8 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$1,046
Booking.comUS$1,055
Orbitz.comUS$1,046
1,759 results
All reviews butler service bahia beach sea grapes boat house golf course puerto rico turn down service champagne sabering nature tour walk in closet bird sanctuary four seasons ritz carlton old san juan golf club ocean front bug spray
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at many wonderful resorts, but this one was tops for us! From the moment we exited our taxi (I'll write a separate recommendation for Rio Grande Taxi Service - they were great!), we were greeted with the first of so many I can't count "good afternoon Mr and Mrs Hill). Everyone, from the check in desk, to the wait staff, to even the gardeners that you walk by while traversing the resort, were over the top professional, respectful and just plain service-oriented. I would have to assume that this level of attentiveness is taught and enforced from the top down, so hats off to the managers of this resort - well done!

On top of the top notch service, the resort is absolutely beautiful - way beyond our expectation. In our 3 short days we managed to: walk the local trails, enjoy the use of the bicycles, stand up paddle boards and kayaks, spend hours both at the beach as well as the pool, ate at both Fern and Seagrapes (can't say enough about the food at Fern for both breakfast and dinner - Seagrapes is more "poolside") and simply enjoyed the breathtaking beauty of everything around us.

We had booked 3 days here followed by 4 in Old San Juan because we were worried about not having enough to do at the resort - I wish we had booked the other way around. We are already planning our next trip back and will make it a longer one for sure!

Well done, St Regis Bahia Beach!

Date of stay: April 2015
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

Dear Mrs. Shannon Hill,

Greetings from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

We greatly appreciate your praise and kind words to the resort. Every single member of our staff is devoted and dedicated as the next to provide a service worthy of 5 Diamonds and to be called luxury. We are delighted your expectations were exceeded from the moment your journey started on the island.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even longer stay to experience the amenities and activities created for your enjoyment.

Thank you for the beautiful gift of feedback.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Amazing resort - spotless beach, beautiful pool areas, fast food and beverage service on the beach along with good restuarants, throughtful staff and room was the quietest I've very experienced even with all the families with kids. Dining staff would also be sure to seat us away from the tables with kids (thanks!). Very good spa facility with Remede products - no push to buy products (another thanks!). Bikes to use on the trail were fun. Don't play golf or tennis but those areas looked great too. Got a room upgrade - nice touch. Minutes away from rainforest. If you have a car (we did) easy access to grocery store and other conveniences. About 45 minutes to/from airport. Would have skipped the Puerto Rican buffet - way too expensive for the choices. Would absolutely go back to this resort for more beach time and to explore the island.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank msacks

Dear Distinguished Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed the enchanting island of Puerto Rico and found the resort to be amazing with a beach making you want more. We are always looking forward to providing a relaxing pleasurable environment to create experiences like yours.

Thank you for making the journey to our slice of paradise. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

After reading many of the reviews, I was so pleased and in awe of this amazing property and service they provide!

I think it is crucial to read many reviews, as well as see whom is doing the reviewing and note if their review is their only review or if they have several. This helps, in my opinion, since it shows if the reviewer is well traveled or not or just new to TA. It seems the single-time reviewers may tend to have more of a gripe with things...even though this may be generalizing...just my opinion.

I will note that we are SPG members and you would be silly to not join if you plan to visit, even if you never plan on visiting other SPG properties. It is a loyalty program that has some nice perks.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with rum punch and friendly staff that checked us in and showed us around the property. Our room was not yet ready and they stored our luggage while we got acquainted with the resort and had a nice glass of wine at Sea Grapes. The nearby pools and surrounding areas were immaculate with lovely, high quality lounge chairs and shade if needed.

Our room was upgraded to #313 and was outstanding!! The difference was in addition to the master room and bathroom, there was a sitting room, extra bathroom, and bar area! The master side alone would have wowed me with high, beamed ceilings and large master bath with luxurious appointments. The extra space was greatly enjoyed and made me never want to leave!!

One review I read mentioned there was no adult pool...but there is an adult only pool right near Molasses Restaurant (which btw was wonderful)! The "mofongo" was delish!!

Breakfast was included in the beautifully decorated Fern restaurant. No waiting...buffet on the weekend and order from menu during the week. House made granola with Greek yogurt and fruit was just the right ratio of crunch, sweet and tart yogurt!! Husband had the very best Eggs Benedict!!

The spa is gorgeous and relaxing... A glass of champagne awaits after your treatment!!

I did not encounter a mosquito problem even sitting on our ocean view patio late into the evening... this could be a seasonal issue, but I did bring my own deet-free spray just in case. It really is a jungle-like forest, so better to be prepared.

In conclusion, this is one of the very top on my list!! High quality, friendly and attentive staff, immaculate grounds, several activities, gorgeous beach (generally windy but would really be very hot w/out the breeze).

Also worth mentioning, we came directly from a business convention held at El Conquistador. In my opinion, it is a bit worn and better suited for families with children! This was many standards above that resort and not very comparable in many ways...although I had a very nice time there as well...just different category altogether.

Happy traveling and I hope this was helpful!!! I may still be here if you chose this amazing resort...so do come by and visit! :-)

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mummycentric

Dear Distinguished Guest,

We are so thrilled to hear you had a flawless stay and it appears you enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you for being an SPG member. Your kind words and satisfaction are greatly appreciated and motivate our desire to continue exceeding expectations and creating memorable vacations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, to treat you to another uncompromising St. Regis vacation.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I have waited too long to write this review so I'll make it a long one ;). First, unrelated to the hotel. Puerto Ricans are friendly and helpful, from the strangers at the airport to Old San Juan we have been approached and offered help to get us where we needed to be. Ok, now for this awesome Resort. Let's start with what's important to me,
The ocean and beach:
This has to be one of the most picturesque resort beaches I've ever seen. The shoreline winding, turning and curving for a few miles combined with the waves and then the dark green mountains in the distance(rain forest) and the tall palms along the shore....gorgeous! Reading reviews and looking at pictures I figured I would only enjoy watching it from shore and swim in calm waters somewhere else in PR. I was told there are rip tides but decided to try it out. The waves are awesome and while they look ominous, they are actually very mild and the sand under foot is super smooth and compacted without creepy things sticking or brushing against your feet. I spent hours Bodysurfing and it was the best I've ever experienced! They continuously have the red flags up as warning but I've seen toddlers playing in the crashing waves with these flags displayed. The sand is brown and super fine not the bright white or pink some people may want. This is a very natural looking beach and never crowded even with full occupancy...always a lounge chair available with fresh towels and food and drink served!
Room:
Beautiful, modern, large, clean, awesome back private covered deck and a ridiculously huge bathroom with awesome natural stone tile work. We stayed in room 124. This was the second floor overlooking a lagoon and golf range...could barley see either as the palms are thick which offered lots of privacy. The work that went into the building structure to offer privacy and the feel of upscale residency shows in the pathway and staircase to each room. We had a bowl of fruit in our room too :)
Grounds:
At full capacity you have the feeling that the resort is less than half capacity. The raised wooden pathways are floating over thick gardens and shaded by beautiful tall palms. Everywhere you look the gardens are lush and impeccable. The nature trails either walking, running or biking will make you stop to look at the natural fresh water lagoons winding through them. I can guess some are 10 feet deep and super clear...they should offer swimming in these! This resort is huge and getting from your room to the beach, restaurant, boathouse, tennis courts and golfing range can be a hike. This is why they offer golf cart shuttles from your room or from the main lobby. I loved zipping around on these and they had sleek black vans for this too if they had more than a couple to shuttle.
Things to do:
We never golfed and wanted to give the driving range a try. You will need to wear a collared shirt and sneakers for appearance and safety. No extra fees,They gave us a full set of clubs each, a golf cart that had 2 coolers and cold water, we spent hours here and it was a blast!
The boat house is on a fresh water lake. You can use the kayaks, paddle boards and swim here. They have a huge trampoline/jungle gym you can swim out to, my wife and I played on this like two kids. We laughed and screamed like....fools :) This is really a beautiful small lake with clean water. Combined with tall palms and the rainforest mountains in the distance, it all seems unreal. The boat house also has bikes for you and we took full advantage of this, riding through the trails, paths and roads. Again, the ocean is really fun and you can spend hours swimming in it.
Staff:
While not important to me, they always addressed me by my surname in the restaurants, valet and main house. Just shows how they strive to make your stay personal and memorable. They were always pleasant and made our stay a great one.
Restaurants:
We ate at all 3 restaurants at this resort. While not my kind of atmosphere, Molasses had the best authentic dishes and we ate here twice for this reason. Fern offered a great breakfast with the choice of buffet style breakfast which we chose and it was perfect. Dinner here was good but not as good as Molasses. We had lunch at Seagrapes by the pool often and while not terrible is was just ok. I had Mahi Mahi a little underdone, had to send it back. I ordered a side of avocado and it was unripe and dark, sent it back. I had a salad with some grit, typical of dark greens if not carefully washed, very little so I ate it. I have to say the service was awesome in all restaurants and the manager and waitress at Seagrapes really tried to make things right..
5 star?
Some here say this is a failed attempt for 5 star resort. I have been to a few 5 star resorts and there is a range within this 5 star rating. Some 5 star resorts will concentrate on newness. Lets say something like lounge chair cushions by the pool or the guestrooms back deck. St. Regis Bahia offers so much more with beauty of the room, grounds, property layout and service that they don't have to obsess or over compensate for suntan lotion stains on cushions.
Guest:
First time ever I have rated guest :)....My wife and I have two kids in college and we're done with the young kid thing. I have to say, on the beach, by the pool or in the restaurants, every single child was super well behaved. The guest were all content and happy too. This place has a good vibe!
Life is short and there is so much to see, we think repeat visits to one location can be redundant..... I think we may revisit the St. Regis Bahia Resort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TaskMasterwkw

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our captivating resort.

We are thrilled that you were seduced by our magnificent accommodations and spectacular tropical setting. The beach and lush gardens provide an amazing setting with great activities. Most importantly we are honored you enjoyed our warm hospitality. We have great pride in our service and property and appreciate welcoming all to enjoy its beauty.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

Have been 5 times and continues to impress. Luca and Coral at Fern, Naomi at the front desk and an extra compliment to Oscar Noel Carrasco that made the beach extra special. Carl the tennis pro is amazing. The house keeping staff are so nice and attentive. Was there over Easter and even though the hotel was full you would never know. This is the best place to vacation!

Room tip: The standard rooms are unbelievable, no need to upgrade
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Distinguished Guest,

We are so thrilled you have visited the resort 5 times and we continue to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your loyalty and for the opportunity to create memorable vacations.

We look forward to having the pleasure of indulging you once again, at the Best Address in the Caribbean.