Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
US$103
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews main town min walk nice breakfast comfy bed enjoyable stay stayed for nights laid back private beach sandra clifton mayreau fridge island nets tranquility
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

In all my years of travelling I have never encountered such behaviour from a hotelier.

Having read all the positive reviews, we were looking forward to our two night stopover in Union at The Islanders Inn.

We met Clyde and his wife 3 days earlier and they let us leave one case with them whilst we stayed on Mayreau before returning for a further 2 nights.

On our return we were greeted by Clyde and his wife , we even presented them with a pineapple as they kindly looked after our case. The atmosphere was quite jovial and Clyde asked us if we were eating with him that night, we felt a little pressured, but as the hotel is quite isolated, we decided to eat there. I made a joke which Clyde totally misunderstood , and took offence at. The atmosphere changed dramatically, I apologised, but decided I did not want to eat there as there was clearly an atmosphere. When I told Clyde, I’d changed my mind about eating that evening . He went berserk, and told him we weren’t welcome and to leave immediately. At one stage he threatened to “Mash” me. Only 5 minutes earlier his wife requested the final EC$170 which I duly paid. I requested this money back which he refused. So he’d taken my money in full and was throwing me out at 5.00pm .

Next morning I went to the Tourist office to complain about the treatment. They were horrified and immediately got in touch with the police. We then went with the police and a representative from Tourist office back to see Clyde and request a refund. Both he and his wife gave an entirely different story to the police, at one stage calling me a drunk. He refused to any form of refund.

A follow up to this story.

This case was handed to the main Tourist Office in St Vincent’s who were not happy with his behaviour and actions , I think they leant on him to make a refund I received EC$84, which represents 15% of the money I paid. However I did receive a nice letter from the Tourist office apologising for Clyde’s behaviour saying his behaviour is not representative of the rest of the Islanders. This we found to be true as everyone else we ventured on were absolutely charming.

Please feel free to look at previous Trip Advisor reports I’ve posted , all of which are balanced, truthful and fair.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank philb689
Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

I found my very own piece of paradise at The Islanders Inn. The sky always reflected by the aquamarine sea and the white sand beach was just what I wished for. Clyde and Sandra were just the right couple to host this paradise, authentic, real and welcoming. If you are lucky you may be treated to one of Clyde's special and delicious dinners.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2018

Visited Union Island in November 2018.
The locals on the walk route to town were very friendly. We always felt safe.
If you ever visit Union Island, I definitely recommend you stay at the Islanders Inn.
Verandah
Visited Union Island in November 2018.
We re-located ourselves from the substandard Bourganvilla Hotel as recommended by Hotels.com, after a say 3 hours to the Islanders Inn Hotel which I sourced myself.
Islanders Inn is a wonderful place to stay. It is located with a few minutes’ walk to the beach. If you want peace and quiet this is the place to be and as private as you want it to be.
The hotel rooms are very clean and for the 7 days we were at the hotel, the room and bed linen/shower room was cleaned; exceptional. We stayed in the twin room, which was more than adequate for our stay. However no A/c in our room but a fan was supplied. As well as basic utensils in our room; kettle/cups/plates and cutlery.
The walk to town is a 10min hike up hill, not for the faint hearted, but we considered it a good work out, better than going to the Gym. Be sure to carry a torch with you if returning in the dark walking back down the hill.
The locals on the walk route to town were very friendly. We always felt safe.
The owners Clyde and Sandy are brilliant hosts, any information as to regards to the island, places to visits and restaurants, Clyde was always at hand. Very hospitable host and were happy to oblige any of our requests.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is a lovely special spot. Quiet with a gorgeous view. Nice natural beach right in front. Rooms are simple and perfectly decorated (lovely artistic touches) and set up with everything you need. Walk into town is fine (10-15min) up and down as is everywhere on the island! We loved Union Island and staying at the Islander Inn made it really great. We had the privilege of being the only guests there. Sandra and Clyde were amazing hosts. They made sure everything we wanted happened (Tobago Cays, Chatham Bay - yay for Mr. Pleasure!) and also my wife’s amazing bday lobster dinner. Great hosts, awesome spot, love, love. We hope to come back soon!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrfdte
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Our stay at The Islander's Inn really contributed to our fantastic stay on Union Island and in the Grenadines.
The location is perfect, a little off town, having their 'own' large beach in front of the hotel.
The view from the spacy room towards the sea and the Mayreau island was just wonderful.
The nice sound of the waves were always present.
Personal and good service and help from Clyde and his wife whenever needed.

Room tip: Our room, with a large balcony, on 1st floor had a beautiful sea view.
Date of stay: February 2018