Palm Island Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
David's Beach Hotel(Union Island)
View Hotel
Petit St. Vincent Resort(Petit St.Vincent)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Carriacou Grand View(Carriacou Island)
Ade's Dream(Hillsborough)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Laurena(Carriacou Island)
1,439 results
All reviewspink ladytobago cayspalm island resortrum punchother guestsbeachfront roomsunset grillmain beachsand fliesfishour honeymoonthe general managerbug spraychef bakaall inclusive resortday tripst lucia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2017

The pluses here are the location, ambience and service. You have an uncrowded beautiful location, great beach, great service personnel who will do almost anything to address any wishes you might have. The snorkeling is great right off the dock. Top shelf liquors in the bar. In exchange, you will find you have to accept some things that are not customary elsewhere. Wifi is only available in the office and library. there should be a restroom in the library area so you don't have to walk back to your room. The resort furnishes its own electric and water. The electric goes off twice a day making the non-battery alarm clocks useless. The water is shut off late at night. A man told me he went to the pool with his trash bucket late to flush his toilet. These things happen because of equipment maintenance required. The rooms are a bit dated, showing a little wear. In my room, the phone did not work, sink stopper did not work, ironing board did not fit its hanger. The closet is small. they could use a few more hooks around the room. The food service seemed to be spotty, good when supervision was present, but falling off other times. Particularly annoying was the birds in the restaurant during breakfast. This would be condemned by inspectional services anywhere else. The birds are bold. I was seated and had my bacon scooped off my plate right in front of me. Another time I had two of them in my beer mug. Plus they're leaving their white spots here and there. Another problem is the insects. I am still treating bites I received after falling asleep on the beach two and a half weeks ago. They provide sprays in your room and a warning card which I should have paid more attention to. I have been around the world dealing with insects, and never have had the experience I had on Palm Island, even on my previous visit, so I didn't take the warnings seriously. The flies can leave you with a blistering rash that takes weeks to resolve. The worst times are between 4pm and 7pm. The retired doctor living on the island was good enough to lend me some antihistimines, which helped, but I had to see a dermatologist when I got home. He told me the flies are all over the island and he had to send a man home because he was covered with blisters. The formerly private beach is now open to the public, by law. This takes away from the former exclusivity with rental catamarans and cruise ship excursions starting to become evident. Right now, its still a quiet beach but in the future there may be more people arriving.

Room Tip: See if you can get an ocean view with patio
7  Thank pvalen
GuestAmbassador01, Manager at Palm Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experiences at Palm Island Resort & Spa! We take great pride in our beautiful property, and we were delighted to see that you were impressed with our pristine grounds and tranquil ambiance. Though we sincerely apologize if your enjoyment was dampened by inconsistent service. We always strive to provide our guests with the best possible service, and we are very sorry if this was not the case in your instance. Your comments have been forwarded to our staff & management team for further review.

In addition, we are very sorry if your holiday was inconvenienced by insect bites. At Palm Island Resort & Spa, we routinely spray our grounds in the evenings/early mornings to rid our grounds of pesky mosquitos and sand flies. We will continue to monitor this issue and apply any additional-needed insecticide.

On behalf of our Palm Island Resort & Spa team, thank you very much for your insightful feedback! We sincerely hope you grant us a second chance to provide you with an ideal holiday experience in the future.

Best regards,

Palm Island Resort & Spa, The Grenadines
Staff & Management

Reviewed 7 February 2017

The beaches are fabulous along with great ocean swimming and snorkeling. Two restaurants and bars, very friendly staff and service, all inclusive includes meals, drinks, and non motorized water sports. Short boat trip to Tobago Cays (Captain Yannis catamaran) which offers great snorkeling and swimming with the turtles is a must. No cars and beach hawkers as it is a very private island. The food is really good especially the fresh fish. Lunch at the Sunset beach restaurant is exceptionally good. Managers Katie and Ed are very helpful to enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Water front rooms # 7 to 19 are my favorites as you can hear the ocean waves which is very relaxing.
Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Bill246
Reviewed 7 February 2017

How do you best describe simple perfection? Wonderful fellowship with all of our new friends and guests and possibly the best staff I have had the pleasure of knowing. Spectacular beaches and warm clear waters. Never crowded Quite times. Happy evenings. Awesome dining. Peace. Rest. Disconnect. Walks, climbs, swims and bike rides. Hidden hammocks.
This was a wonderful vacation in a very special place. Quickly works it's way into your heart and mind. Travel intensive but well worth a couple of long travel days. Short flight from St. Lucia to Union was an adventure in it's own.
Beach Front rooms are literally steps from the beach. Room was clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Really nice loungers.
Going back.....you betcha! The best compliment that any resort can be paid is by the number of guests who return. In the case of Palm Island these return trips have be going on for many, many years.

6  Thank relayer2
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We had 10 days here and really enjoyed our stay. The island is big enough to find different places to swim, snorkel and just to read, amongst people or away from people. We used the bikes each day to ride to our favourite cove and snorkelled and read books. One day we went on the Pink Lady for a snorkelling trip to the Tobago Cays and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We stayed in a Beach Villa which was perfect for us, right beside the beach and I could see the sun setting while I had a shower in the evening! No need for anything larger.
The food was very good. We preferred the Sunset restaurant for lunch. Plenty of choice and more relaxing.
The staff were very good too. A lot of people return here, year after year and I can see why. Being all inclusive except for excursions and spa facilities works well. You don't have to sign for food and drinks!
We normally stay on an island for 7 nights but we felt 10 was better for this island because it is a little more time consuming getting here by plane.
Loved our stay and met some really nice people, mainly Brits, Americans and Canadians, who were all really friendly.

Room Tip: We preferred the Beach Villas.
1  Thank vanessamL7034WZ
Reviewed 2 February 2017

So go on line and take a look. This was the first time that the real thing was better than what was advertised. From the rooms to the beaches and the restaurant to the pool all 1st class. And the staff were some of the most beautiful people I've ever met. The other guests we met there were warm and friendly. We will be coming back for 2 weeks this time. Great memories

Room Tip: all the rooms were very nice and well appointed
4  Thank learjet1300