1,227 results
All reviews conference hotel housing estate leisure facilities steam room restaurant manager good size pool and sauna groupon deal buffet style bar prices night break quiet location modern hotel course meal bed and breakfast reception staff breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a large, modern building in lots of grounds. It has no atmosphere whatsoever. It clearly caters for the conference market and appears to have no interest in others foolish enough to book in. The public rooms are large and dull, the restaurant is barely adequate- food was served cold.
The rooms are ok and (a positive) the swimming pool gym and spa are excellent. There was however no Hairdryer in the room. When I phoned reception I was interrogated about had I looked properly in the (3) drawers. I was promised one immediately. 25 mins, a further phone call and a visit to reception later it arrived. The manager delivering proceeded to look in every drawer as he couldn’t believe there wasn’t one! As someone who spends a couple of nights a week in a hotel I really am capable of spotting one! This was rude.

Next morning I rang reception to find out about breakfast and held on for 5 mins with no answer. I gave up. When I reached reception there were 15 or so people waiting to check into events and only a single receptionist. Other staff were wandering around aimlessly. The preceding afternoon (with no guests ) there were 3 receptionists. Finally one of the bar staff attempted to give £2 change as 5p coins.

It felt as though most people visiting are there on conferences and they really don’t care what individual customers think. Quite unacceptable - if they are prepared to take our money then they should provide service. It was not cheap.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Gill M
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Stayed for one night for a function. pros and cons

Pros) Good wifi, Plenty of parking, clean room. check in quick and easy.

Cons) only one towel in the room, lighting is appealing so dark,Shower mat smelled of mould, Breakfast uncooked sausages and fried eggs that where all broken gobsmacked that they would even put them out. Booking out one of the girls was wearing a plain white t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

I certainly would not book into here again unless i had no other choice.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peteranthonykidd
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I live locally and decided I need to join a gym to get fit etc and looked at various gyms in the area before joining Alexandra Park Leisure Club. I am very glad I did as the atmosphere is very friendly as Tara and Diane are very welcoming and helpful. When I joined I wanted to concentrate on working on certain parts of me wasn’t sure about which equipment and exercise would best suit me so I talked with Tara about what I wanted to do and Tara’s help and advice was superb. I find when I go to the gym I can always get on the equipment I want without having to wait ages to use it which I like and then after a workout I wind down in the Sauna, Steam Room and then the Spa Pool which is kept very clean and is lovely. Overall I highly recommend Alexandra Park Leisure Club it has everything I need Tara and Diane are very hard working and a credit to the Leisure club keep up the good work.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Damian L
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Just wanted to say Tara and Diane are a real credit to the Leisure Club.
Always friendly and positive which makes a real difference to your stay, ensuring you have a great experience with a 5 star approach on every visit.

We've stayed as guests and used the facilities over the last 2 years.
Rup and Meesh

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 137fran1975
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Have stayed a few times as a last resort never again. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and it has no character, you will see that from the reception. On a plus the room is clean and comfortable although the shower was hot, cold, hot, cold!

What really let this place down was the food. £20 for four battered prawns and hunters chicken and chips. The chips were triple cooked, more like cooked ten times and injected with cooking oil and the hunters chicken had no sauce, it was terrible.

Then for breakfast you had the usual precooked cold buffet but the funny thing was you had a large spoon for the bacon, sausages and hash browns with tongs for the scrambled egg. Really!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business