“Restful retreat by the ocean with lots of room...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
bar area
cool water after a hot day on the beach
secluded beach
beach entrance
beach rancho
Our out door rancho fully equiped kitchen and all around relaxing prime spot of the property.
Safe for children!
low tide
zancudo my son
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Alida F
Montreal, Canada
“Restful retreat by the ocean with lots of room for kids to play safely”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

Our family of 4 loved staying at Sue's place in Zancudo. Our kids aged 6 and 10 loved the pool and the tame ocean waves. The open air kitchen with view of the yard and ocean was lovely to hang out in in the mid day when it's too hot to be in the sun and we could watch over the kids in the pool while cooking just meters away. Many hammocks around the property where nice too. Sue was very kind and helpful, helping us out with anything we needed, from laundry to directions and first aid kit. The beach was nearly deserted and the sunsets over the Osa Peninsula breathtaking. It was a great place to unwind and hang out as a family. We look forward to visiting sometime in the future.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
22 May 2016
Hello, I am sorry I just now saw your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your visit. I heard from Rob and he really wants your contact information if you can send to my e-mail address. Thanks again come back!
Michalea...
“Our most favorite beach oasis”
Reviewed 3 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We could not have asked for a better place in Playa Zancudo, it exceeded our expectations in every way! The beach is out of this world and feels private. The pool was such a wonderful treat. The cabina was amazing, wifi was very strong. We loved the outdoor kitchen! Sue was the most welcoming host and made us feel like family. Two thumbs way way up! We will be back soon! :)

4 Nov 2015
Thanks, I am anxious to hear about the rest of your trip. Loved having you here. And look forward to seeing your family. Thanks again Sue
maldoeve
Costa Rica
“Paradise retreat away from everything!”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I loved it there. Sue is the perfect host! I echo what another family said, you feel like you are part of the family there. The cabin was very comfortable with a good size refrigerator, huge shower, TV with cable, A/C, the works!. Nice relaxing porch outside the cabin which I took full advantage to catch up on reading. My kids (twin boys 9yrs old) loved the pool. The beach felt almost like a private beach as we walked for about an hour and only ran into a couple running on the beach. There are well equipped supermarkets close by but no ATM so take cash! The outdoor kitchen was a joy to cook in and helps if you want to save money and not eat out but if you do there are some nice local restaurants. All in All great trip! Thanks Sue!!

Travelling group: Young Children
Michael L
Pontiac, Michigan
“An unforgettable wonderful month”
Reviewed 9 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We felt like guests or clients for about 20 minutes after arriving but beyond that it was more like family! Never before have we experienced such hospitality. We stayed for one month and loved every minute. Sue is the most down to earth and wonderful person one could ever meet!
The cabin we stayed in was very roomy, had a y flat screen TV with a zillion channels, Air conditioning, a very comfortable bed and a nice refrigerator with freezing compartment. The shower is wonderful. The whole interior of the cabin is finished like furniture with stained and varnished hardwood. At the foot of the steps there is a shower to wash off salt water and sand before going in to the cabin.
The huge "rancho" outdoor kitchen is absolutely the best feature we have ever encountered in our travels in the tropics. We spent much of our time sitting there in the shade with the gentle sea breeze just enjoying the scenery.
The beach is stunning in its magnitude and diverse wave/roller patterns. The beach closer to the point at the river mouth is calm and great for swimming. As one goes down the beach away from the point the surf is much stronger, great for surfing. Sunsets over the Osa peninsula are breathtaking. The whole 7 miles of beach are a drift wood collector's paradise. There is a 9-11 foot tide range and the beach at low tide is a great expanse of pure sand perfect for walking or jogging. High tide is impressive with the long Pacific swells crashing to shore in their endless regular pattern.
I spent a lot of time surf fishing with mediocre luck. I seldom got "skunked" but never caught anything big. I did have a wonderful time trying and loved the fact that I could just grab my rod and walk a couple hundred feet to fish. I did fish the river mouth several times. There I saw crocodiles and sea turtles, wonderful!
The town/village of Zancudo is a collection of many private residences, a few bars and several good restaurants, three grocery stores (2 of which also have hardware) and several hotel/cabin rental establishments. There is NOT a gas station in the town NOR a bank or ATM. All of the houses and businesses are intermingled and spread along the 3 or so mile spit of land between the river and the sea. There is a significant North American population, most of whom are in the "seasoned Citizen" age group. You do not need to speak Spanish at all and can do just fine in Zancudo.
Transportation is lacking. There is only one bus per day from and to Zancudo. In order to get to Golfito it is necessary to transfer from it to another. A non-Spanish speaker may have difficulty dealing with the bus. There is a water taxi which goes to Golfito every morning and returns to Zancudo every afternoon. To get around in Zancudo there is sort of a taxi service, but it seems you need access to a phone to call one. We never used a taxi and really never needed to. There are very few bikes available to rent. In short if you are the traveler who likes going out regularly for entertainment and constantly seeking new and different things to see and do, Zancudo probably is not the best place for you to vacation. If, however you enjoy quiet relaxation, great swimming, spectacular scenery, good company and fun conversation make a reservation with Sue, it will be a highlight in your life!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The beach and the Rancho kitchen area
Liked least: Lack of public transport and the rough dirt roads (non of which is a reflection on the property or owner)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Mar 2015
Mike and Sally, I am honored by your lovely words and also feel so much that you are family now and will wait for your return. It was hard to be alone here after you all left and I know we will be in touch and hear all about your lovely family in the future days. My only regret is you never got the big one! Every one here says hello! Thanks so much for all your help and Sally I did get the tupper ware cabinet organized!!! lol Love always Sue.
Ralph M
Alexandria, Minnesota
“What a secluded Beach & just the getaway I was looking for!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Finding a vacation spot where the seclusion is most valued is a challenge. This qualified as one of the most beautiful beaches with 7+ miles for walking & exploring. Few people, beautiful sunsets and great hosts. The cabin was clean, comfortable and the rich Cristovo wood beautiful!
To sit under the palm & almond trees, reading, talking, napping as the breeze passed by makes for the most pleasant afternoons. The nightly beauty of the sunset & the bright stars make memories worth returning to enjoy!

Sue and Carlos were so kind, gracious, and thoughtful! Thank you for a wonderful time!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Secluded beach, clean facilities, and gracious hosts!
Liked least: Humidity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Apr 2014
Thanks so much Ralph and Connie I loved having you here and I am so happy you found the tranquil place that you both had requested, We look forward to your returning again. I hope you had a good trip back and thanks so much for being a part of Latitude 8 family.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing