See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Hotel Shiunkaku is more or less the best solution in wide area around. I stayed at few hotels in Saitama area but this is one of the best. Because, normally at other hotels are room much smaller. Here you don't have problem on reception, because they can speak English (at other hotels it is really problem). Breakfast is quite OK according Japanese hotels. Price is reasonable and finally you have closet (first hotel with closet I stayed in Japan). And finally, good working free wi-fi connection and they have really nice garden and small lake with waterfall. Looks amazing.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Let's start with the positive aspects : service was kind, at least during the day, wifi was working well in the lobby as well as in the sleeping room, room was very spacious and price was very cheap (for Japan). For the rest, I think this hotel was never renovated since the 70's...everything should be refurbished, paint, bed , furniture, carpets, tv, absolutely everything. Bad sleeping quality and quite noisy (you can hear people from room close by or in the corridor). Breakfast atmosphere was like school canteen, no service, poor coffee and very restricted choice. As far as I am concerned, I will avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I spent more than 2 weeks in this hotel and I found it very good.

Room(s) were clean,comfortable, big. Bathroom was also big and clean.

Personnel was, as usual in Japan, very helpful and kind.

Breakfast was included in room price (which was also very low) and was not so far from typical European one.

There is free wifi available but only on reception hall (at least, network was not available on non-smokers room floor).

Hotel has also a parking area and a very nice garden. Close to the hotel there's a Temple and a driving school track, so atmosphere is peaceful and calm, with no traffic, no noise, and good air.

If compared with price quality was extremely high.

I also enjoyed the included restaurant: not exceptional, but serves good food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Capacchione2
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I spent here 3 nights on my business trip and I must say this is a decent hotel for a reasonable price. Although my hotel room was small and its furniture seemed quite old, it was clean and comfortable. It was equipped with a good size bed, air-conditioning, high speed internet, a fridge and a large window facing the hotel`s garden. I did not enjoy a full breakfast because it was served only after 7 a.m. and I had to left earlier every day. However the hotel staff was very friendly so they prepared at least a simple but sufficient breakfast for me before its regular time. All in all, this hotel offers good standard and I have nothing to complaint about.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Kulda
Reviewed 19 November 2008

This is an attractive hotel in a very quiet yet central location. They have a beautiful lobby and koi pond with waterfall, good group facilities i understand, though I am here solo. Very little english spoken, but enough to get by, especially because of the great attitude of the staff. Super safe place, I dont worry about leaving my laptop in my room. Nice breakfast buffet for $10, my single room is small but clean and comfortable and nicely appointed with huge opening window. There is an old Shinto shrine next door you can walk the grounds and the hotel restuarant looks over the garden in back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo