravan was very well equiped with a proper oven/grill, 4 burner hob and whistling kettle. There was no toaster but a croissant doesnt fit in a toaster.

The only problem we had with the caravan was a blown lightbulb which was fixed within 24 hours of us making it known to the rep.

The pool had a life guard on duty whenever we were there. They did appear to have to do other duties like tidying up around the pool as well as lifeguarding so were not in their seat at all times.
As has been said before the slides are not manned by life guards and away from the pool(2 diffrent locations) . The older concrete ones do have mats to sit on but as you do get flung about abit as you go down it is easy to see how you could get a graze or two.

We never went to the restaurant or bar on site as our caravan was so well equiped we were able to eat at our caravan every night.

We hired a car from Nice airport to travel about with (fiat 500) . The campsite is around 2 hours down the main motorway from the airport and about €15 in tolls each way. We had to leave at 6am to catch or flight home and could not get a straight answer if the gate (the gates have a keypad either side for left or right hand drive cars) would be open or closed at that time so we had to leave the car parked on the road outside over night to make sure that we could leave at that tume.

One point to make the road over the mountain to the beach is really NOT worth attepting to take. It will take you about the same time to take the long way round and save your nerves.

The beach at Cavalaire is excelent and half the price of the st tropez beaches with more to do as well and you can get all your beach things in the shops just behind the beach.

The large supermarket in Coglin (15 minutes away)is excellent and sells everything that you could need on your holiday (apart from beach towels) .

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Malcolm D
Reviewed 8 September 2014

I researched my holiday booking in order to get the best accommodation to suit my families needs. I read all the reviews carefully about this camp site prior to booking, the closer it got to the time of travel the more negative they were becoming, but I kept an open mind.

I booked direct with FRANCELOC.... big mistake!!!

If you are British I would not recommend this site as it is 99% aimed at its own nationality and not welcoming to other tourists. All the entertainment at this site is in French- so why advertise to English? so why did I book you may ask....

The website is advertised and aimed at English holiday makers as well as French and German, explaining all the fantastic facilities etc.... so you assume it would cater for British holiday makers. This is not the case.

The camp site is not ideal at all for anyone with any walking difficulties, in which we soon found out. I would say its not even suitable for the unfit, I have re named the hill up to the higher caravans the 'heart attack hill' seriously do not under estimate the picturesque scenery against the mighty steep hills leading to the caravans.

The children's clubs are all in French, the entertainment around the pool is mainly Zumba in which they repeat the same songs daily, some however are in English but for some reason the language used it really explicit and not ideal for any child of any age to listen to. The evening entertainment offered on a few nights you had to pay extra for such as laser tag and a circus.

There were two lots of entertainment which were universally language friendly which was a band playing around the pool (CLOVERFIELD) who were in fact quite good, however health and safety really need to look into live wires all round the pool. Another night was a magic show which was around 25% in english.

The staff but a few are all miserable and couldn't even give you the time of day to give you eye contact and a smile was a stretch to far!

Now another bizarre happening whilst round the pool, Like any holiday resort you have holiday makers cuing for the sunbeds in the morning, in which we did on several occasions. You are not allowed to eat by the pool or drink, so you have to leave your beds with your towels on, to either go to the pool bar or back to your caravan for something to eat. You do not however expect your towels and belongings to be thrown on the floor by the LIFEGUARDS!! for other people to then use ( whilst your sitting in the bar watching!) this I have been told is policy!

The toilets on the complex are filthy and not separated , so both male and female together.

The food and drink offered is limited but tasty, ( no French cuisine just the usual burger, pizza) the downfall is the price - all the south of France is expensive , even the supermarkets, so if you are planning a trip try cram as much shopping in your vehicle as possible. All the caravans have no oven or toaster and you are not allowed a barbecue ( understandably your in a forest!) so you have to hire a grill at £5 per day. Everything you cant cook they sell, for example a whole cooked chicken.....at.....wait for it.... 14 euros! There is also a barbecue night at 15 euros per person, again a ploy to tempt you to go as you will be craving something you cannot cook yourself...jacket potatoes etc.

The pool is very clean and a nice size, ( as stated no eating , drinking, smoking allowed which is a good thing in regards to cleanliness), there are two new slides which are great, yet mainly unmanned, so no lifeguard and in a quiet area I dread to think of the younger children on there without supervision. The older concrete slides are dangerous and I observed lots of cuts and grazes.

The bouncy castle has been moved ( after previous serious accident in which could of been avoided if health and safety was in place prior and a member of staff supervising, there are enough around the pool chatting, one could easily be placed by the bouncy castle) this is now on like small tones with slim padding around the edges. The trampolines which are there can only be used by kids club. The park is very simple and also on small pebbles.

All around the site there was no where to sit at all?? you could only sit if you were eating and were moved if you were not. As you can see from some pictures on this site , you sit on steps for the entertainment, not sure if that is how I would choose to enjoy my evenings. ( In which we did not!)
WiFi is free but only good if you sit around the reception area, where all the teenagers tended to hang out.
There are lots of mosquitoes in the area which is not at all the camp-sites fault, just a warning to take repellent. The drive is a very long one ( want any advice tips message me) The Libertag was a life saver, so much easier to drive straight through without having to cue up in the traffic.

The camp site is in the middle of no where, so you do need a car, the traffic in August was horrendous, hopefully in quieter months it would be more bearable. The weather was lovely in the low 30's every day!

If your fit, French and have a big wallet, this would be perfect :) but if your British, want to get what you pay for , go else where.

I would say as far as holidays go.....this was supposed to be a holiday to remember, just wish it was for the right reasons

Any questions please ask.

Room Tip: Low level for walking difficulties, high level for better views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank calmseame
Reviewed 7 September 2014

We have just returned from a week's stay at Le Pachacaid and, having read some of the recent negative reviews, felt I had to put across a review from our own perspective. Admittedly we travelled as a middle aged couple without children so I cant comment on supervision at the pool or play areas or the kids club.

We hired a car at Nice Airport and it took us just over an hour and a half to drive to the campsite. It has a lovely setting in amongst 50ft pine trees and is terraced up a hill. It is off the main road about a mile down a rather narrow lane which barely allowed 2 cars to pass. We stayed in a Eurocamp caravan on the lowest level, the 100's, which was ideal as I have slight walking difficulties and would have found the steps up to the upper levels impossible. Levels 100 to 400 are the best for accessing the amenities, above that you need to be reasonably fit.

The caravan was clean and the linen and essentials packs I had pre-ordered were waiting for us. One of the reps met us at the caravan after giving us the keys and ran through how to use everything and their contact details should we encounter any problems. Unlike previous Eurocamp reps we didnt see much of the ones here, and as a previous reviewer had mentioned, they appeared to be students on a gap year, however we didnt need their services during our stay. Also as a previous reviewer has mentioned, the caravan had air conditioning, which was a godsend as even in the first week of September, the day time temperatures reached the low 30's. Once the sun went down behind the hill opposite though, it got quite chilly so you needed a fleece.

The pool area was lovely, well laid out with an artificial beach area surrounding it. It was too hot for me to sunbathe there but there were plenty of sunloungers around for those who wanted them. I preferred to swim then go up to the pool bar to dry off. I didnt use the slides so cant comment on their state. I also didnt notice a lifeguard, but there again I wasnt looking for one, however I do feel that if children are young enough to need supervision, then that is the responsibility of the parents. We always watched over our own 2 kids, and grandkids for that matter, until they were at least 10 or 11.

The pool bar had typical snack food available during the day, burgers, chips, etc. although we didnt eat there. We did eat at the Pachacafe two evenings and had fab meals for what we thought was a reasonable price, less than 50 euros for 2 steak dinners and a bottle of rose wine. The steak was tender and cooked to our liking both times and I tried the BBQ ribs on the second visit which were also scrummy. They had a wood burning pizza oven and there was a guy there all night continually making pizzas either to eat in or take out. I didnt see any evening entertainment while we were there, so perhaps that had finished for the season.

The shop stocked the basics and although we bought some bread and milk there, we generally used LeClerc's supermarket 10 minutes down the road in Cogolin. We found the staff in the camp shop to be friendly as we did at the pool and in the restaurant. Yes, they did primarily speak in french, but we were in France for god's sake, it gave me the chance to try out my (rusty) french and to teach my husband a few basic words. I've never noticed campsites in Britain speaking to foreigners in their language.

We went out exploring the area every day and found two lovely small towns in Le Lavandou and Cavalaire-sur-mer, which had fabulous beaches, quaint harbours with some expensive looking boats, and lots of places to sit in the shade and have a drink, snack or even a full meal. We also went to Port Grimaud and did the boat trip around the port and St Maxime where we took a shuttle boat to St Tropez, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed. St Tropez itself was actually the low light of our trip as we thought it was terribly overrated with not much there. Another day we went to Ramatuelle which was fascinating and also spent the afternoon on the famous beaches outside St Tropez.

All in all, the campsite was in a lovely spot to explore the fabulous coastline nearby so I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it as a place to stay. The only negatives we found was the narrow road to the campsite (which probably wouldnt have been as bad if the car rental company had loaned us the compact car I ordered not an 8-seater people wagon which was all they had left with manual transmission) and the mosquitoes that congregated in the caravan. If going at this time of year, I recommend either taking some repellent and cream with you, or buying a can of spray as soon as you get there.

Room Tip: Lower levels 100 to 400 are a must if you have walking difficulties or want to be near the amenities
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple