1,920 results
All reviews lakeview restaurant the outdoor hot tub armathwaite hall afternoon tea club room aroma room quiche hush room cream tea dress code stately home thermal suite on arrival sandwiches country house hotel course meal main restaurant
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 1 night. What a fantastic hotel. The setting (right on the lake) is breathtaking. The facilities at the hotel are great (the gym and spa are brill). The infinity pool that overlooks the gardens, and distant hills and lake, was so relaxing. The heat therapy rooms etc were great also.
Dinner was taken in the Brasserie. A really nice relaxed area for dining. Casual dress code, great food - really well presented, and delicious. The battered fish and chips was one of the best I have ever tasted. The toffee creme brûlée, just as good!
The rooms are luxurious, clean, tidy and spacious.
The staff are all great too. Very chatty and polite.
A really well run hotel. Will definitely be back (for a personal stay next time).
A perfect luxury Lake District hotel. Not a bad choice at at all - especially as this was my first ever visit to the lakes!
Keep up the good work.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for our silver wedding anniversary and loved it. Nothing could be faulted. Fantastic spacious room. Wonderful food, lovely afternoon tea. We thoroughly enjoyed the spa and enjoyed the all the treatments we had booked. All the staff were wonderful - friendly and very professional. We will definitely back

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Me and my husband had afternoon tea recently this was a present from our family. This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting. We were well looked after by the staff who were very efficient but I would only rate the tea as average. The sandwiches were nothing special in fact they were fairly tasteless having said that the scones were delicious. I'm only glad I wasn't actually paying for this tea & I wouldn't in the future pick this place to go back to in a hurry

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Booked a afternoon of relaxation knowing full well we be tired and soaked wet through after our walk.
Got to the spa early and staff where brilliant infact the staff in the spa area all afternoon where 1st class.
Anyway we had a great afternoon and a awesome massage. Facilities are really good to steam jacuzzi pool outdoor hot tub etc
It doesn't reach the 5 star due to no where near enough loungers we basically had to put our robes and towels on the floor as people left there's on the loungers nit once did they become free for us to rest on.
Please folks do bare in mind you share this facility with other guests day and hotel inc children in the pool area so if its busy its not the relaxing day you might have hoped for.
Due to no beds available or seating we pretty much had to keep moving around.
So yea thats a heads up apart from the seating/loungers & inconsiderate people leaving there belongings on the beds so others cant enjoy its a pretty awesome place.
Will we go back??
Probably yea as the staff and facilities are top notch.
But we have been spoilt we have been to the awesome outdoor spa in whistler and that take sone beating.
Anyway enjoy.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

We recently visited the Armathwaite for a long family weekend. I have lost count now how many times we have stayed here, wether this has been with our children or the odd night. I must say we had a stunning family room to the point were we didn't want to leave. Certain staff in the main restaurant are so helpful. On arrival it was warm welcoming & one guy helped us with suitcases who was just so lovely. Although we had a couple of issues with our door which opens up onto the balcony, this would not open, tv problems & a couple next to us who were having a dispute for quiet a long time, everything else was fab. I love trying all the unusual menu in the main restaurant as these seem to work well. The chefs are obviously very well talented. Breakfast is always tasty. I just find often when asked for more toast this never seems to arrive & we have to ask again. The location of the hotel & grounds are just stunning just like the spa facilities....Along with me & my husband, my two children enjoy the pools very much. Although sometimes we bump into little issues this place just seems to make everything go away. We will certainly keep visiting in the future as it's just such a special place to stay. Keep up the hard work.

Stayed: March 2016