All reviews event city trafford centre great modern hotel usb charging small gym ideal home show industrial area air con the billy joel concert evening food appointed rooms the breakfast area breakfast was included public areas a large car park ironing board coffee machine
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with parter and son rooms were spotless lovely big beds one was sofa bed dbl great big walk in shower staff were polite room was only 50 pound which I think is great value for money was told when checked in breakfast was 10 till 11 I thought was strange but put it down to being Sunday morning so whent down at 10 50 for two coffees the look on staff members face think we had asked for 2 full English breakfasts so never bothered whent to McDonald's got them hotel is great location definetly stay again keep up good work .

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
JamesR6518, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Debsalan,

I am so sorry for the breakfast confusion, I can only assume you stayed the weekend where the clocks went back meaning 10am was technically 11am and the Check-in staff confused things.

I do hope to welcome you back if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Still feels very new so all the fixtures ans furnishings are in good condition.

Good location for the Trafford centre and Trafford Park, bit less so for Media City and that direction due to the traffic.

Staff were friendly. Only downside as always with HIE was the food - cook / chill / microwave as per every other HIE.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Beefeater2013,

Thank you for a great review and 5/5 rating!

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a convention at BEC from Friday-Sunday. It's a 5mins drive from there which was perfect! £5 in a taxi... Can't go wrong! 5 min walk from the trafford center again perfect!
The rooms are a nice size, beds comfy and bathrooms perfect.
Room was serviced on Saturday which is fine as we were out but I noticed a couple of things, that could just be me being picky like all the rubbish was not removed from the room and on check in a found a bottle cap in full view on the chair in the room. All the staff were very friendly and helpful answering any questions or issues we had over the weekend so can't complain about that! All in all enjoyed the stayed and would stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
JamesR6518, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Rachael,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. I will speak with Housekeeping about their attention to detail.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Really impressed with Holiday Inn Express TraffordCity in Manchester. Welcome after a long drive was very friendly, very efficient - just what we needed. Room was decent size, very clean, contemporary styling like the rest of the hotel and well kitted out. Wife appreciated hairdryer with socket next to mirror within the room (many hotels forget these details). The shower area was spacious, whilst the rest of the bathroom was really for one person which wasn't a problem for us. Bar downstairs and seating was good. The breakfast was great - full of choice, plentiful and even had options to take away - someone has thought about this! Check-out, again efficient, nothing too much trouble. Whilst area being developed, had what we needed close by. Would definitely stay here again and recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JamesR6518, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Regtrav1,

Thank you ever so much for your fantastic feedback!

The team were delighted when I shared your comments with them.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Great staff! Very clean and comfortable rooms. Lovely bathroom with big shower and white fluffy towels! Great location and a great price.Free parking and the tram stop was right outside the hotel although we didn't need to use it. Easy to get to shops and into central city of Manchester.
The only downside of this hotel was the price and quality of the food sold in the Bar/Cafe. I ordered a burger and chips (smallish portion served). The burger was like a piece of rubber with rubber cheese on top and a piece of rubber bacon, chips were few and not great. I left most of it. Can you believe they charged £13 for it!! Terribly overpriced for extremely poor quality food. The second night we ordered 3 pizzas between 5 of us, they were better quality, very tasty and just the stodge we needed after a long busy day. Price was £39.50 for them, they were 12 inch pizzas. The breakfast was included in our room price and it was fine. Good choice hot and cold buffet style, toaster, coffee machine. Only orange and apple juice offered and I prefer Cranberry but that's just personal choice. The seating areas were ok, modern and basic, not for me but again it's just down to personal choice and it wouldn't stop me staying there again because it is very good value for money. Just order a takeaway for delivery to hotel instead of trying to eat the overpriced bar food. 2 nights at the weekend, incl. breakfast, free parking for 2 people was under £205.00 so it is a good value for money hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
JamesR6518, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Flower_of_Scotland49

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay over all, though I am disappointed to read you didn't enjoy our burger, please rest assured we use real cheddar in our burgers, no rubber cheese enters the hotel.

I am delighted you found the shower space large and towels fluffy. The tram stop is still being built so I am glad you didn't try to board, they plan to open early 2020.

Am I delighted you will be returning to us, and I have shared your comments with the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,