All reviews red sand dunes every morning noise waves sunbeds facilities mosquitoes motorbike beach pool
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We had a wonderful time in Nam Chau. We enjoyed being in tropical garden and on sunny beach at one time. That is how You feel in this resort. Its tremendous garden is as green as it can be. Beach is laid back and always spacy.

Staff always friendly and with a smile on their faces. Always. Food of vietnamese type and tasty.

Rooms are space and comfortable. Clean. Very clean.

All in all, it is a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I have no idea how this resort has an average 4/5 stars.

The decor is in serious need of updating and the rooms are scruffy and downright dirty. Our bed sheets had holes in them and our pillow cases were stained (see photos). The mattresses are about 5cm thick and after three nights my back ached from sleeping on them - I've had better and more peaceful sleeps on Vietnam's sleeper trains.

On our second morning, the staff came to clean our rooms and change our bed sheets BEFORE 9am - breakfast hadn't even finished and we were still in bed. Sadly, when they did change our sheets they replaced them with more stained pillowcases and ripped covers.

The bathroom was awful - the toilet seat was filthy (also see photos) and the tap was in a constant state of dripping when turned off and made an awful, screeching sound when turned on.

The wifi is only available in public areas but even in these, you'll struggle to do anything significant - I struggled to even send some photos via Facebook Messenger.

The only saving graces of the whole stay were the small section of private beach and the restaurant which surprisingly produced some lovely food. The staff here were also very friendly and much more hospitable than the reception staff.

Yes, the resort is cheap but after three weeks travelling through Vietnam I've stayed in places for the same price that are far, far better than this resort. I would not recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
SteveMuiNe_Vietnam, Business Development Manager at Nam Chau Boutique Resort - Mui Ne Passion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments about the food in our restaurant. We are sorry that your experience was not quite as good as you would have liked.

I think that you misunderstand the ratings on trip advisor. They are not classification ratings or government star ratings, but rather popularity ratings. For example, our four star rating on trip advisor means that the majority of our guests think that their experience at our resort is very good, which is why we have four stars. Our Vietnamese government rating is two stars, even though we have the facilities and services generally associated with a three star resort. The reason that the prices of our beds in shared accommodations and our rooms and bungalows are quite reasonable, is because of our two star rating. Therefore, most guests don't come to the Nam Chau expecting the quality and services of a four star resort, as you evidently did. Rather, they come expecting the facilities of a two star resort and are usually pleasantly surprised by our beautiful tropical gardens, the wide sandy beach and the activities that we offer throughout the year.

That said, regardless of the star rating, our sheets, pillow cases and bathrooms should be clean and without holes, rust or stains. For that, we sincerely apologize. Your comments have resulted in a thorough inspection of all of our bathrooms and linen. We will immediately replace any torn or stained linen as soon as possible. Our maintenance and housekeeping teams have been instructed to make sure that all our bathroom facilities either are treated for the rust that is evident in your photograph, or the pipes that cannot be made thoroughly rust-free are replaced. We will also work with our housekeeping staff and train them to pay more attention to detail and to report any stains, torn linen or dripping faucets so that they can be replaced or repaired.

As for the decor, we advertise that our resort is rustic and uses natural materials like bamboo and thatched roofs in the construction. Many of our guests are aware of this style and often book the resort because of it. If one wishes a more modern decor that does not use natural tropical materials, we recommend our sister resort; the Pandanus, which is adjacent to the Nam Chau and is rated four stars by the government.

We have often sold out during the summer months. When groups arrive at check-in time and most of our rooms were occupied the night before, our housekeeping staff must begin cleaning the rooms in the morning so that they are all ready for arrivals in the early afternoon. As sunrise is at 05:30, it is rare for any guests to still be in bed or even in their rooms at 09:00. We do apologize, however, if it was an inconvenience when our housekeepers knocked on your door and you were still in bed.

Regarding the wifi, we do not receive this type of complaint often as most guests do not seem to have experienced the same problems that you reported. I'm sorry, however, if you were not able to download items as quickly as you would have liked.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Nam Chau is perfect getaway from chaos. Secluded at the same time it's not far away from market. One side they have access to hit the road and other side blue ocean.

I love the natural feel they gave to the place. Thatched roofs and recycled products are best. You can feel comfort and cozy. Idea of reusing plastic in the resort is something nice!

I enjoyed yoga classes and beach volleyball with other people in the resort. When tired pool and hammocks are cool, however I preferred green garden.

Motorbikes, cycles, local transportation everything is almost right opposite or next by.

But if you want to stay in the market this is not the place.

There Wi-Fi is not reachable to all the places within the resort but I think you don't need it much when you are on a holiday, so it's okay.

I loved their ambience and hospitality. It's secure and safe.

Overall if you want be away from the noise and traffic and want to enjoy the sound of blissful soothing waves, lovely walks and sunsets on beach it's the best.

* I don't have many pictures as I was away from technology to embrace nature.

Have fun.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful huts spread out in lush greenery. Lots of flowers and trees.

They have all the facilities you could ask for : swimming pool, beach restaurant and bar, clean and tidy rooms, laundry and other facilities.
And the best part is that it has its own beautiful beach where you can relax on the sunbeds and go for long walks.

The staff is very friendly and it gives you a home like feeling. They serve complementary breakfast and their food is really nice.

Huts are air-conditioned with big beds, hot water shower, mosquito nets and toiletries.

During our stay they we were doing free drop in yoga classes every morning and afternoon.

As we have visited during off-season we could not enjoy water sports and kite surfing.

The red send dunes, bike rental, local coffee shops and the market area is just walking distance.

Relaxing natural stay right on the beach which is convenient, peaceful and within your budget.
Amazing experience and would definitely visit again.

All in all, great value for money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I loved my stay at Nam Chau! It is a beautiful resort. The rooms are lovely, the resort is right on the beach and the food at the restaurant was really good! The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. I didn’t want to leave. I would definitely recommend Nam Chau to other travelers, it’s worth a visit!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo