All reviews dive master great diving between dives diving experience reef sharks marine life housekeeping staff hot shower nice pool washing machine f b spacious room night dive white tip sharks napoleon wrasse hammer head white tips
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Too much love this island this is my return since 2012-2017 every single year
Spot hammerhead and wonderful coral marine life here
Very peaceful and quiet island
meal was awesome come with 5meal per day

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 900tomn
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I've been in Layaag Layang last May, during hammerhead sensor. It's a simple and honest 3 star resort with friendly staff and plenty of food, often with too much coconut milk and lemongrass for my european palate but who needs Michelin stars with this exquisite diving? Great reefs with lovely corals, plenty of fish, mantas, white-tips, grey reef Sharks and the jewell in the crown, those astounding hammaerhead schools, one in a lifetime experience! Every dive was amazing and I'm rather demanding as I've been diving for almost 20 years all around the world. A special thanks to our excellent divemaster, Ciryl, for making this experience even better. Worth every one of the 36 hours travelling to get there!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank FarAway715037
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I was a return visitor to Layang Layang having been last year and giving the resort a five star rave review but am certainly unable to repeat such a positive review this year
So let's start with the positives
The Staff are absolutely fantastic and will greet you every morning with a smile, however if you don't find out there names and tell them yours then you can't fell hard done by for the relationship never to exceed " Good morning Sir " take the time to get to know them and it'll greatly enhance your experience.
The food and it's presentation I thought was excellent and varied with something for every one.
The diving was hit and miss this year and certainly wouldn't stand up to my experiences last year but then you roll the dice and take your chances, I was there solely for Hammer encounters but water was warm and sightings were few, at a distance and fleeting. The reef itself isn't great and whilst the walls can be good with reef shark and manta sightings, if your going for Hammers you've got to be in the blue !!!
The resort is still a hospitality industry and it is in this regard that the Management fails spectacularly, I can put up with cockroaches in the bathroom ( you are after all on an island in the middle of the Indian ocean ) but considering we booked 4 months in advance and had to pay nearly two months in advance I didn't think it very professional for the resort to run out of beer pre dinner on the second night ! and wasn't st all impressed on asking to speak to the manager ( who was never seen other than at meal times, where he not once asked anyone how things were or if they required anything, I was under the impression this was a hospitality industry ) we were informed he would speak to us when he finished eating ! once in attendance he simply said " sorry we are out of beer " when asked why it didn't come on the half empty flight we were on ? he informed us that it was a logistical issue as there were more than 30 passagers on board ( I would suggest he try an transport two sets of diving equipment through 3 different countries on 4 flights and he would appreciate logistics ) after being inform by a number of people that complaints would be made, 2 slabs of beer appeared in a miracle befitting biblical times, it was the staffs beer apparently (surprisingly they didn't how anything about it when asked ) 3 days later when the next flight landed with 12 persons on board ( not the logistical problem of 30 ) this "manager" had on board one slab of beer ! 24 cans of beer for over 30 people, the majority of who would be Leaving on on the next flight.
When the island was restocked a further 3 days later the "manager" offered to buy 3 of us ( one of which had drank wine thus far ) A beer !! at a cost to him of circa $3, I paid for my own.
For this situation to develop considering the pre notice he has of guest arrivals displays ineptitude but his total disregard for the situation once it had occurred displayed a level of unprofessionalism and disregard for his Clients, most of whom who like me had travelled a long way and spent a lot of money to be treated like we didn't matter.
I was far from the only person leaving Layang Layang to voice the opinion that they wouldn't return.
So in conclusion if you've been before, seen shark and had a good experience don't return it really does feel like the island is being run down by the management

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank James O
Lawrence L, General Manager at Layang Layang Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear James,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for running out of beer as there was a delay in our supply.

I have taken note of your comments and regret that the ineptitude behaviour towards guest by our manager.

We value your support for returning to Layang Layang and will address this matter immediately to avoid such recurrence.

We will constantly improve ourselves to better enhance the experience of our guest and once again please accept our sincere apologies.

Thank you.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This is the best diving trip i have been on. Our instructors, Roy and Amanda, are very attentive and friendly. The resort is very clean and spacious. The food quality and services are quite high. Most of the dive sites are unique. You will seldom find it bored.
Thumbs up for Avillion Layang Layang and its staff.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jantiman
Lawrence L, General Manager at Layang Layang Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback and i am glad to hear you have enjoyed yourself.

Hope to see you again.

Regards
LLee

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The remote & unique resort is an absolute paradise for divers. Though a bit old but has all the basic things for a comfy stay -- clean & comfy bed, fully functioning bathroom, nice F&B, and superb staff .

DMs & boatman are very experienced with safety in mind, helpful in every aspect. It's reef are so amazingly beautiful and full of life, from pelagic to macro.

Truly an unique get away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends