Just stayed five nights after a week's busy touring of the island. Decadent chic exactly describes the hotel. It looks nothing from the outside but is decorated and furnished with style and taste with large rugs and a marble centrepiece in the foyer and chandeliers everywhere in the public areas. There is a sweeping staircase into the dining room where parties and weddings are held and groups sometimes stay, and where we ate each evening. We had a half board deal and the meals were delicious and well presented, but one evening there was only four of us eating and it lacked atmosphere. Our room was large with a comfy king size bed and sea view where we could see the sunset. There is a mini bar in the room, great shower, good air conditioning, but the TV only had BBC World News in English but Sky TV is on its way! There is good free wifi. It was warm and sunny during our stay and we sat on sun beds (there are only four I think) but did not go in the small pool which is really a large cold water jacuzzi. Balestrate is very quiet, and other than going to the nearby pub Why Not for great live music on Saturday and Sunday evening with the locals, there is not much doing. We saw the hotel spa pools and steam room etc. which look good but we did not use. We did not go on trips as we had been round the island, but they can be arranged. Palermo airport is about half an hour away by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the tourist port of Balestrate, born Marina Holiday Hotel, designed to offer its customers the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. MH The hotel has a lift that allows direct access to the beach and the port. In this structure the terrace overlooking the sea is the ideal place to taste the Mediterranean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Holiday Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Holiday Resort And Spa
- Marina Holiday Hotel Balestrate
- Marina Holiday Resort & Spa Balestrate, Sicily, Italy