Matakana Motel(Matakana)(Great Value!)
Sugarloaf Lodge(Matakana)
Quail Lodge(Matakana)
Plume Villas(Matakana)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe rivergas fireconference roomgrape vinesconference venuetennis courtsminute drivemain bedroomliving areaswimming poolroom layoutwashing machine and dryerfully equipped kitchencomfortable bedssaturday morningnice deckwedding guests
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Fabulous, well appointed, tastefully decorated villas in a beautiful vineyard setting. Kids loved the pool, tennis court and spacious grassy areas. Other times they have enjoyed the kayaks and fishing. In the evening, it's so cosy having a gas fire and during the day there is a great indoor outdoor flow. It's unique and an absolute favourite place for us to holiday. All less than an hours drive from Auckland! All the staff are obliging and helpful and I can't rate this place highly enough, it's a real gem.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Great place. Excellent service. Layout would be great for families or groups. A few very minor finishing touches that would be nice for travellers; accessible power points in bedrooms, rubbish bins in kitchens and bedside reading lamps (please)!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2016

We needed to find a place to stay for the night and looked online and saw this place, when we arrived we were thrilled with the location and the warm welcome we received the Bachs were really nice and clean and really spacious we wished we had found this place before. We will definitely return. would highly reccomend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this accommodation online when we didn't have a booking for the following night. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and had an amazing view of the vineyards and the river. Our sumptuous prawn and salad dinner was perfect on the outdoor deck!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We booked the accommodationfor three nights in January (we were in Auckland for a wedding). This is a very tricky one as I cannot quite make up my mind about what I think.

Our first slight dissapointment when we arrived was the gravel roads. The roads to the cabins (?) are gravel and very narrow and I certainly would not like to venture out late at night. I can understand it is in keeping with the setting - however I think it detracts from the five star award. Secondly, we thought we were getting river views and got views of trees instead. I was quite specific about the view when I booked so not sure if this is the best they have or perhaps it got lost in translation.

It was extremely hot while we were up in Auckland and the unit was swelteringly hot. There was no fan. Plenty of heating appliances but not a single fan. We called to enquire and were told they are not supplied. No ceiling fan and no floor fan. Insane to say the least.

Our neighbouring guests were very noisy every night (we were given an apology for it but that does not change the fact that we were kept up for most of the night).

The price - expensive. Quite far to drive for basics and the traffic is manic in peak season. Would I give it a five star.....difficult to say but I would lean towards a gentle no.

Room Tip: Double check that your specific requests are met.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family