Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$76
View deal
Expedia.comUS$76
PricelineUS$76
Hotels.comUS$76
eDreamsUS$76
Agoda.comUS$76
TravelocityUS$76
All reviews sushi night pancakes costa rica yogurt coffee maker off the beaten path minute walk pura vida mini fridge make you feel at home no extra charge on tuesdays pizza and pasta included breakfast is wake up feel like family leaving friends
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2020

We were booked at this lovely secluded resort for the month of March. Sadly, the pandemic forced us to leave after only 1/2 of our booked time. I can't say enough about the hospitality received from Leike, Michiel and all of their staff.
Trust me - believe what past guests have reported on this little gem of a resort.
Being the last to depart before the airport shut down, we were driven in the middle of the night to Liberia to make our flight.
We arrived as guests, and felt that we left as friends. That's what this place can do to you.
When this place opens up again, once the pandemic has passed, consider booking asap!
One word of caution - this place is best for those looking for something different than large vacation spots, and far from the maddening crowds!
If you want the bar life and crowded beaches, go somewhere else, or have a car.
As for me and my wife - it was just what we were looking for having recently been to a popular, very large resort in the D.R.

Room tip: I believe one of the lodges is without A/C. Check if this matters.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 18 February 2020

I stayed at Mundo Milo in January, and had the most wonderful experience. Lieke and Michiel are friendly and caring folks, and they made especially sure that as a single traveler I was never at a loss for companionship or suggestions for excursions. I was lucky enough to see a baby turtle release, the highlight of my week in this terrific coastal area. My cabina was large, well equipped, clean and quiet. I plan to return next year! Thank you, Lieke and Michiel, for an unforgettable stay and for all you did to make me feel at home.

Date of stay: January 2020
MundoMilo, Eigenaar at Mundo Milo Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Thank you Nancy, was wonderful to meet you and looking forward to next year to see you here with us again. Thank you for this wonderful review. Keep us posted, sunny greetings from Playa Junquillal,

Reviewed 26 January 2020

We stayed just one night on our way to the airport. It was a very lovely small boutique type hotel. The rooms were clean and the bedding was fresh which I really appreciated. Loved the pool area, the water in the pool was perfect for cooling down. The owners were welcoming and the food, we had all three meals there, was amazing. The wait staff at dinner were charming.I don’t like to sleep with ac but we had no choice because the windows don’t open. There is a fan in the room but it didn’t cool the room enough to turn off the air. I must comment however that the ac unit in our room so so quiet u could barely hear it. I would recommend this place to anyone that is planning a trip to this area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 25 January 2020

Hosts are exceptional. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good food. Off the beaten path. Its a 5 minute walk to a great white sand beach. Great place to go if you want some down time or if you like surfing.

We went horseback riding (our Child got to do beach riding), Ziplining, body surfing, turtle watching, etc. Hosts helped guide many of the activities.

As an aside, suggest taking a body board with you -- renting one in Costa Rica can be a bit expensive.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 31 December 2019

This was our second time staying at Mundo Milo and it did not disappoint. Lieke and Michiel have built such a special place and we could not imagine coming to Costa Rica without staying at Mundo Milo. The thing we love the most about Mundo Milo is that Lieke and Michiel take a sincere personal interest in their guests and when you are talking with them it never feels rushed. One of the two of them are always on site and available to give help or advice - from directions to where to buy souvenirs on our drive to the airport, checking to see if a national park is open on Christmas day or arranging any of a number of tours. Our stay was during Christmas-time and they included us and all guest in a Christmas Eve pot luck with their friends. Simply put - Lieke and Michiel make you feel at home!

The rooms are spacious and clean, beds comfortable and airco works great. There is a cute little sitting area outside the room perfect for hanging wet swimming suits out to dry or to sit and read a book listening to the sounds of howler monkeys in the distance. The pool area is great for cooling off and reading a book or playing ping pong. The dining area is magical - all outdoor with beautiful plantings and natural wood furnishing surrounding you. The included breakfast is generous and delicious, consisting of fresh fruit, homemade greek yogurt and either a "typical" Costa Rican breakfast (gallo pinto, eggs, and bread) or pancakes and you can get an endless supply of freshly made espresso coffee at no extra charge. There was no need for us to go off-site for dinner and we ate at Mundo Milo every night. Prices are very reasonable and the food is very good. The blackened tuna, quinoa salad, ceviche and sushi night are favorites! I can see how the relaxed service might bother some people but for us it was no problem and we experienced it simply an extension of the "Pura Vida" vibe.

Mundo Milo is a short walk (5 minutes) from Playa Junquillal which is a wonderful beach for those who like long walks searching for sea shells or perhaps, if you're lucky, the release of some baby turtles from the local turtle conservation project Asociación Vida Verdiazul. The beach is always sparsely populated, even on holidays, and it's usually just a few tourists and a few locals out fishing. The water is just perfect, especially if you like boogie boarding. The waves are amazing and though it is considered a surf spot most hard core surfers go to nearby Playa Negra or Playa Avenillas. A moderate walk or short drive away is Playa Blanca where those who want to snorkel will find a protected cove filled with incredible sea life swimming among the coral. Mundo Milo guests can borrow snorkeling gear or boogie boards for no extra charge.

Mundo Milo is an absolute treasure! Wonderful place!

Date of stay: December 2019