“They charge you for EVERYTHING”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked our trip through Expedia. I generally fly Southwest Airlines but flights were pretty pricey so I looked elsewhere for a better deal. I booked tickets for myself (with a lap child), my 5 year old, 7 year old and my mother. I did not know at the time of booking that the name on my mom's ID was her first, maiden name and last name. I assumed that it was her first, middle and last. When I called to see about changing it (literally right after I booked it and sent the itinerary to my parents) they wanted to charge me $150 to change her name. That is about the same amount that I paid for the tickets. Then about 2 months later, I called to see about getting a seat with extra leg room because I had torn my Achilles tendon and am in a walking boot. That is $35 more to reserve a seat, even though it's for medical purposes. My mom has a military ID with the correct name on it, so I called to see if that would suffice for getting through security etc. The guy on the phone was pleasant and went ahead and changed her name without charging me, which was very nice of him. BUT THEN when it came time to check in for our flight, I checked in online and if you want to choose your seats, you have to PAY. I went ahead and took the gamble of letting the airline choose our seats because I could not afford the $25 per seat fee that they were asking. When the check in went through, they had assigned each of us in the same seat, different rows. Ex) Row 22,23,24,25 seat E. WHAAAAT?! I am traveling with small children, why on earth would you book us in different rows, when there are seats available in the same row? I called and was given a hard time about it and was told that I should have reserved our seats. I kindly explained that I am traveling with small children, one of which has special needs and cannot be in a row by himself. After some back and forth, they changed our seats to the same row.
Maybe I've been spoiled by Southwest Airlines, but all of these fees and hidden fees for EVERYTHING is absolutely ridiculous. You have to pay for luggage, you have to pay for a carry on, you have to pay for reserving a seat, for name changes etc. I will never fly with Frontier again. Ever. And I haven't even physically been on the plane yet. So I will probably (hopefully not) have more to say after our trip.

Date of travel: April 2018
2  Thank Kathryn C
Write a ReviewReviews (9,647)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We flew frontier for the first time as hesitating after all reviews here. After flight I could not believe all the complaints here about charging for soda and chips. Be fair. You get much cheaper ticket than other airlines.

The flight was on time and we landed before scheduled time, crew was friendly and seats were as expected...Overall great experience. Definitely recommend.

Date of travel: April 2018
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 4 April 2018

A terrible experience from the gate to the plane...and unfortunately, I had to use the airline to fly home. This was the low point of a downhill relationship flying on Frontier. It started off ok...and got worse every time I flew. Never again...even though I have over 58,000 miles in my account.

Date of travel: May 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Most uncomfortable flight ever. Seats made my back hurt! You have to pay for every damn thing on with this airline... Baggage fees are too much might as well fly somewhere else where you will be comfortable.

Date of travel: March 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The amount of the ticket is nice but this airlines makes up for the low airfare with all of the baggage fees $45.00 for one way for a carry on bag, so we ended up paying $180.00 extra dollars for our carry on bags. When I booked my flight nothing came up about their baggage fees. Also, I was not able to select our seats, they chose our seats for us and on the flight home they separated my 13 year old daughter and I, luckily another passenger changed seats with us so I could sit by her. The other problem with this airline is they want to charge you for drinks and snacks. They don't even offer you complimentary soda/water and peanuts and pretezel on your flight. I will never use this airline again.

Date of travel: March 2018