StayForLong
Agoda.com
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The front desk check-in was good. In Neijiang area, this hotel is considered one of the best. And I have to agree.

My room was spacious and bright, the windows were floor to ceiling. I found the bed to be comfortable and the bathroom to offer a number of amenities.

The breakfast buffet offered a variety of fruits and local cuisine, which I always try when traveling. I found the food to be quite satisfactory.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2016

Stayed here for a week back in March, room is comfortable with a pleasant view overlooking a large park across the 3-4 lane road out front (which was never busy!). It was still pretty cool at that time of year, but the heating in the room was more than adequate to take away the chill. This is not so in the huge lobby area, where the poor staff have to wear full winter woolies as part of their standard work attire (this is normal in China though, so not a criticism). Breakfast was pretty rudimentary by western standards, but they had all the chinese staple foods, just don't expect the sort of thing you'd get in a Starwood hotel and you'll survive... I travelled with a chinese colleague so didn't experience the language gap, but in this part of china there are fewer people that speak English than in the larger cities, so if you're mandarin isn't quite up to spec, then be prepared for a few stilted conversations. There are a few local shops around the hotel, but you actually need to get a taxi to the downtown area if you want to get out and about to experience the local shopping and restaurants. Taxi fare to the centre of town was about 15RMB

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2015

I choose the hotel based on the comments I read on trip advisor. I am a a good supporter of the way Trip Advisor helps travelers to make better choice but I am also aware that some reviews are not 100% true or transparent. I mean they are not independently expressed. In the case of this hotel I believe I am absolutely convinced that more than 90% of the reviews are over exaggerated. First, there is hardly anyone who can speak or understand basic English. I had to call a friend with my phone to get my check-in done. Rooms are okay. yes they are comfortable but, ehi, nothing to really scream about or get shocked the moment you enter.
But try to order a room service or an extra pillow or towel. You are asking for troubles.
Their buffet dinner is so much advertised but actually is very poor in the display counter with most food ready-to-heat style. and the service at the restaurant is under staffed. Actually the coffeehouse is really terrible in appearance because it cannot even be classified as restaurant.
In origin was an area belonging to the parking lot. I guess it was covered by class and the pavement floored with tiles. The table are just placed around in a very disorganized way. Therefore it lacks any appearance of a coffee house or restaurant. I guess the owner just did some botched appearances for the sake t get the ratings
It cannot be accepted that an hotel like this is given such high rating by any flexible or open minded International hotel standards.
The public toilet is the most ridiculous lace of this hotel. The toilet is Turkish style which is the preferred way of the locals. For any Westerner there is a toilet seat which is in full view of anyone coming to toilet. Therefore, while you are answering to your nature's call , anyone entering the toilet can see you busy doing your need and even can take pictures and, maybe, upload them in any social network.
The lobby is huge and nobody around to help you to guide you to the reception desk. If this is the best hotel in Neijiang I am utterly disappointed

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jfjlawai
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Have stayed there twice this year. It's a great place with fantastic bedrooms, comfy beds and open bathrooms. Staff are very helpful and try their best in English. Shame there's no wifi, otherwise can't fault it.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Nice brand new hotel, very good service, welll situated, clean and cosy !

Date of stay: May 2009