“The perfect place”

Cedar Rail Ranch Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thessalon
Cedar Rail Ranch Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Thessalon
Reviewed 26 February 2005

My mom first took me to the ranch when I was 6 years old. My brother was eight. We have been going ever since. I am now 13 and I still love it. Cathy is the best host and horse riding teacher. She has a special relationship with her pets and they are so fun to be around. The petting zoo is even fun. Its full of really cute babies. The trails are exciting going thru creeks, forests, and to a mountaintop. You never know whats ahead of you but your horse always does. Even being on them over 10 times there is always something new. My brother is always coming back to the cabin with fish or some exciting funny story about his hiking, like the time he saw twin cubs and got his rubbers stuck in the mud. We can't wait to go back.

4  Thank sylcar
A TripAdvisor Member
Bruce Mines, ON
Reviewed 1 August 2004

Cedar Rail Ranch Resort is located in the Mississagi River Valley about 20 minutes drive north of Thessalon, Ontario on the Lake Huron north shore. I have been on their 1 hour and two hour trail rides and have seen their accommodation for weekend and whole-week guests. Hosts Lynn and Cathy are warm and friendly, the horses are well-cared for and suited to riders abilities and the trails go through field, forest, up the "mountain" and along Tunnel Lake. The two hour trail ride even goes along the historic Hudson Bay furtraders Grand Portage Trail! I've been back several times and look forward to the day when we can rent the one of four cottages for a weekend or even a week and enjoy the sand-bottomed swimming hole, fishing, boating and canoeing on Tunnel Lake along with the trail rides. Quiet, secluded and relaxing - no highway traffic in the distance here! I highly recommend Cedar Rail Ranch to anyone who enjoys horses, horseback riding and nice trails.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Cedar Rail Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!