“Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room Living room
bedroom
master bedroom
master bedroom
living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cathymatu...
Quezon City, Philippines
“The beach is great!”
Reviewed 10 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

The Pico de Loro beach is heaven! We enjoyed the beach so much that we plan to return again sometime this year. However, not in this condo as we found out that the amenities they say they have did not really exist.. There are a lot of things not working which somehow dampened our stay.
1. There is no aircon in the other bedroom. Those of us who were supposed to stay in the other bedroom (no aircon) had to bring out mattresses to the living room so we can have aircon. I had 2 sleepness nights on the sofar. This is a bummer.

2. There is no heater in the masters bedroom. Imagine lining up in the bathroom with heater in order to take a shower?

3. The stove top does not work properly. The stove automatically shuts off upon reaching a certain point, which does not do well if you're cooking. It took us about 1 hour to caramelize the onions! We ended up using the butane stove they keep in the balcony.

4. Because of this, we were forced to eat at the Pico Sands Hotel where the food was lousy and the prices not worth the food we were served. Yucks!

4. The rice cooker does not cook properly if you plug it in the kitchen outlets. We had to transfer the rice cooker in the living room and plugged it in the outlet at the back of the sofa.

5. There are very few channels on their cable. I guess they choose the lowest plan so watching TV really sucks.

What made up for everything is the gracious caretaker Laurie who answered all our queries and even tried to pacify us when we were at breaking point.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
13 Feb 2017
Dear Catherene,

Thank you for the feedback. It is indeed unfortunate to learn about your unpleasant experience, which I regret you had and wish you would contact me right away. As it's so unusual to get such feedback, I immediately reviewed what happen and here is my brief report:

1. As per my webpage information, there is no aircon in 2nd bedroom but ceiling fan which normally is quite sufficient. There are two powerful split air-conditioners in living room and 1st bedroom, which fully cover the whole unit's temperature at 24C or below. Considering quite cool weather nowadays we actually even use blanket and certainly not A/C.
2. Upon checking, the water heaters work well in both bathrooms. The only heater in kitchen has been pulled out for repair but will be installed again soon.
3. The electric build-in stove works well and has temperature control thus switches off and on automatically. Given your experience, I'll now provide a written user guide to make sure the instructions how to use the stove are clear. As you noted, for those who prefer gas rather than electric stove, I have also provided LPG stove with plenty of spare gas cans.
4. My kitchen appliances are branded: rice cooker, electric kettle, coffee maker, toaster, microwave are all in very good working condition. Probably, if you haven't plugged them right, they were not working properly.
5. Yes, my TV cable plan (Cignal) is a basic one, while for any additional channels you could order for extra charge, which is a normal practice.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your feedback and I wish you all the best.

Regards
Michele B
Castro Valley, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed with my whole family, approximately 5 of us. We all had a place to sleep, the place was well kept, and it was well air conditioned!

The location is very secluded and we didn't venture out of the resort area. But, there was plenty to do. It was only a 3 minute walk to the beach and larger pool area where you can also get food, hike, play in the water, and less than a minute away the other direction was a smaller but still great pool, with plenty of seating and shade. There were always lifeguards on duty.

Some of the attractions were closed like the slide but that wasn't too bad. There's plenty to do other than that. A basketball court, ping pong, badminton, bowling, pool, and darts all located in the same area as the pool so we didn't have to go far for entertainment.

Overall a great place to stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing