All reviews meal plan dive tech shore diving dive staff dive shop great dive valet diving dive vacation dive sites the cottages on site grand cayman non divers all inclusive package the wait staff ocean front suite kittiwake wreck
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Myself and my wife Denise who is wheelchair dependant had a 2 week visit here over the new year 2016. We were made to feel right at home by Arie and his staff. The hotel is very clear and tidy, food was great and they would cook things for you that were not on the menu! The staff were all very friendly and remembered you by name.

The disabled room was not perfect but we coped without to much trouble. The room was fine but the shower had a step up, needs to be level access but we managed so didn't spoil anything.

Colin at the bar was fantastic, funny and very chatty! He made the evenings fun as their is no entertainment of an evening.

We booked 12 days boat diving in advance. Reef divers had just taken over only weeks earlier but their professionalism showed as it looked like they had been there years! In the 12 days diving we did not visit the same dive site twice! Annie, Ben and John were awsome! Great divers and great company, they made the surface intervals fly past! They helped my wife on and off the boat and nothing was to much trouble! THANK YOU ALL!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liam C
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Arie, Colin and the entire team are always happy to make your stay with us an easy, but adventurous time! Reef Divers fits right in with our Cobalt Coast family and we're thrilled to hear you admired their professionalism and knowledge of the best dive spots. If you are ever in need of any accommodations, please don't hesitate to alert anyone at the resort. We're happy to try to figure out a resolution! See you again soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

If you don't want to deal with all the busyness if Seven Mile Beach Cobalt Coast is a great option. We stayed in the Garden Suites. Quiet and pretty with a full kitchen and plenty of room for a couple. Wouk be fine with a couple of kids too. Nice bar and restaurant on premises for those days when you just want an easy option.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Thank you for writing so kindly about our resort and your stay, MinnetonkaSunshine. Cobalt Coast is definitely a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and makes for quite a relaxing getaway! We're sure Colin took good care of you at the bar on your laid-back and easy days. We hope you come back again to see us soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We have had the good fortune to experience a number of hotels in varied locations. Arie is the best host we have ever met. We were allowed to attend a fine Christmas party, New Years party & another one on our night of arrival that we were cordially allowed to attend. We met Arie & interacted with him thru-out our stay & consider him one of our best friends. He set the standard for, & taught Reef Divers how to run a resort{ if they needed any hints }. Reef Divers conduct an extraordinary diving experience, I had the privilege of buddying with Nicola{very skilled Divemaster} who paid more attention to my safety than I usually do. She always brought us up a couple of strokes away from the ladder & made sure I didn't drop my new aqualung slingshots( which I could still probably use some practice with ). Nic guided me thru the park in a manner that allowed spectacular viewing of Conchs, Rays, Sharks, Turtles & other sea life that chose just the right time to show up. Susan snorkeled from the boat while we scuba-ed. Reef Divers & Arie's Cobalt Coast provided an experience that is as good as possible.

Room tip: 2nd Floor was our choice, it may not be yours...Arie made sure it did what it was supposed to do !
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan P
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Arie and our entire staff, both on the boats or up on shore, are here to make sure you have a spectacular vacation, ThTravlXspurt! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This is the second trip to Cobalt Coast and the fact that I came back tells you that I do enjoy the place. The food is good. The resort is a great place to come diving. The reef is a bit of a surface swim but worth the swim. You would burn a lot of air without the surface swim. They are constantly cleaning the common areas. The staff is friendly. Colin the bartender greeted me with "Welcome back, Milo" and went on with his friendly banter like I was there yesterday. He is definitely a lot of fun! The rooms are very clean and well decorated. We stayed in the cottages and I love staying there! They have plenty of cooking utensils (I have stayed in places where you have a kitchen but can't really cook anything) and we enjoyed having bbq's on the deck at night after a day of diving. There is a dishwasher with soap to make cleanup easier.

Beds are comfortable, showers are hot with plenty of pressure. Rooms are a nice size. The living room is also decent sized with a nice porch. There is plenty of lighting.

If you look at the websites pictures they are a good representation of the resort.

The onsite dive shop Reef Divers were awesome. Julia, Nicola, Annie, John, and Ben treated my dive group and the other divers very well!!! They have a great chemistry together that made this trip one of my favorites. I review them in more detail on their individual review.

Wifi is spotty outside the cottages but good when you walk to the pool area.

I definitely recommend diving at Cobalt Coast Resort!

A word on my review of "value". I gave the an "average" review but that is subjective. Grand Cayman is an expensive place in general. There are other places in the Caribean that I would say are cheaper. However, if the question is rephrased to "Value for Grand Cayman" I have to say it was an excellent value. Accommodations, staff, cleanliness, diving were all excellent.

Room tip: Cottages are very nice if you want to cook for yourself. They are also close to the dive shop. go to Fosters for food to cook.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Sounds like your stay with us was like a "home away from home," milo1339! Valet diving with Reef Divers has been a big hit as you mentioned and we appreciate you giving a shout-out to Colin at the bar and Julia, Nicola, Annie, John, and Ben with Reef Divers! We are very proud of our team and it means so much for them to hear that our guests appreciate their efforts. Hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This is our second stay at Cobalt Coast and we will go back. It is a great small resort that caters to divers (or just stay and relax).

The dive shop on site has just recently changed hands and is now Reef Divers. We dove with them on Cayman Brac so great to see them again on the big island. We did two morning dives and an afternoon dive from shore everyday.

I have to say the house reef which is call School House Reef was outstanding. We did have some current but we say great things everyday. HUGE schools of fish, puffer fish, lemon ray, filefish. On the last day we dove the reef we had the best dive. EAGLE RAY swimming! AND 3 turtles together eating all able to get in one picture! Outstanding!

Ari the owner (he has just sold to Reef Divers but will be staying on for a awhile) is awesome. He is so hard working and wants everyone to have a wonderful time.

Ahead of time I had shared that I needed gluten free so the chef had gluten free bread and waffles on hand which was really nice. We had New Year's Eve dinner here and it was really special with pumpkin soup, lobster and a lovely creme brûlée.

The rooms are nice size, we stayed in the junior suite, with a living room area, big bathroom and large bedroom. I like that they have a good size refriderator so we could go to grocery store and have a few things in our room.

My only complaint is the bathrooms they do need a facelift. They need to updated.

We will go back to Cobalt Coast and recommend to our friends.

Room tip: We liked the junior suites with ocean view on the second floor
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Your review definitely put a smile on our faces, kmalmberg1! We're happy you were able to experience Reef Divers on Grand Cayman - it's great having them on the Cobalt Coast team. It sounds like your dives were just short of a dream and we'd love to see that picture of the three turtles and the eagle ray! You can post it on our Facebook page for the chance to score a 'Dive. Share. Repeat.' t-shirt. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you back again soon!