See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Out in the country, this hotel offers very nice rooms in the main building and excellent food in the dining room. I enjoyed the subterranean spa and the different cozy sitting rooms. A walk around the pond is well worth it. This is an Afro-hotel and it is quiet and the night sky is amazing. Close to the sea, it is an idyllic location.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Wonderful location, the staff is lovely and adorable and useful too, you can stay on swimming pool side drinking something or have a walk near the lake or use the spa , the choice is yours and any choice will be great, just don 't eat in the restaurant...the standard of the food is not the same of the location

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klitennestra
LeGuardiole C, General Manager at Country Villas Fattoria Le Guardiole, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear customer,

we'd like to thank you for the nice words you wrote about the location and our staff. We feel sorry the expectation you had about the restaurant could not be confirmed as we have so many customers that are happy to eat at La Godenda. We know that each person has special tastes and maybe our menu was not the best menu for you. We change menu very often so if you happen to come again you can try something different maybe closer to your taste.

Reviewed 23 October 2010

There was no hot water, we had to wait 1 hour for tepid water, so we left. We paid an extravagant price for a rediculous lunch upon leaving. Nothing particularly special about the rooms either.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The villa is located on a splendid site overlooking the hills in Tuscany. There are two buildings located about a mile or so from each other and both have a pool. The rooms are simple and do not meet a four star accommodation or the price. The hotel restaurant is fine and it is managed very well-we found the staff at the restaurant courteous and prepared unfortunately this is not the same for the reception staff. The woman at the desk was almost rude when we arrived and did not bother to explain the amenities or the lay of the land. That is if one is staying at the main villa and you would like to use the massage pool then you need to pay several extras: you pay a fee to rent a bike, you pay a fee for the golf car, and you even pay to use the massage pool (15 euro!). Also if you want a bathrobe 7 euro and a towel for the pool another 2 euro. They manage to tack on extra charges left and right which is extremely bad taste ..these should be included when one pays 250 euro a night. So, in final analysis I would not return nor can I recommend the accommodations. I would stay elsewhere and go to lunch or dinner at the restaurant to enjoy the view.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2009

While the place and location are very nice the price is really terrible in comparison with the price. below wjat happened to me and family

at arrival heating was not working, it took one day to fix
waiters for breakfast were not available, I had to take them out of the kitchen!!
yogurts were served after expiry date, fortubately I noticed it otherwise my whole family would be poisened, this happened 2 mornings out of 4!!
dinner very expensive and food was served COLD!!
one day the electricity company switched off supply for maintenance and no generator so we were without electricity.
at check out the credit card connection was not working, at the end I had to pay with cheque, if I was a foreigner without cheques I would probably be stuck for hours!!

suggestion: the place is very nice but choose a different place to saty, the price for value is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family