“Great meal, good ambience”

Don Pepe Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We went here after a day at Carabali to closeout a great day. No regrets about the selection. Everything we had was really good and savory. It is hard to pick one specific meal to talk about, but I have to say the "Arepas Rellenas" and the "Mero Empanado con Platano" were really delicious and quite different.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 June 2018

My wife and I were blown away by the food and service. Our waiter Sandro was on point all night. We had the seafood rice (holy smoke!!) and the churrasco with shrimp kabob (simply amazing). Towards the end of the evening, Sandro suggested we visit their new bar, upstairs. The had an acoustic guitar duo playing from Puerto Rican songs to Frank Sinatra. It really was a wonderful night even though my Macallan Scotch had something to do with it. I am from the neighborhood and glad I no longer have to travel to San Juan for a wonderful meal.

1  Thank JohnRamos745
Reviewed 26 June 2018

went there two night during vacation in june. The place has two stories, although the upper room is opened later in the evening. food is fresh, all the typical food from plantains, seafood, meats, fresh fish( the fried red snapper is a sight to behold) Service is fast and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went with my family to have dinner on the east area.
Couldn’t pickup a better place. Nice, family and Cousy ambient, friendly servers and the food, delicious!
Fresh fish, meats and excellent drinks.
This was not my first time and definitely will not be the last one.
Recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We were apprehensive about leaving the resort but we were very grateful that we went. Oscar was our waiter and he was fantastic. He was able to recommend appetizers and entrées. We tried plantains we had calamari and fried cheese. The chicken gumbo was fantastic, and the rice and chicken. We highly recommend you trying this restaurant.