6 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$1,035
Hotels.comUS$1,035
Booking.comUS$1,044
1,765 results
All reviews butler service bahia beach sea grapes boat house golf course puerto rico turn down service champagne sabering nature tour walk in closet bird sanctuary four seasons ritz carlton old san juan ocean front golf club bug spray
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2022

The St. Regis is an absolutely beautiful resort with very good service. The beach was amazing--not crowded at all and very relaxing. It felt very private and we were always able to get lounge chairs and umbrellas. Walking on the beach was a real treat. It felt so open and not crowded. And the pool was great as well. We were always able to get chairs at any time, with lots of options and shade from umbrellas and palm trees. Our room was a luxury garden view suite that we booked on points with a cash upgrade. It was an amazing room--huge with plenty of storage, a very comfortable bed, living room with pullout sofa, 2 full bathrooms (one with the biggest shower I have ever seen), a wet bar, an unending supply of bottled water, huge balcony, and turndown service. Although I was slightly disappointed that we did not receive an upgraded view, our view was of the beautiful gardens surrounding the pool and my daughter spent quite a lot of time on our balcony in the very comfortable lounge chair. There was also no acknowledgement of our anniversary that we were celebrating as a family.
We spent an afternoon at the beach club pool as well, which was our own private pool for the day. We were there on a Monday when the restaurant is not open, but it was very serene and peaceful. Our teenage kids enjoyed the inflatables, kayaks and SUPs available at the boat house one afternoon. The spa was also a great experience with nice hot tub outside.
I wish that we were provided more information about the property, as I just read another review indicating that nature tours are available. I had asked for a list of activities or schedule at the front desk and was only told that there was the sabering and feeding the koi every night at 6, but that there was no schedule or list. I had also asked for about running trails, and was shown the very basic map at check-in, which we thought was just showing the running paths on the streets, but apparently there were more paths available. We would have definitely taken the tour or walked the grounds ourselves, especially to see the animal shelter. The map and information provided at check-in was very lacking. We did explore some of the property but it was a very confusing place and it was very easy to get lost, which did happen a couple of times.
Every single person who works at the St. Regis is great. Every interaction was friendly and they would do anything that you asked. They were always happy to give you a ride anywhere on property, which we really appreciated..
The food is extremely expensive, which was expected. Breakfast was ok and options began to decrease as our stay progressed. We enjoyed several lunches at Seagrapes--the food was excellent every time, as was the service. Paros and the lobby bar also had great food and service, but, again, at a high price. Dinner at the Beach Club was also enjoyable.
I am very glad that we rented a car. It provided us with more options for dining, and we drove to Old San Juan for a food tour, where we were able to sample authentic Puerto Rican and local cuisine. We were also able to tour the rainforest in our own car with a stop for lunch at the kiosks at Luquillo afterwards. That was a treat! Overall it was a great stay and we will be back!

Date of stay: June 2022
Guest Services, Other at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2022

Dear K3817DUjeannel:

Greetings from The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, It is our privilege to know that you had an excellent experience with us recently during your summer vacations.

I would also like to express my gratitude for taking the time to write a comment full of words of praise and compliments, which undoubtedly makes our job worthwhile.

We have shared your observations with the team regarding the information that was not provided and we apologize if this caused any type of inconvenience during your stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing Puerto Rico's Best Address for your recent stay, we are very excited and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2022 via mobile

I can’t even describe how my experience was in this hotel. From the the lobby to the restaurants to the pool and beach area was a whole other experience with the staff. They treated me so good and I’m very happy that I made my decision to celebrate my bday in this resort. Mari, (st. Regis rest) Brizeilee, Yolanda, Alexandra, Yean (from pool and beach area) Jean from maintenance, all of the treated me so welcoming and good that I’ve created such a good bond with them. I want to thanks them and the hotel for making me the best bday I’ve ever had. Thank you

Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Services, Other at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2022

Greetings Juliel P:

First, thank you for taking the moment to share your recent experience at The St. Regis Bahia Beach. It is
our utmost satisfaction that every guest receives a memorable St. Regis signature service. We feel privileged that you have chosen Puerto Rico's Best Address for such an important celebration.

We have also shared your words with our team as this contributes to our journey of excellence. Consider The St. Regis Bahia Beach your paradise away from home.

Reviewed 26 June 2022

My second stay at a St Regis this yr and they are above the rest. No idea how anyone can give this resort a bad rating. Literally everyone you encounter says hello and offers service. We had a bad experience at a property in San Juan earlier but Jose the front desk director who checked us in made us forget about that stay. Super accommodating and even apologized for them. The property is gorgeous, garden suite is amazing and tranquil ! Sushi at the st Regis bar was enjoyable, service by , Delilah , Jesus, Krystal and Omeig was great. The manager was present and checking in on tables as well as helping. Pool and beach are incredible. Seagrapes pizza and overall food solid, only slight negative is the birds but all good. Server name was Noel we believe .

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings NYerBornNraised:

We want to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bahia Beach. It is our privilege to know that you had an excellent experience with us and to contribute to a memorable moment. We are more than ever encouraged to continue our journey and to deliver personalized St Regis Service to our guests. We have shared your words of appraisal with our team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2022 via mobile

Service and food are spectacularly poor..
Hotel is nice but service especially for the price is garbage...
We have traveled all over the world and I will say that this St Regis is the worst service we've ever experienced..

No one at the front door
Manager goes home at 6
No one answers the phone
$20 kids burger.. give me a break

Room tip: Bring your own food
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank RobertHouston
Guest Services, Other at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2022

Dear Mr. Houston, greetings from The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort,

Thank you for sharing your concern about our service. We sincerely appreciate your feedback about our resort, and
want to ensure you we are constantly working hard to bring all areas of the property up to a level of perfection.

We are really sorry that our resort did not match your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that we address your concern and we hope to have a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 12 June 2022

My husband and I just returned from a truly fantastic four nights at St. Regis Bahia Beach (this was my second trip there, his first). We've had the privilege of staying at some incredible hotels around the world and this one now ranks among our favorites.

Five-star staff: the staff is what really made the trip - they were so warm and genuine without being over the top. As an example: another guest at the resort was celebrating her birthday and had mentioned to a staff member that she wanted to try a pastry particular to Puerto Rico. In the evening, during the champagne ceremony, the employee surprised her with a bag of pastries and said they had someone drive into San Juan to buy them. The guest was so surprised and taken aback by the gesture! We also want to give a shout out to Shakiel, with whom we thoroughly enjoyed speaking at the beach and pool. Our conversations with him were the types of experiences that make travel so special. Also shout outs to Jesus, our waiter at Paros, the concierge (Georgina or Juliana, I forgot to write her name down), and Noel (I think) who was our waiter at lunch and has a shared love of animals. But truly, we experienced such wonderful service that we'd go back just for that.

Pools - the main pool is fantastic. Lots of chairs/umbrellas, shade, and the pool meanders so there are lots of areas to post up. If you have kids, there's a wading area as well as one or two one-foot deep sections. Great pool and beach service too. Our only negative pool experience is that one afternoon a group of guests was playing loud music on speakers or a phone - I am surprised St. Regis clientele would do this but we moved to a different area of the pool and could no longer hear it thankfully. (I assume playing your own music without headphones is not permitted but I don't know whether the hotel actually knew this was going on.) We also went over to the Beach Club pool for a little but didn't care much for it. Hotel guests are allowed to use this pool but I believe it's more geared towards the Bahia Beach residences.

Beach - what a peaceful beach. Again, plenty of chairs and umbrellas and excellent service. The warmest ocean water we've ever been in, and very clear too. One afternoon there were three manatees swimming off the shoreline which was so delightful for the guests to see. The hotel has toys for kids to play with.

Room - we got a complimentary upgrade through our travel agent. The room, and in particular the bathroom, was huge. We had a large balcony with a beautiful garden view and could even see a bit of the ocean. I do think the room decor is lacking in character - it's all gray/white/modern which doesn't fit with the lush gardens and tropical ocean surrounding the resort. My understanding is that the rooms had more character prior to the somewhat recent renovation.

Food and drink - the lunch and dinner food was very good, but nothing to write home about. Paros is insanely expensive, so be prepared for that. The other food was more reasonably priced. We had a FANTASTIC lunch at the Beach Club grill (the hotel can take you to/from there via golf cart). The resort's cocktails and beer were delicious. Highly recommend trying beer from the local brewery, Ocean Lab, especially the passion fruit wheat beer. The breakfast buffet was fantastic - one of the best hotel breakfasts we've had - and was complimentary through our booking with our travel agent.

Amenities/activities - we used the bikes from the Boat House area (which has blowup slides, paddle boards, kayaks, life vests, etc.) and rode through the bird sanctuary (it is a walking path but we were told the bicycles were permitted). It's not a very long ride. The trail runs through a beautiful tropical forest area and is almost entirely shaded. There is a dog/cat shelter and tree nursery on the Bahia Beach property, but you can see it only via a nature tour which unfortunately not able to get during our time there (the tours go through the Bahia Beach community rather than directly through the resort, although the resort will inquire about availability for you.) From what we were told, Bahia Beach takes wonderful care of its animals which speaks volumes to us. They capture, spay/neuter, vaccinate, and adopt out strays! I believe you can even "rent" a shelter dog for the afternoon so that they get play time/affection. We heard one couple fell in love with a pair of puppies on their honeymoon and the shelter helped them arrange for the necessary paperwork to adopt them and bring them back home to the U.S. mainland.

We have only three overall complaints, which absolutely do not affect how we felt about our great experience. (1) We think the hotel could do a better job making information about the complex's facilities and activities accessible. The maps are not detailed and we didn't realize how much was actually on the property until we spoke with the concierge (note that they have a better map than what you're given at check-in). For example, I don't think any of the materials we received via email beforehand mentioned the nature tours - I knew about this from my own research. (2) The private transfers are REALLY overpriced. We took an Uber from the airport upon arrival and it was $33. Ubers aren't really available out in the Bahia Beach area, so we did the private transfer back to the airport through the hotel and it was $168 for a 30-minute ride. We obviously know private transfers are going to be marked up significantly, but that price was just silly. (With that said, our driver was great and even arrived 15 minutes early.) 3. The plastic use. Oh my, so many one-use disposable plastic cups, water bottles, and utensils. This is not consistent with the resort's overall environmental messaging and mission. This is not a COVID thing because regular flatware and dinnerware is being used for sit-down meals. The tap water there is safe and tastes fine so the plastic water bottles seem especially wasteful. Note that there are dispensers with iced water placed around the pool. I hope the resort shifts towards less plastic waste in the near future.

St. Regis Bahia Beach, thank you for such a wonderful stay. I almost cried like a little kid when we had to leave. We can't wait to return.

1  Thank ndj9987

Dear ndj9987 greetings from The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the entire stay from the beginning until you departed the resort with unforgettable memories. We appreciate your complimentary words upon our dedicated team and I will definitely share your valuable feedback with them. We also appreciate that you shared some areas of opportunity as we strive to continuously deliver our St. Regis signature service.

Together with the team, we look forward to your return for another Summer Dream Vacation.