“Great place”

Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in West Bay
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Food was amazing and the service was great. Fun, wind blowing through and we loved it and will be back. Got to say hello to the owner and was shocked that the owner was there and actually working.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I was visiting with friends and had a very unpleasant experience with the hostess who I found out was one of the owners. Very rude and uninterested in her customers as we and others would arrive and be seated. Whether I’m paying a lot or a little, I would expect to feel welcome. I did not. Nor did another group who we spoke with. Next night we ended up going someplace else and what a difference. No need for rudeness. Even if you’re having a bad day. I will never return.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying my husband and I have been going to this restaurant For Uber twenty years. The food is always good, the ambience is gorgeous but the owner/hostess is incredibly rude and unhelpful. This past visit will be our last.
We went last week. I said to the owner/hostess ‘ we will be here in November w 11 ppl. We would like to get a table for all of us’. Her without looking up at me ‘can’t promise you anything. U might get a table
together or you might not’. Me ‘well if I make the reservation now that should be enough time to arrange a table to seat all of us’. Her ‘ November is my busy time (no it’s not ) so I’m not going to promise you anything (all said without looking up). She was so rude. Then when we were leaving after having finished our meals she didn’t thank us for coming nor did she enquirer how our meals were. Done with Calyoso.

4  Thank Voyage756406
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Located on a dock, this was a beautiful setting for our anniversary dinner. We ordered the calamari/shrimp to start, which was perfect. The sauce that they are served in is delicious. For our main courses, I had the rack of lamb and my husband had the Snapper Montecarlo - a piece of snapper with scallops and shrimp. We both had mashed potatoes and veggies on the side. My lamb was full of flavor and served in a tomato butter sauce, which was delish. My husband's snapper was amazing (I don't even like fish, but it was so tasty) though it was small. If not for the 2 pieces of shrimp and scallops on the side (and some of my lamb), it definitely would not have filled him up. For dessert, we had the chocolate bread pudding (AMAZING) and a latte and cappuccino (which is served with a biscotti) which were the perfect ending to the meal. It was quite pricey, even for Cayman, but it was one of the best meals we had while visiting. Certainly recommend as a treat or special occasion!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We love Calypso Grill. We have lunch at Calypso at least 3 times a week. Calypso Grill is located right on the water and we love the view. The food is delicious, the menu varied, and daily specials are always available. The service is excellent and we always are made to feel welcome.