“Nice Thai Food”

Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Chadstone
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Street Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Now Everyone Can Enjoy The Best of THAI Food! D'elephant Thai Cuisine is an Australian owned casual dining restaurant set to offer affordable and authentic Thai food throughout Australia. Launched in late 2014, the founders who are very passionate about authentic Thai food have noticed a gap in the market when they themselves could not get true Thai food that doesn't cost a fortune for their whole family. With experience in similar ventures, they decided to bring the elephant, aptly name D'elephant to Australia. D'elephant provides a modern Thai ambience that is casual and comfortable for the whole family to enjoy a delicious & healthy meal. Nothing screams more authentic than the dishes featuring true Thai ingredients, cooked to order by Thai chefs and served by Thai waiting staff. D'elephant team prides in being truly Thai people, who can create the latest Thai dining experience and educate consumers of the modern Thai culture. Learn & satisfy you Thai food cravings at D'elephant, opening across metro Australia neighbourhoods soon!
Reviewed 20 December 2016

The serve is quite generous and reasonably priced. The food and service are good too. We went there on Tuesday afternoon around 12:30 pm. It was not too busy and we were offered a seat straight away. But somehow I felt like it was really noisy inside the restaurant. Must be the music.

Ashley T, Public Relations Manager at D'elephant Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Hi CLO2509,

Thank you for your compliments on our food and service! Also thank you for the feedback on the atmosphere and the music in our restaurant, we will pass on your feedback to the management team. Would love to have you again! Have a jolly jolly Christmas!

There are newer reviews for D'elephant Thai

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I brought my daughter here for a quick dinner. She ordered a Thai style tea drink which she tried and did not like as it had a funny aftertaste to it. I tried it and agreed with her so neither of us drunk it. The food came and was average. When finished our meals the waiter cleared the table and took my glass and my daughters which was still full and looked untouched. She put my glass into a tray which looked like it was full of dirty dishes but placed my daughter's to the side next to a sink. I then saw she took a bottle which was full of the tea next to the glass and walked off. Later while we were walking out I noticed her pouring it back into the jar to be served to someone else. I did not say anything as I was quite horrified by what I saw and just wanted to leave. Not only had I paid for that drink which they would serve to someone else but we had also drunk out of it. I am thinking of taking this further with the health department but I guess it will end up just being my word against theirs and I'm sure they will deny doing it.

3  Thank Normals

Dear Normals,

First of all, we thank you and are humbled by your visit to our restaurant just recently. We would also like to apologise that your dining experience was an underwhelming one.

Regarding to the Thai Tea matter, if you will be so kind to provide the date and time that you dined in. We take this matter very seriously, and will investigate via our CCTV footages.

We would like to also clarify that our restaurant D'Elephant Thai, has always maintained a very strict rule and very high standards on Foods & Drinks Safety, which includes "NEVER reusing anything that has been served to customers prior".
Also a gentle note that it is just not possible to pour the Thai tea back into the jar because - The drink you were served had additional sugar syrup; whereas our Thai tea in a jar is PURELY Thai Tea with NO additional sugar. (Due to some customer requests such as no additional sugar or less sweet drinks, so we custom made drinks to customer request. Not only that, it is to further ensure that the Thai tea contents in the jar is compatible for other drinks recipe)

In saying these, I would like to again request your help in providing the date and time you dined with us, and we will investigate immediately. You can get in contact with us by messaging us on Facebook, or even email us at INFO@DELEPHANT.COM.AU

Thank you so much and we await your replies. Have a great Christmas!!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

One step up from the food court. It's reasonably priced however, food and service is average and atmosphere is nonexistent (very noisy). You are better off going to Glennwaverly for Thai.

Ashley T, Public Relations Manager at D'elephant Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

Hi there, we are humbled by your visit to our restaurant. Thank you for the review as we take all feedbacks seriously.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I had eaten here before and thought I would give it another try and see if it was a once off that the food was terrible. But no it was terrible again, the curries look ok but both noodle dishes I have ordered from here were covered in oil and had no flavour at all other than oil. Also received chicken skewers that were raw in the middle. Stay clear, there is now decent places to eat here after the recent renovation to shopping centre, so why bother with this place.

1  Thank MelbourneFed

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for visiting us and and leaving a review, as your feedback is highly valued. Let us apologise for your disappointing dining experience with us. If you would be so kind to send an email to info@delephant.com.au or drop a message on our Facebook page to allow us to investigate further? We appreciate your assistance to help us keep up with the standards of our products. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

My wife had an appointment close by so we decided to drop into Chadstone Shopping Centre ,walk around and look at the improvements and have some dinner which was on a Thursday night.

We decided to eat at this Thai Restaurant which has both indoor and outdoor seating.

I ordered one of my favourite dishes which is Pad Thai Prawn and my wife had Basil Prawn Stir Fry and Rotti with Satay. Meals were very good but it certainly not the best I've dined at in melbourne.

I enjoyed my meal with one of my favourite beers Chang.

Despite how busy they were, service was friendly and efficient and meals arrived promptly. There was always a small queue of diners waiting to enter.

3  Thank tommomelbourne

Hi there,

Thank you for your compliments and kind comments! :) They motivate us to be the best we can be to please our customers. We hope to see you again soon!

ps. Chang is also one of my favourite beers! ;)