“Good food and friendly service ”

Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Description: Guest House in a garden and restaurant on the mekong river with also a view on the Mountains .open everyday from 7.30 am for breakfast until 9 pm our speciality :larb duck.
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped on way back from cycling to wat Phou. Had great pad Thai and my partner a baguette, food was tasty. Service very good too. I had a terrible headache when I arrived and we asked about local pharmacist but the staff provided some paracetamol at no cost and appeared very willing to help out. Very helpful. Food is good and so were the cold drinks. Nice place

Jacques C, Directeur général at Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you very much for your comments . as far we can help people we try to our best . We hope that you feel better . have a nice trip for the next few days .

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had lunch here and we loved it. The setting is amazing and the staff is very pleasant!

Je recommande vivement !

Jacques C, Owner at Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you very much for your nice review , the mekong river view is one of good point and of course the cuisine of my wife . Thank you for her .

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We found this place by accident and wanted to spend only one night to see the temple. The place is really nice next to Mekong river, the rooms are also nice and big, with hot shower and A.C., 25€. We really liked it. Nevertheless the owner was really weird and a good reason not to come back! We rented a scooter and he told us four times that we are fully responsible for any damage what we understood already the first time. The scooter had almost no fuel and we hardly reached the petrol station. All his staff was super nice and friendly. Any order we asked the boss was jelled to the staff without please and thank you. But the temple was Great!

1  Thank No N
Jacques C, Propriétaire at Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello mister No Name , it s courageous to speak like this, behind a picture of a sphinx !
So to give me a so nice quotation , I had to be very weird.....
and / or very belgian too!

Belgian joke ... oups sorry!

Before all, Thank you very much for the nice comment ( even you gave us a very "weird " quote) about the place and thanks for the staff . We build ( my wife me and staff ) this place with an exact idea similar to what you wrote it . Nice , big , confortable and all this, for an affordable price . Thank you .

1 About the renting of scooter , it s my duty to informe customers about their responsability on the road , and I prefer to tell you twice even four times to be sure .
Because , when you have problem in case of accident in Laos , it can be A real problem . And I m sure that you know it ,because you told me about your african experience . ...

2 About the gasoline . Like I told you , we rent scooter only for our room guest , we are not a rent scooter shop . So we try to give scooters (only 3 scooters ) in a good conditon , but it happend that we forget to fill all scooter with a fulltank .
When you informed me this , I immediately proposed to you to give you back 10 000 kips which represent 1 liter , enough to visit the neighberhood . So, you said , don t worry , it will be for the next case . Thank you for the teaching !

3 So last but not least ,...about my behavior, my way to speak with the staff , I don t understand what you try to explain to the readers of tripadvisor .
Hope that you feel better now and I wish you many other beautifull trips all over the world without to judge the other , too easily ...!
And, to finish on a positive though. We forgive you. Peace and Love fo all and all over the world

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This is one lovely place to stay while in Laos and we would definitely be back here again. Peaceful, green with best food in town cooked by the wife of the owner.

The owners are friendly, helpful and kind with a lot of tips and advise on the current activities and shows around the area.

Jacques C, Directeur général at Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

hello , thank you for your kind review , it s always a good batteries recharging after an High season . Thank to You and to all customers who visited our place .

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Quite possibly our favourite place in the whole of Laos! The staff were absolutely lovely, and always smiling. The views over the river are absolutely stunning, whether you go for a table inside or one of the platform areas outside. And the food is simply delicious - the mushroom laab was perhaps the best thing we ate in our 4 weeks in Laos. Prices are also reasonable.

You must come here when in Champasak!

Jacques C, Directeur général at Nakorn Cafe Guest House and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you very much for your very kind review. The Nakorn cafe team thank you very much for your visit .