All reviews free margaritas roots restaurant puerto rico tiki hut rum bar post hurricane hurricane damage vacation club red flag breakfast buffet small casino self parking great property the entire staff room rate ocean view pool side
Reviewed 23 September 2018

My husband, my mom, and I just returned home from 8 days at this resort. As property owners, we stayed on the Margaritaville side of the resort. The hotel side is the other end of the main building, really not a different location. We checked in 2 days early to escape Hurricane Flo’s wind and rain.
The lobby is beautiful. We were greeted with smiling faces, and complimentary Margaritas!
Each day from 12 to 1, they offer free margaritas in the lobby.
The room was great. We had a 1 bedroom with an ocean view. Mom slept on the fold out couch and said it was comfy. This property does not have a 2 bedroom option. Only studio, 1 and 3 bedrooms.
There are 3 pools, the 5 O’clock Somewhere swim up bar/pool; the quiet pool, the activity pool-has a water slide. All were very nice.
The 5 O’clock bar/pool area is where we primarily hung out, was closer to our room. Food and drinks were great, but of course, expensive.
There were not many people there, always able to find a seat, get prompt attention.
Concierge Zuleyka was wonderful, gave hugs!
Bartender Norbert in the nice bar by the lobby was spectacular!
Everyone was really friendly. The bellman, Saul, was really helpful.
We didn’t rent a car. We used a local cab service for all travel. Company called Lina. Our driver was always Carlos, he has a black Lincoln Navigator.
We went to the nearby Kioskos for dinner 1x, it was ok. We went to Old San Juan and explored. We went to the nearby Carabali Adventure Park and rode ATVs in the rainforest. Highly recommend this, super fun and not too expensive. Restaurant there was great too.
We played golf on the ocean course, it was great. Only one hole is on the ocean, but still was very nice. There is another course, we didn’t play that one. Clubs available for rental, high quality clubs.
My only issue: housekeeping.
I was of the mindset that with the timeshare, we really wouldn’t have regular cleaning services. I expected that. We had to beg for towels, or that’s how it seemed after requesting it 3x. We ran out of toilet paper 3x, I wondered if we were supposed to supply our own? So, anyway, we arrived Friday. We were checking out the next Saturday. On the last full day, Friday, the housekeeper came in our room! She brought towels, toilet paper, wiped things down, offered to vacuum and make the bed. We were just floored by this. No sign of housekeeping for a dang week, the the day before we leave?!
So, we were happy with our trip, no doubt it is wonderful, but that housekeeping thing was very odd.

Room tip: Ocean view wonderful, rainforest view also beautiful
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Becky J
Anad6589, Manager at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

HI Becky,

We really appreciate all your comments. I will pass them along to the Margaritaville team since this TripAdvisor page is from the resort. Is there any email that we can reach you out and discuss areas of opportunities? We hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Margaritaville Rio Grande is the most Beautiful of all the Wyndham Resorts I’ve stayed at! I have been an owner since 1996! The grounds are so immaculate,the beach is just steps away.....beautiful & private!! Location is private,but so close to everything you need!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Thank you for the phenomenal review! Having you stay with us was truly a pleasure and we hope to see you again soon for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I cannot say enough about our stay at this resort. All of the staff was so hopeful tending to my every need The beach was just heaven. We were told to stay near San Juan but I opted to go little bit off the beaten path and I have no regrets. It was very private like an oasis and very close to the national rain forest , marina , for island cruises and bio kayak tour. Although you never need to leave the resort is so much to do there. I had a massage at spa that was one of the best I've ever had. Don't bother staying in the concrete jungle and tourism traps . Truly check out, at this resort. Thank you Wyndham

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We could not be more delighted to hear that, Cathy! We are thrilled that you had a magical experience and cannot wait until your return. We are ready to welcome you again soon! #LiveGrand

Reviewed 21 September 2018

My wife and I just came back from celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary at this wonderful resort. We had been there for our 25th and wanted to come back and it was awesome! From the moment we checked in we were greeted warmly by many of the staff and truly felt welcomed.Danelis was so kind and got us a nice room overlooking the ocean. In the mornings we enjoyed the buffet breakfast and were greeted by Carla our hostess and Juan one of our servers. Thank you both for being so good to us. I will also add that it was not just those two but all of the team did an outstanding job taking care of us. The grounds of the property were very well kept and beautiful. The pools and the ocean were so relaxing. On Saturday night my wife and I enjoyed dinner on there themed Caribbean buffet. We figured we would try it not knowing a whole lot about the food offerings and along comes Edwin to the rescue. He took the time to show and explain to us what the various foods were. Thanks Edwin for that. It was refreshing to be treated well. We certainly were and look forward to coming back again. Thanks for a truly Awesome time!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alricht

Thank you for the five-star review! We’re looking forward to welcoming you back time and time again. We will make sure to share your comments to our Rio Mar team members. #RiomarRenewed #LiveGrand

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

From the parrots greeting you at the front door to the couples massages. This resort pulls out all the stops. They have a nice restaurant on site and several more cost effective options on site which are beach front. I went for my birthday and my stay was nothing short of amazing. Bring your wallet because you will pay for all of the luxury amenities. The only drawback was it’s not alll inclusive and your stay outside of your room can get pretty pricey really quick.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

April, thank you so much for this outstanding review! We're thrilled to know that your birthday vacation with us was so wonderful. We hope we can welcome you back soon. #LiveGrand #RiomarRenewed