“Excellent as usual”
Review of Au Matin Calme

Au Matin Calme
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

It is now the fourth time I have been there and it was again delicious, fresh. We really had a great time there, this time on the sunny terrace. The wines are also very good, and very reasonnably priced. The hostess and the cook are very nice people.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Just come back from lunch at Au Matin Calme after reading a review saying "worth a detour" and that's just what it was.

We ate the most delicious nems with a lovely (not over sweet) chilli dipping sauce. Then prawn tempura with a soy sauce - absolutely delicious!

We asked the chef to choose two main courses for us. One was beef cooked with vegetables and chilli. Fresh, clean, hint of pineapply sweetness in the background. The second was oork cooked with a chilli paste. Equally delicious, but so different. Thicker and deeper. We thought we tasted peanuts but it must have been bean paste...

We also ordered kimchee which is also home made, nutritious and delicious.

Finally we were given a taste of the home made bean curd (which we would probsbly never have ordered as we tend to find it quite bland) but it was truly delicious.

You ask a really strange question "is this one of the best meals you have ever had in a restaurant?". This is not Le Gavroche, the Torre del Remei or El Celler de Can Roca, but actually, yes, it was!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

We had seen Au Matin Calme's entry on TripAdvisor and resolved to visit sometime. Finally, today we got there just in time to eat.

We had the most beautifully balanced flavours, freshly cooked with lovely ingredients.

This restaurant is in a camp site, the idea of which may put you off, but don't let it. The surroundings are wonderful and add to the experience.

My tip is to phone ahead and let them know you are coming - it helps them with planning (it is a small restaurant) and you will not leave disappointed.

We are now planning to work our way through the whole menu, bit by bit!

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

The place is hidden on a camping ground.It took a while to find it, but was defenitly worth it.The food is incredibly good and healthy.The staff is friendly and we felt very welcome (with a baby).

Reviewed 2 April 2015

Disclaimer - My sister and her Husband own and run this place. It's a two people operation, a true family business.

I live in Boston and visit my family once or twice a year if I can. Me and my wife eat at "Au Matin Calme" as many times as we can. We live in Boston, USA - The Korean community is huge here and I have tried lot's of Korean restaurants very few were as good and charming as "Au Matin Calme" - Moreover, the view is fantastic.

I am proud of my sister and her husband. They have done what few people could have done or even try to do - After living for a few years in Australia, my sister Karine and her husband Lee moved back to my hometown, had a son and opened a family own Restaurant. It's a great success story, they are great people and the food is delicious ! If you are within 50 mil of their restaurant, you should make the detour and try their dishes. My sister will tell you all you want to know about the origin of the dishes, the story of her family and business. She creates a personal experience that many people (including on TripAdvisor) talk about!

Bravo to her and her hubby!