“Dated but comfortable!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a night in October.

Easy to find with a huge car park. Received a warm friendly welcome and swiftly checked in.

The hotel is in need of a redecoration and the brown painted doors and painted concrete walls just look dated when compared to modern hotels.

However the room was very well appointed with huge comfortable bed, sofa, bathroom (ok shower) and separate toilet room. TV, iron, kettle for hot drinks and free Wi-fi.

Even with its location next to the motorway, no noise got into the bedrooms.

I didn’t eat at the hotel, so can’t comment on that or the gym.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Max P, Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manchester West.

I am pleased to say the hotel is scheduled to be fully refurbished over the next few months

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is situated in a pleasant location with grounds that are well looked after and a children’s play area.

We were in a standard room and a lot different from the room we had at the Central Hotel. The television is standard size – but ok. There is no hairdryer in the room which I consider should be a standard issue. The bathroom was clean and functional with a good pressure shower.

Unfortunately we found the mattress to be very hard and we ended up pulling out the settee bed to sleep on – which was only marginally better really. Also there was a wedding party who thought it funny to knock on windows at 2am in the morning – we did complain.

The breakfast buffet was good – better than their central branch. We also ate in the restaurant before going out in the evening and the food arrived quickly and was enjoyable. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No hairdryer in the room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We had an issue with our hair dryers so we had to remove them for all rooms and currently new hair dryers being installed into bedrooms

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

myself and my parter booked a superior room with this hotel to stop on the 7.10,17 the room was booked under my partners name and with his email address,
on check in it took ages for the guy on the reception to find us on the system because the name hadn’t been booked correctly they had part of his email address down as his surname great start..!!
We came down to our room which I have to say after just paying £95 wasn’t pleasant at all, it smelt musky and didn’t smell clean like we had just been thrown into something because there was nowhere else to put us, if I had put the back seats of my car down and used my duvet I wouldn’t have had a better stay and I still had to go for my night out and come back to stay in this horrible room the cups hadn’t been cleaned we had no tea, coffee, sugar or milk In our room, the blankets are shocking all we wanted to do was get our head down and have a cuppa before it night out that didn't happen..
I rang reception and asked for the condiments to be brought to our room as there was non at all and she said you will have to come down for them as she was to busy to bring them to us and room service would be charged at £3 for her to bring them.. DONT THINK SO there was non in the room to begin with I waiting an hour still not received them, in this hour I tried to get a kip not a chance we had pounding music and and people running up and down the corridor screaming and shouting we wasn’t advised by the hotel on booking that it may be noisy due to have a wedding a on..
After waiting and hour I rang reception 5 times to get the same lady on the phone and asked why she hadn’t been up, her reply was I’ve been twice why don’t you answer the door might I add I waited and no-one came.. so she finally came to the room with a stinking bad attitude gave me the condiments, I said please just look at this cup which was all stained and hadn’t been washed tell me after paying £95 is that acceptable her reply was it’s only a stained cup.. her attitude stinks and I hope she doesn’t speak to all your customers like, and as a customer that has never stayed here before I have to say her customer service is ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING..!! I asked for the manager and was shocked to find that there was no manager or supervisor on site.. especially when they had a big function on I will definitely not be stopping again
And would advise anyone thinking of booking this hotel to think twice

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Manchester West. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02079020800 if you wish to discuss this matter in further details.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed here for a couple of nights as working in the area, the hotel is comfortable, the rooms are a bit tired, my room was cold evening with the heating on full, did not eat in the restaurant but breakfast was nice, overpriced for what you get, Premier Inn offers a better experience... overall a satisfactory say and ok if you need a base to head into Manchester

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to say the hotel is scheduled to be fully refurbished over the coming months.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The hotel is easy enough to get to and parking is convenient . I booked a king room and was travelling as a single traveller .by the time I checked in and went to my room at 10:30 pm I was exhausted . When I opened the door I find that it's a twin bedded room. I have slept in twin beds before and it's not been a problem, but these twin beds are TINY so I had to go down to reception again to change my room, at 10:30pm. The reception staff were accommodating and changed my room, however why did I have to be inconvenienced at this hour? The shower is good, though what impressed me were the organic and fair trade amenities and the non bleached towels and sheets. In my mind, I was thinking "this should become one of my preferred brands to stay with"(I stay between 1- 2 nights a week in hotels across UK with my job) and this was in spite of the inconvenience caused earlier. I was then further impressed with a 'breakfast in your room card' since I booked a £13.50 breakfast online and the breakfast card said the price was £13.50 AND it did not mention a tray charge I ordered my breakfast . I planned my morning in accordance to this so I could get some work done in my room before I hit the road again. I received a call then from room service saying that there is a tray charge. When I said it was not mentioned on the breakfast order card, I was told quiet assertively yo make sure I pay for the tray charge at check out. I did say, I am not to happy about this to which I just got a blank... you have to pay. Since I couldn't be bothered encouraging that conversation further I said that's fine. But when I reflected on this I realised that I was not at fault yet I was made to feel like it's my problem. Like I said I stay in hotels all the time so ofcourse you have good and bad stays, but this I particular will leave an impression because I was contemplating switching from intercontinentals to Accor and the way my morning started, just did not convince me that eco friendly makes up for an angry start to my day.

Room Tip: Double check everything you booked for
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Max P, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay.
I make sure that your comments, good or bad, are passed on to the team.
Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
0.7 km away
2.4 km away
Hello Hotel Manchester
Hello Hotel Manchester
#1 of 2 in Swinton

Been to Novotel Manchester West? Share your experiences!