All reviews dog friendly hotel has recently changed hands lovely selection lovely open fire lake district excellent chef lovely lounge dog owners bath shower first class longer stay dogs are allowed room was clean and comfortable a lovely stay booked last minute bar menu lovely hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thanks to all the great staff at Ravenstone Manor , position for exploring the lakes was excellent ,rooms are clean and the hotel is warm and cosy ,and a great place if you have dogs as they are so welcome ,and I have to say the food is stunning ,everynight there’s something difffernt and prepared fresh ,and the Breakfast is one of the best I’ve had .Dont change a thing ,THANKYOU

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Spent one night here on the way up to Scotland. Lovely interior, cosy single attic room which had just been tastefully redecorated. Lots of dogs which doesn’t bother me cos I like dogs! Peaceful bar and lounge area, didn’t eat evening meal but breakfast included was excellent.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Fabulous decor, rooms, staff, food , ambience and everyone seemed so happy and helpful!. There are enough seating areas, whether it be bar, comfy settess whatever - set in a stunning building recently renovated to the best standard. The food was amazing but at a standard price (about £15 for a main course). Even plenty for the vegetarian. Dogs could go anywhere except the kitchen and that contributed to the fun. They all seemed remarkably behaved.

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms overlook the valley and have stunning views.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

If you don’t really love living in close proximity to dogs, then you’d best avoid this hotel for now.

In fairness, dog friendly was mentioned on the website, so totally down to me for not spotting it. I do like dogs but I’m not an owner and believe that, where practical, all preferences can be accommodated.

Dogs were allowed everywhere, even the restaurant. Thankfully the dog owners were very considerate when we visited - thank you. It would be a nightmare if there were barking or uncontrolled dogs.

The staff were very friendly, the hotel very clean and evening meals excellent. Brilliant location for both easy and demanding walking. Cost reasonable.

Dog owners - this would be a 5 star rating for you.

I’ve given 3 star because:
1. At the moment, there is no non-dog accommodation or living/dining areas and the multiple rooms could accommodate areas for both dog owners and non owners.

2. Hygiene for serving staff is impossible. Every time “Mummy’s little baby” (and there were several) gets brought into the restaurant, the owners expect the staff to make a fuss of them. Whilst I did see some staff subsequently go off to the toilets to wash their hands, at busy times this was impractical and understandably didn’t happen. In addition, quite naturally, dogs were always sniffing or licking table tops when they got the chance.

I understand further renovation work is planned for this lovely old building- hopefully the plans can include accommodation, living and dining areas for guests who aren’t quite so keen on dogs. If that happened then I would go back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ILookForGoodService
Reviewed 5 October 2018

From the start we fell in love with this place, pulling up to the car park and looking over the amazing view. I had booked to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday and we were both in awe at both the manor itself and the view from it.

We went for a walk whilst waiting for our room (we were early) taking her dog with us, the area is beautiful and pictures could never do it justice. I opted to book the cottage on site which is very homely, modern and has everything you need and more for an enjoyable stay. The pictures on the website reflect this but just like the area the pictures didn't do it justice, being able to sit in the lounge area or wake up to that view was just idyllic.

I would be remiss when reviewing this place to not mention the staff, they were very attentive, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. You could tell from the start how much they genuinely love dogs, Bella thoroughly enjoyed her stay and got plenty of fuss from the staff - particularly falling in love with Peter as she would stop whatever she was doing and look for him whenever he went past and made a big fuss of her!

I must also highlight how brilliant we thought Carol was, she was a delight and perfect at her job, if all people in the service industry were like her then going anywhere would be a much nicer experience.

The food in the restaurant was reasonably priced and always delicious too! There are plenty of beautiful towns and walks nearby to fill your time and a lovely new bar area in the hotel to go for a drink.

I'm not typically one for writing reviews but a place as good as this i felt compelled to do so, by the end of the first night my partner and I were already talking about coming back. This was my first time visiting the Lake District and thanks to Ravenstone and the staff it did not disappoint!

Room Tip: Trusmadoor Cottage has all the benefits of a room with lots of added extras for a similar price!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family