Lowest prices for your stay
US$66
View deal
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
All reviews eco lodge sushi night pancakes costa rica yogurt coffee maker off the beaten path minute walk mini fridge make you feel at home pura vida no extra charge on tuesdays pizza and pasta included breakfast is wake up feel like family
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

By far our favorite restaurant in Junquillal. Fresh, healthy ingredients as well as being able to specify dietary and allergy restrictions. The owners are friendly! Special sushi available on Tuesdays only that was seriously 5 stars. Great prices, atmosphere and food.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2020

We were booked at this lovely secluded resort for the month of March. Sadly, the pandemic forced us to leave after only 1/2 of our booked time. I can't say enough about the hospitality received from Leike, Michiel and all of their staff.
Trust me - believe what past guests have reported on this little gem of a resort.
Being the last to depart before the airport shut down, we were driven in the middle of the night to Liberia to make our flight.
We arrived as guests, and felt that we left as friends. That's what this place can do to you.
When this place opens up again, once the pandemic has passed, consider booking asap!
One word of caution - this place is best for those looking for something different than large vacation spots, and far from the maddening crowds!
If you want the bar life and crowded beaches, go somewhere else, or have a car.
As for me and my wife - it was just what we were looking for having recently been to a popular, very large resort in the D.R.

Room tip: I believe one of the lodges is without A/C. Check if this matters.
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank BlomidonBud
Reviewed 18 February 2020

I stayed at Mundo Milo in January, and had the most wonderful experience. Lieke and Michiel are friendly and caring folks, and they made especially sure that as a single traveler I was never at a loss for companionship or suggestions for excursions. I was lucky enough to see a baby turtle release, the highlight of my week in this terrific coastal area. My cabina was large, well equipped, clean and quiet. I plan to return next year! Thank you, Lieke and Michiel, for an unforgettable stay and for all you did to make me feel at home.

Date of stay: January 2020
MundoMilo, Eigenaar at Mundo Milo Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Thank you Nancy, was wonderful to meet you and looking forward to next year to see you here with us again. Thank you for this wonderful review. Keep us posted, sunny greetings from Playa Junquillal,

Reviewed 26 January 2020

We stayed just one night on our way to the airport. It was a very lovely small boutique type hotel. The rooms were clean and the bedding was fresh which I really appreciated. Loved the pool area, the water in the pool was perfect for cooling down. The owners were welcoming and the food, we had all three meals there, was amazing. The wait staff at dinner were charming.I don’t like to sleep with ac but we had no choice because the windows don’t open. There is a fan in the room but it didn’t cool the room enough to turn off the air. I must comment however that the ac unit in our room so so quiet u could barely hear it. I would recommend this place to anyone that is planning a trip to this area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 25 January 2020

Hosts are exceptional. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good food. Off the beaten path. Its a 5 minute walk to a great white sand beach. Great place to go if you want some down time or if you like surfing.

We went horseback riding (our Child got to do beach riding), Ziplining, body surfing, turtle watching, etc. Hosts helped guide many of the activities.

As an aside, suggest taking a body board with you -- renting one in Costa Rica can be a bit expensive.

Date of stay: February 2019