“Amazing meal in a fantastic setting”

Ristorante Gattogiallo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Fantastic meal in a stunning setting. The food is very fresh and local. They are creative with their palate. The flavours are subtle but distinct. We left the wine choice to the staff and they suggested an excellent pairing.

The staff are very friendly and helpful; they are warm and genuine. The setting is a patio overlooking the farm and the Umbrian hills. It is calm and peaceful. We finished dinner and watched the sunset over the hills and Montegabbione lit up in the distance. It was superb.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Fresh, high quality Italian food! I have been a regular to the Gatto Giallo for a few years by now and yet I am always anew surprised when I treat myself to a meal there. And I believe it is Alessandro's passion for excellent food that one can taste with every bite - starting with the home backed bread and finishing perhaps with a glass of a rather distinguished and unusual grappa.
As I am vegetarian, Alessandro, the chef, is always happy to suggest a dish that might not be on the menu, but since he has the fresh produce handy, to concoct something special and delicious (even though the regular menu does always offer wonderful vegetarian choices).
Friends and family who enjoyed fish and meat courses at the restaurant still marvel about the quality and creativity (e.g. Oxtail, a meat not often served anymore, but left a big, positive impression with my friends.
The Gatto Giallo offer great food, a lovely atmosphere and a service that makes you feel truly at ease to enjoy what you'll find on your plate.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

This restaurant is set away from the road outside the town of Montegabbione and also has accommodation there. The location overlooks the valley above which the town stands.
The restaurant itself has terraces outside (it was raining when we went so we were indoors) and the inside is wooden panelled.
Service was excellent even though the evening proved to be very busy with parties of locals arriving. Probably best booking in advance.
Lots of local wines on offer and the food is good. I was actually wanting something other than meat on this occasion and perhaps went for too much shellfish (mussels and then tagliatelle with clams - these dishes were a little too salty for my taste). my other half had an excellent courgette flan and prosciutto.
Overall a very good and enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Took clients for a meal, great location with fab views. Very friendly and professional staff. The food was lovely, and the price - quality relationship was prefect. Highly recommend starters and pasta dishes.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We had a group of nine people who dined here one evening and we all enjoyed it tremendously. The ambiance, sitting on the patio as night fell, was truly special. Food was great! Because our group was so large, we were served family style, which was fun because we all got to taste everything. And every bite was good! We recommend the trip into the countryside to eat at Gattogiallo and we will definitely be back next time.