All reviews west cork leisure centre lovely hotel kids club bar menu sea view wedding reception bit dated wild atlantic way wedding venue last weekend family break hotel is situated from start to finish both nights top class following morning
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Having done family breaks before I was under no illusions! This is what I always hoped a family break would be...kids club for the smallies, amazing (& genuine top notch!) food, relaxed atmosphere, timely, friendly service & general good vibe. Thank you to all the hard work team for making this a break to remember.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GMCRH, General Manager at Celtic Ross Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear HappyKaren2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Delighted that you we made your family break one to remember! I have passed on all your lovely feedback to the team and we hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Celtic Ross Hotel on the 23rd of October.
From our arrival at reception we felt a very warm welcome, from the reception staff as well as the outstanding staff in the restaurant.
We had an evening meal and the food was excellent ( complements to the Chef ). Our room was very spacious, and like the bathroom, exceptionally clean,(complements to the house keeping staff ).
We would like to thank all the staff for making our stay one to remember, for all the right reasons. They are a credit to their profession, West Cork, and they make the Celtic Ross a friendly welcoming hotel.
Do we recommend it. Yes
Will we be back. Yes.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Derrymc55

Sincere thanks for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read all your lovely comments and have proudly shared them with all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

3 ladies on the way back from Skibbereen decided we stopped oh here for bar food. We took a seat & waited for someone to service us. 20 minutes later I went to the bar & asked for menus & I asked if someone would come & take our ordered once we had seen the menu. I was told” well it depends who is on the floor as we don’t have many staff on so if nobody comes down to you, you can come up to the bar to order??? As we were all quiet hungry & had a 2 hour drive left to do I would have walked out straight away. I did see 2 other couples who did walk out because of lack of service. Eventually I did have to go to bar & order. Bar menu was very limited. Food that we did get 40 minutes later was definitely NOT worth waiting for or paying for. I definitely wouldn’t recommend the food or terrible service. Won’t be back anytime soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Buddylove77
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I was with a large tour group but did not take any of their tours as far too tiring. I had arranged an upgraded room with great peaceful view overlooking the water.(well worth it) I had leisurely breakfasts at 9.30 (best poached eggs ever but would have preferred better quality of orange juice and more fruit)
I took the local buses to nearby towns. Lovely staff from the hotel ran me up the long steep hill to the bus stops in the square. Without exception all the staff were most friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I ate with the group in the evening. The meals were very good considering It was a group of 50. I could not eat certain foods and they would always willingly make an alternative for me.
The hotel suggested a great local taxi driver who took me around the area one day for a very reasonable charge.
The location is a bird watchers paradise. Wish you could maybe rent binoculars.
Thanks to Margaret, Sophia and all the staff for just my kind of holiday.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Lots of walks from the hotel + sea/lagoon views and staff very helpful. Bedrooms comfortable but slightly old fashioned. Food was good but there was slight mix up with the vegetarian menu.

Overall very good.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMCRH, General Manager at Celtic Ross Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear cathchangeagent

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. Delighted to read that overall you had a very good time with us. We hope to have the pleasure of your company soon again.