All reviews black cat soda bread belleek pottery working farm lough erne excellent location well worth a visit caldwell hosts lake scenery bedroom
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Imagine you're a young child again and you're on a trip to your favourite relatives house, the house you love to stay at because it is huge, filled with homely features and family photographs that make you feel like you're at your own home. You also love to come and stay here because you get the best breakfast you'll remember for the rest of your life, even just the smell of anything like it will propel you right back to your childhood, staying at this house you called your second home all your young life.

It's next to a grand sized lake where you could fish if you want to, there are many hours of fresh country side walks all around and (quite conveniently) the nearest town is 5 mins drive down the road.

Well that is what it was like for me staying here with my own young family and our dog (yes they are a dog friendly establishment!)

My wife and our children stayed here for two nights the month before we all came back, (this was for her mother's birthday celebration and I could not make the engagement due to work commitments).

She told me how lovely the place was and how lovely the people that owned it were. I was looking forward to the visit, mainly due to the fact we could bring our dog and that it already had my wife's seal of approval.

However, as I told my wife a few time on the trip, she really undersold it to me, I fell in love with this place from the moment we were greeted getting out of the car!

I didn't taken any photos on this trip, but we have already booked another three night stay this October and I shall take some then.

The room - Immaculately clean and very welcoming, the beds were among the comfiest I've slept in when it comes to hotels / B&B's (Including the Ritz London)

Bathroom facilities - again flawless.

Tv's worked with no problems (which can be a rarity lol) although that's not the reason we stay away, bring a board game or two folks!

The Breakfast - Although I was on a medical fast at this time, I can tell you if you love a FULL Irish breakfast, you will not be disappointed. There are a selection of cereals and fruits and breads also. Bridie (the Lady of the manor) is very accommodating to dietary requirements as I myself am Vegan and she has assured me the next time I'm here she will meet my needs when it come to breakfast, which was a delight to hear.

There is some construction going on at the site at this moment (July 2018). However to me this a a very positive thing, you see, as it stands the place is already beautifully finished, welcoming and warm with heart and soul oozing from the very walls, but the very fact they are still extending and have great plans for future events shows a zeal and a want for more incredible things to come, I love seeing this, you know there are more good things yet to come!

I don't quite know how to describe the people, other than, well ... family, I know this comes across really strange, but us Irish folk really are the friendliest in the world (in my humble opinion) and we all get on the very best, but as soon as we unpacked the car I really did feel like I had met these folk before, there was just such a familiarity bout them. Bridie the "Mother" of the family was so helpful and polite and always happy to advise on where to walk and to eat at night etc If we needed anything it was no trouble at all. The staff are the family, who again are most helpful polite and lovely! I really can't say enough about how lovely these people are.

We look forward to our next stay and as I started this review, I really do feel the more we frequent this place (and we will, I'll tell ya that!) the more this will feel like visiting one our favourite relatives place.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Set on a working farm and lots of new building taking place but the room, staff,and excellent food made up for all of that. Great location. Really friendly and cosy atmosphere. The owners also own/run pub restaurant in the village. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2018

If you want to get away from it all, I highly recommend Dulrush Fishing Lodge set in the verdant, peaceful countryside of Fermanagh. My husband and I took an impromptu overnight break in this beautiful house which is 8 minutes drive from Belleek Village, home of Belleek Pottery Visitors Centre, which is well worth a visit.

Our room had a gorgeous view and was very comfortable with thoughtful touches to add to the character. The spacious lounge on the ground floor has a big, soft cushioned sofa, providing a place to relax, read up on and plan trips to the surrounding area, through the various information leaflets provided.

We had a warm welcome at breakfast by Bridie, the owner, and we were offered a choice of cooked breakfasts which were delicious and set us up for the day! Bridie also has a bar/restaurant in Belleek "The Black Cat Cove" where we enjoyed, another delicious, evening meal served by staff, who despite being very busy, maintained a warm, friendly,welcoming attitude.

It was a real treat to stay in this gem of a place and we hope to return for a longer break at some point.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I led a group of 13 friends & family on an Ireland trip in early September, 2017. We spent two nights at Dulrush Fishing Lodge as we explored Belleek, Enniskillen, and the Lough Erne area. We could not have been treated nicer or friendlier. Bridie and her family made us feel like old friends come for a visit! Their lodge is very homey and comfortable along with the grounds and gardens. They also own the Black Cat Pub in Belleek and they furnished us transport to and from so we could eat, drink, and have great "craic"! Our group especially enjoyed visiting Castle Caldwell Forest park, just northeast of Dulrush. My only regret is we didn't include a fishing adventure while we stayed there!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rabbitgumbo
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This was recommended by our waitress when we stopped for dinner. I then found it on Booking.com, much cheaper, but booked in person instead. Always check the pricing! The room itself was lovely, and the breakfast was more than enough. Lesson learned!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple