Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$493
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$685
US$406
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$563/night.

The Sands at Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$494
Ports of Call Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$258
The Venetian on Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$1,068
The Regent Grand(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$615
The Tuscany(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$945
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$738
Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$738
All reviewsthrough vrboallied managementsuite margaritagrocery storewithin walking distancecoco bistromanagement companyfull kitchengrace bay beachrented a carfirst floorrestaurants and shopsturks caicospool barsalt millsocean frontdaily maid service
Reviewed 19 June 2010

May 31-June 6, 2010. My mom and I take a mother/daughter trip every couple of years, and while we have traveled to some wonderful places (cruises, Europe, etc.), most of those trips have been somewhat hurried...rushing from one tour to the next, sightseeing, etc. This time we decided we wanted a vacation away from it all - from work, telephone calls, the daily demands of life etc. I had always wanted to visit Turks and Caicos, and after reading all of the wonderful reviews of Villa Renaissance, we decided to stay there. The resort exceeded our expectations!

The entire experience of our trip was fantastic..from the booking of the trip through our last day. We booked the trip through Andrea, and she was great at answering all of our questions and sending us a list of activities and restaurant recommendations in advance. When we arrived at the resort, Gorgeous greeted us with a big smile, Skip served my mom and I a frozen cocktail, and then Gorgeous gave us a tour of our room and told us all about the resort ammenities.

We stayed in room 305, and it was beautiful...back balcony overlooked the pool, with a large front balcony overlooking white sands and emerald water...just stunning. The decorating in the room was beautiful...a very cozy living room, a fully stocked kitchen, and both bedrooms had plenty of room with beds that you would want to sleep late in if the rest of the resort wasn't so inviting!

I read a lot of the other reviews about how quiet this resort is, and I couldn't agree more. This is one of the reasons we loved it so much! If you are looking for a place that has a lot of nightlife, lots people, water sport activities, and activities for kids, then you may want to stay somewhere else. But, if you are looking to get away from the crowds, spend time on a gorgeous beach on a comfortable chair with an umbrella and have a friendly staff that is always smiling and wanting to ensure you have a great stay, then this is the place for you!

While my mom and I spent most of our time at the resort (there is a grocery store within walking distance, so we cooked a few meals in our condo), Gorgeous and Shereen gave us some great restaurant recommendations. Our favorite was Coco Bistro, although we also loved Vix and Lemon. Hemingways is a great place for lunch and just a short walk down the beach. While we enjoyed the music at the Conch Shack, and this would be a fun place to go have drinks with a group, we were disappointed in the food.

We also took the recommendation of the staff, and Shereen booked us on the Caicos Dream Tour. This is a wonderful 4 hour tour, and the boat picks you up right on the beach. We went snorkling and swimming for conch shells, which were later made into ceviche. They even give you the empty conch sell, which Villa Renaissance cleaned for us so that we wouldn't have smelly luggage!

We didn't get the opportunity to use the Spa service because we spent every day either at the pool or beach (I think my feet are still wrinkly from all the water), but we definitely plan on using the spa next time we come.

I wish I could remember all of the names of the staff that helped us enjoy our stay since everyone was so friendly. The resort was fantastic, but the friendliness of the staff makes it feel like home. Overall, our experience was wonderful, and I can't wait to return hopefully in the near future. Thank you Villa Renaissance...now if I can only maintain this state of relaxation until my next visit!

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank secgirl
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed here from June 3 – June 10, and were married on the beach in front of the hotel on June 6th. This hotel is VERY quiet! We could not believe how quiet it was. There is a little bar by the pool and the front staff is accommodating and helpful. Our room was a first floor ocean front suite, it had a great view, a kitchen with everything we needed, granite, stainless steel appliances, flat screen TV’s, large master and bathroom. It was perfect. The beach is beautiful and pretty much empty!!!

You can easily walk to small shops, a VERY close liquor store, and several little restaurants from VR. We enjoyed breakfast a few days at the Saltmills Café which is right across the street. My husband and I did walk to the large Graceway Gourmet down the road (about a 10 minute walk) but it was not fun bringing everything back! We used the hotel’s bikes after that. The hotel has bikes you can borrow for free, and we used them a lot! We would also recommend renting a car if you are going to be going around the island a lot, as taxi’s did start getting expensive.

The only bad thing was we were robbed on our 2nd to last night at the hotel. The burglars broke in through the patio door while we were sleeping and stole my purse, our wallets (with our whole lives in them basically), jewelry, camera, and other valuables we had in sight in the living room. They did not bother us, and no one was hurt. The resort was absolutely amazing at helping us through this, and we could not have made it through the ordeal without them, and Nicola from Allied Management and her sweet staff. The police came and took fingerprints and a statement, we did find out that this had NEVER occurred at VR, and everyone was completely shocked. My husband and I would STRONGLY recommend locking ALL, and we mean ALL purses, wallets, valuables, etc in the safe, and leaving nothing of value in sight. We will be back on our first anniversary regardless of this.

We also booked our parasailing trip through the front desk and it was amazing!!!! The boat came and picked us up from the beach at the hotel and off we went for a beautiful parasailing adventure. The views from the sky are breathtaking!!!!

We also snorkled right out front of our hotel, we saw fish, sting rays, conch shells, sand dollars, etc. SO much fun!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bronze8584
Reviewed 14 June 2010

All the reviews do not lie. Villa Renaissance and Grace Bay live up to all the expectations. Quiet beaches, clear blue water, excellent restaurants. There are starfish, conch shells and stingray close to shore.

We stayed at Unit 501 found on VRBO, and had an excellent experience with the owner, who emailed lots of tips and answered any questions we had before leaving.
Mel, the hostess while there, was great as well, showing us around the apartment and offering help whenever we needed it. We had a rental car for a day and toured the island. Lunch at Las Brisas on Chalk Sound is a must. The views and the food are wonderful. Forget about "The Hole" which is apparently an attraction on the island, it's a big, big disappointment.

There is a modern grocery store close by, a short five minute walk. Some prices were similar, some things more expensive, but not as bad as we thought it would be after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. Souvenir shops, a bakery and excursion offices are all close by. We booked a tour with Caicos Dream Tours, snorkeling the barrier reef and we're so glad we did that. The reef is amazing.

We bought water to drink, or boiled it for five minutes and let it cool. It smells and tastes funny otherwise.

The airport is crazy on Saturday and Sunday, it was a zoo! Really small, warm and chaotic. Apparently it's not so bad during the week. Luckily they are planning to renovate soon, and are collecting $20p.p. from all travellers leaving the island for the new airport. We gladly paid it, hoping that if we visit again in a few years it will be much improved.

All I have left to say is, "Go, you will not be disappointed!"

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelNFV
Reviewed 5 June 2010

My family and I have been here for three days so far and it is absolutely awesome. The receptionists have been great at getting us reservations and recommending restaurants and excursions that are affordable and only just a walk away from the hotel. The stretch of grace bay beach is absolutely amazing. Crystal clear blue waters with fine white sand, pictures don't do it justice. The hotel is very open and they gave us an upgrade to a 3 bedroom oceanview when we originally booked for a two bedroom. My family conistists of me (18) and my 15, and 20 year old brothers and then the two parents. It is perfectly relaxing but there is still plenty to do and see. Restaurants and bars close by and the hotel is right on the beach. We love it here. The only downside is the bugs, we've been getting bit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Smcmanus7
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We got married in May at the Villa Renaissance. We used Diane from Island Harmony as our wedding planner, and she was outstanding!!! We had never been to Turks & Caicos before but saw on Trip Advisor that VR was #1. We contacted Diane and started planning from there! We were slightly apprehensive about going to such a lovely, quiet, relaxing, and romantic location, knowing we were bringing 60 of our closest friends and family with us...who are respectful partiers but who definitely can be loud. Everything was perfect. Skip greeted everyone with a cold drink as they arrived, and made sure to have plenty more available the entire week. The hotel bar didn't carry Bud Light, but soon did after the Bud Light drinkers arrived:). All of our guests could not be more pleasantly surprised and impressed with their rooms. The rooms are not your traditional hotel rooms. One was better than the next. That was actually one of my favorite things as new guests arrived, to check out each room. You totally feel at home at the VR. The rooms enable you to relax because you have all the amenities (and more) that you would have at home...stainless full kitchen, dining room, and balcony. I would definitely recommend the ocean front rooms...the view of the ocean is breathtaking, and I promise will be a memory you will never forget. Shereen and Gorgeous at the front desk were the best! They were so friendly, made sure to get to know everyone, and went above and beyond to make everything perfect for us. They offered great ideas of places to go, etc. Junior, the manager, delivered us all breakfast in our rooms, which was included in the package since we had such a large crowd....definitely see what deals they can offer you if you go in a large group. The pool was great....large and relaxing! The beach was unbelievable. T&C really has the best water we've seen. In looking at pictures now, it's hard to tell whether we were in the pool or the ocean, it was that blue and clear. The VR beachfront made a PERFECT location for our wedding. They have a great boardwalk that I walked down to the beach, and we had the wedding right on the sand. It's been a month since the wedding and everyone still cannot stop talking about how great it was! I already know it will be something everyone will talk about forever...all of our guests really enjoyed their stay at the VR. My husband and I stayed for another week after the wedding. It was amazing how it transformed into the place we read about, relaxing, quiet, and absolutely paradise...perfect for a honeymoon. We loved that as perfect as the VR was, it was able to accommodate our large group or just the two of us. We are already planning to book our next trip to go back....thinking November:)

Some things to note:
The Gourmet Grocery is walking distance, but a little too far to walk with groceries. We recommend getting a rental car for at least a day (we had ours most of the 2 wks we were there). We recommend Grace Bay Car Rental, $39/day and will drop off and pick up the car for you. Here's some restaurants we really enjoyed:
Bay Bistro: about to write a review next...they catered our wedding
Anacaona: VERY expensive but worth it for one fancy night
Grace's Cottage: Romantic atmosphere, although pricey
Cocoa Bistro: Beautiful setting within palm trees
Parallel 23: Expensive but great food...definitely ask for the terrace
Da Conch Shack: In Blue Hills so will need a cab...great conch and a "must do" if you go to T&C
Yoshi's: if you like sushi, across from the VR
Hemingway's: OK food, but a cool atmosphere right on the water, good for lunch, not as expensive as others

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple