“Small Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Small Gem hidden in the gardens of Pietrasanta in a old Mill house. Enchanting location with an amazing atmosphere. We tried all different fish dishes from raw to cooked and to finish off with a outstanding passion fruit and meringue dessert. Outstanding cooks and staff, especially Fabio. I'll be back in the summer to enjoy an outside garden dinner

Reviewed 15 July 2015

The place is great for a summer evening, ... or a winter night. It was and old oil (or death?) mill. For the summer eating in the garden is lovely. In the winter,i am guessing, the inside should be very warm and welcoming. The building is on a small country road perhaps 500 meters off a major road leading south from the town center of Pietrasanta.
As for the food, the six of us all agreed that the quality was a bit mixed. I had (like several of my friends) stuffed zucchini flowers for appetizer. The flowers were good, but the stuffing was much too heavy. My main course was fried anchovies with vegetables. And In short: the town Pietrasanta is flooded with restaurants. Martinatica would not be my first choice. But if I wanted to avoid the hassle of finding parking, walking through the pedestrian center of town, and waiting for a table, I might reconsider.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

Four of us ate at Ristorante Martinatica, after a recommendation in Pietrasanta. The food was excellent, imaginative and delicious. My Orata was suberb, the steak and cutlets equally appreciated and the tripe wolfed down. The location is conducive to long lunches or dinners, with the stream running by and a sense of out of the way of the world. Great service too. I''s just off the beaten track, look for the small sign post, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I found this place through tripadvisor, being only a few hundred meters from our holiday getaway. The scenery is great, an old oilmill with lots of places outside in the gardens and beautifully restaurated inside. The service was ok: guests were helped to find parking space on the property by a very friendly man. The waiters were helpful as we'll, but we didn't really see them often for the rest of the night. An assortment of different breads was served. The menu is short and focused on local dishes with mainly meat and fish. The dishes were really nice and appropriately priced. Very tender octopus salad and aromatic mushroom sautée are still in mind. My dessert was not so special (I had a rather dry cheesecake), but the others looked happy with cantuccini and chocolate icecream. All in all a nice place and definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Certainly produced the wow factor for us A wonderful setting with great food
Had the ravioli with truffle shavings yum!
Followed by a chunky fillet and a great bottle of chianti
Finished off with vino santo and cantucci Will sleep well tonight!