All reviewsibis stylesthe rivermekong cruiseteak treeschinese styleaccor hotelsegg stationinfinity poola la cartriver view roomnew buildingthe breakfast areawelcome drinksun risingnice pooltuk tukchiang rai
Reviewed 26 March 2018

After a long day of walking up and down a few hills, I was glad to find my room having a great view of the Mekong River. The room was spacious, but no slipper was provided. At 1,500 Thai Baht per night, it was very disappointing.
Strangely the temperature was set at 16 C which made the room unusually cold.
The bathroom was good, but the soap could have been bigger.
Our group requested an early breakfast at 05.00 a.m. and they prepared a very nice breakfast.
I am a member of Le Club AccorHotels but I couldn't remember my membership details since I rarely use it. Upon check out, I asked the Front Desk about this. He simply told me to check with the website.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Paitoonam, Manager at Chiangkhong Teak Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Khun Prasas P,

I am sorry for inconvenience case with no slipper offer in our guests rooms and thanks for your compliment in our early Breakfast offer to your groups.

Le Club Membership detail can be find in Le Club website by card owner log in. This is to protect our member information and personal detail. Please feel free to contact me for further detail of your Le Club member benefit and detail.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stayed here as part of a Spice Roads bicycle tour (which I can also highly recommend). I thought the Ibis would be a fairly nondescript business hotel but it ended up being quite lovely, especially as we stayed in the cabana rooms that are next to the main hotel building. The cabanas each have a balcony, some facing the river. The pool and deck area, as well as the open air restaurant, also face the river, and were very nice.

Room Tip: Cabana rooms with riverfront views are lovely
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Paitoonam, Manager at Chiangkhong Teak Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Khun Hollyrood125,

As your comment, our hotel is willing to offer service to both business guests and Leisure guests like you.

Chiang Khong have more bicycle trip to explore and We wish to welcome you back to visit us in your bicycle trip in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Views from swimming-pool and rooms (when facing the river) are really peaceful and inspiring... only pity for us is that the weather was windy and cold (perhaps unusual!) and there was no indoors restaurant for dinner or breakfast, making it hard to enjoy both food and views. Otherwise, recommendable!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paitoonam, General Manager at Chiangkhong Teak Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Montse64,

Thank you for your kind review us in Trip Advisor,

As your comment, The weather in this year different from other, normally December and January was the perfect time for Chiang Khong with sunshine , winter breeze, mist in the morning and fresh air all day. That's why we having an open air restaurant in our hotel.

I am sorry for unexpected experience during your stay with us.And hope that you will able to visit Ching Khong again in the near future.

Paitoon Am.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The room has a sign “No Smoking.” One of the three rooms I booked, room “101”, has strong “Smoking” smell. I have asked the hotel receptionist to change. The answer was the room is fully booked. They sent the refreshening spray and a cleaning lady to spray the room. Not OK!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Paitoonam, General Manager at Chiangkhong Teak Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Khun Yupin P,

Please accept my apologise for inconvenience cause of room smelling.

I has investigate this case with our team and found out the lack of communication between
our Housekeeping and Front Desk. Unfortunately we can offer to upgrade 1 of 2 rooms in your group that make your group cannot stay next to each other.

Khun Yupin, once again, I thank you for taking the time to share with us the feedback, which we truly value. and I deeply apologize for the disappointment and frustration you had experienced.

Paitoon am.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We love Chiang Kong and so we were looking forward to our 2 night stay at the IBIS Styles. We stayed in a river front bungalow room and have to say that the views over the Mekong are to die for. Absolutely wonderful. Big positives for us were the super comfy bed, the great breakfast, off street parking and of course sitting on our balcony looking out over the river as the sets or rises. Overall we enjoyed our stay but need to point a few minor negatives which include the age of the rooms we stayed and to advise that they really do need to be updated. The new hotel complex looks beautiful but the older part of the hotel is very old and needs to be renovated to Accor standards. Staff were always friendly and respectful when greeting us but check in staff clearly did not know about the Le Club Accor Loyalty program and drinks staff make a terrible mocktail. Minor issues overall as we had a great time and will return as they have advised that we can bring our dog.

Stayed: December 2017
Paitoonam, General Manager at Chiangkhong Teak Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Khun Craig K,

Thank you for your kind review us for good sleep and enjoying breakfast at Ibis Styles Chiang Khong Riverfront.

Please accept my apologise for inconvenience cause unwell train staff for benefit of Le Club member and quality of Bar Service. These 2 issue will be raise to our team members attention.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.