1,280 results
All reviews the owner private room air con place to stay bed dorm sand dunes tour young people great atmosphere the bus nice pool clean rooms swimming pool pool table amazing place fairy stream john backpackers
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The bed was comfortable and the rooms spacios and very clean. Also the toilet.
Swimmingpool is nice and the bar have reasonable prices.
Vietnamese staff was always super kind and resolutive (foreigner staff not exactly the same).
Music is outloud at certain hours (specially morning when everyone wants to chill).
The location is good for going out and nearby lots of restaurants. The beach where you can swim is far away.
The Sand Dunes Tour was nice itself and reasonable price, but we were sitting 10 people in a 7 people car, be sure before paying what car and how many people will you travel with.
Lack of privacy on beds.

Room Tip: Better 4 than 6 people room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This has been the best hostel I’ve ever been to in South East asia! It’s clean and they have everything you need. Pool, food, party, close to the beach, tours you name it! The vibe is so cool during the day, everybody chilin by the amazing pool with a beer in their hands. Playing volleyboll and sunbathing. I eat all my meals at the hostel and it was allways good!
At night it was more party vibe with different activities every night and we got free shots! Easy to get to know other travellers. The staff helped us to other bars when the hostel bar closed. It was great that the bar closed at 12. Because if you are tired u can go to bed and it Will be no noise. The guys in the reception helped me with booking tours and buses, very helpful and polite.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Best hostel ever!! Fresh dorms, good food and a fantastic atmosphere. Specially the staff, amazing people. If you are in Mui Ne, this is the only option. And ofc good pardey and drinks. 2 for 1? Dream

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This place has everything!
When you arrive to the hostel the girls in the reception gives you a really nice and smooth service and they helped us with everything! They’re so kind and helpful! Then we got to see the hostel and we just loved it! The pool, the atmosphere, really nice music, people playing volleyball.
We just didn’t want to leave this place. It’s the best hostel i’ve been to in South Asia.
Great food, amazing pool, lovely staff and fun activities every night!
I will recommend this hostel to all my friends and other travelers.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have been travelling many times for many months and have never written a bad review of a hostel.

However, my experience here was let down by possibly the rudest staff I have experienced, especially at reception.

Their attitude is extremely unhelpful and poor. We got there early and the woman at the desk just said 'check in isn't till 1', no mention of if we could give our bags, no checking if the room was available first or making suggestions on where we could wait. This continued throughout our stay. I have to point out that one receptionist called Sophie was very nice and helpful but the rest were rude. Any questions we asked were met with rude responses or looks passed between them. Having spoken to other guests I have learnt that I am definitely not the only one with this opinion, and other reviews seem to show that as well, with a common trend being rude staff at this hostel

Despite the pool being nice and the vibe of the hostel being fun, for us it ruined our stay to be treated like that, and if other friends pass through mui ne we will be telling them not to stay at this hostel.

The positives of the hostel are that there is a nice pool and fun vibe like I said, and it's next to the beach with a good location. The rooms are basic but we had no issue with that at all, it was fine for the price and the bed is made every day, and toilet roll refreshed etc

Stayed: March 2018
John J, Owner at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi Lucy,
Thank you for writing a review and thank you for your positive comments. Training staff is a huge issue in a place like Mui Ne, until recently there was a lack of education. Not to make excuses, but one must also understand Vietnamese culture. Vietnamese people in general are stony faced at most times especially when they have a situation where they may not understand your question or what you are saying. I have lived here for many years and have seen similar problems in other accommodations from 5 star hotels to hostels. It would be extremely helpful if maybe you could have asked to speak to a manager or spoken to Sophie about your feelings. In fact if you would contact me directly on the hostel email it would be much appreciated and indicate the integrity of your post.
Kind Regards,