Open today: 09:00 - 18:30
Review Highlights
Beautiful Ride through the Irish Countryside

We were recommended to Abbeyfield from Kilkea Castle and it was fabulous! Dara took excellent care... read more

Reviewed 31 March 2022
Stay40046557327
Mesa, Arizona
via mobile
Well worth a visit

We visited here last Friday to do clay pigeon shooting and Archery for group of 9 of us. Great fun... read more

Reviewed 8 November 2021
Mark T
Dublin, Ireland

All reviews horse riding clay pigeon shooting great fun irish countryside comfort zone air rifle shooting great afternoon well worth a visit horses ride activity instructor ireland dara pat session voucher
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I went clay pigeon shooting at Abbeyfield Farm in Kildare Ireland. I have never held a gun before so I was a little nervous. I was greeted by Daragh and he immediately made me feel comfortable. He showed me how to turn the safety on and off and when to do this as well as how to hold and load the gun. His instruction on shooting was perfect and I found that I hit my targets 90% of the time. The shooting was so fun and I can’t believe how comfortable I was by the end of the lesson. I would absolutely do this again. If you visit this part of Ireland I would definitely visit Abbeyfield. The farm also offers horseback riding, archery and even target rifle shooting.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

my first time doing these activities, it was great! got excellent instruction from staff. also the staff was very accommodating in helping me get taxi back to my hotel. i will definitely be doing this again.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank draftxng
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Went air rifle shooting to abbeyfield farm with my nephew. Very pleasant surroundings near Clane.
All staff very professional, helpful and friendly. Even the dogs said hello!
Will definitely go back for the clay pigeon shooting , the group doing that were having great crack.
We had a great day out.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We had a terrific time as a group of 12 out for a day in the country! Daragh was terrific from the start to help accommodating our group, our varied level of riders, and nervous first time shooters. Because of his patience and expertise, the ladies in the group quite easily outshot the men. We had riders and skill levels from ages 14 - 44 and really loved our day. Daragh we will surely refer everyone we know to your quaint farm just outside the city! We also made a trip to Hartes Kildare, Irish National Stud, BargeTrip Salins and Rye River Brewing to top off the day. Starting it with Daragh really set the tone for the hospitality and beauty of the Irish countryside. Thank you again Daragh!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and my daughter decided to go horseback riding even though it had rained the previous day, the K Club arranged for a shuttle and whisked them off for a short drive to the farm.
They also offer skeet shooting for non horse riding lot but given the weather I just enjoyed the fireplace at the K Club.
The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and the girls have an absolutely brilliant time, the gentlemen who took the girls out, along with a lovely dog in tow, made the ride even more enjoyable because he gave the girls a brief history lesson of the area and the farm. They supplied helmets but you need to remember to bring along gloves and good boots.

Date of experience: January 2018