“The only British enjoying lunch here ...”
Review of Osteria del Borgo

Osteria del Borgo
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Larino
Price range: US$23 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Piccolo ristorante nel centro storico di Larino, l'Osteria del Borgo affianca ad una cucina tipica locale ottime grigliate di carni nostrane con vini esclusivamente molisani. I menu seguono la stagionalità dei prodotti: d'estate ciabbotta e acquasale, d'inverno zuppe di legumi, cereali e pan cotto e tanto altro da scoprire. Lo spazio raccolto del ristorante non nega la possibilità di poter festeggiare eventi. L'Osteria del Borgo può accogliere 30/40 ospiti ai tavoli e per cene a buffet anche fino a cinquanta. Aperto a pranzo su prenotazione. A cena è sempre aperto. La domenica sera e il lunedì sono i giorni di riposo settimanale.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We were very lucky to be able to have lunch here because a local Italian family were celebrating an 18th birthday in this special place.
We were made to feel very welcome and special and the food was delicious.
If you get the chance - make the effort to find this Osteria.

Date of visit: July 2017
Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for being my special guests.
I hope there will be new opportunities
See you soon

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy fresh ingredients inspired by traditional recipes, look no further this is your place. A beautiful setting in the historic town of Larino. We sat outside, did some people watching and ate like kings. We were greeted as though we were family but served as though we were royalty.

Do not walk past this restaurant without going inside, you will regret it.
Excellent wine, outstanding homemade pasta, in season and top notch ingredients - it was a night to remember.

Ciao

Date of visit: July 2017
Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for this nice review,
We look forward to it together with her wonderful family!
CIAO
Assunta

Grazie tante per questa bella recensione,
l'aspettiamo presto insieme alla sua meravigliosa famiglia!
ciao

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Where do I start...well, I can simply say that this wonderful, classy restaurant run by an outstanding couple is a gem not to be missed while visiting Larino, Campobasso, or while in the region of Moilise. The setting in this medieval town adds to the flavor of this wonderful place. I was told of this restaurant by my late mother, who just two years ago, had returned to her home town of Larino and had a splendid dinner here with her siblings, celebrating their homecoming, their history, their heritage. Our visit their was in celebration of my mom and our heritage. The food was fresh, delicate yet memorable in flavor and proudly served. Assunta, our hostess and owner of the place, was present to ensure we were happy with the service and food, all of which was top caliber. Bottom line, Osteria del Borgo is a gem withing the centro storico Larino so worth visiting over and over, again!! Grazie per la cena stupenda!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016

Assunta took wonderful care of me and made sure I had a marvelous dining experience. The dinner was the best ever! I could taste how my grandmother's house used to smell! (She was from Molise). It was superb! When i go back I plan to eat there as often as manageable! Truly a great meal at a very affordable price!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

The food was great! Terrific little restaurant in a lovely small town. If you are in the area you must try it. We will be back every time we visit.

Date of visit: March 2016