The Pico de Loro beach is heaven! We enjoyed the beach so much that we plan to return again sometime this year. However, not in this condo as we found out that the amenities they say they have did not really exist.. There are a lot of things not working which somehow dampened our stay.
1. There is no aircon in the other bedroom. Those of us who were supposed to stay in the other bedroom (no aircon) had to bring out mattresses to the living room so we can have aircon. I had 2 sleepness nights on the sofar. This is a bummer.
2. There is no heater in the masters bedroom. Imagine lining up in the bathroom with heater in order to take a shower?
3. The stove top does not work properly. The stove automatically shuts off upon reaching a certain point, which does not do well if you're cooking. It took us about 1 hour to caramelize the onions! We ended up using the butane stove they keep in the balcony.
4. Because of this, we were forced to eat at the Pico Sands Hotel where the food was lousy and the prices not worth the food we were served. Yucks!
4. The rice cooker does not cook properly if you plug it in the kitchen outlets. We had to transfer the rice cooker in the living room and plugged it in the outlet at the back of the sofa.
5. There are very few channels on their cable. I guess they choose the lowest plan so watching TV really sucks.
What made up for everything is the gracious caretaker Laurie who answered all our queries and even tried to pacify us when we were at breaking point.
I stayed with my whole family, approximately 5 of us. We all had a place to sleep, the place was well kept, and it was well air conditioned!
The location is very secluded and we didn't venture out of the resort area. But, there was plenty to do. It was only a 3 minute walk to the beach and larger pool area where you can also get food, hike, play in the water, and less than a minute away the other direction was a smaller but still great pool, with plenty of seating and shade. There were always lifeguards on duty.
Some of the attractions were closed like the slide but that wasn't too bad. There's plenty to do other than that. A basketball court, ping pong, badminton, bowling, pool, and darts all located in the same area as the pool so we didn't have to go far for entertainment.
Overall a great place to stay!