“Pay as you go”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 22 September 2017

With Frontier, you basically pay for what is important to you. You get a good rate on a flight, but you will have other expenses depending on what you need or want. If you want to choose your seat, you pay a little more. If you have luggage, you pay for that. If you want something to drink on your flight, you pay for that. But if you basically want to get from point A to point B, this is great. Our flights were on time, the staff was pleasant and helpful, and the luggage was off loaded quicker than other flights I have been on. They do offer you their credit card on the flight but there is no pressure to take an application at all. I was pleased enough after my flight that I joined their Discount Den for even better deals on future flights. They will credit your miles retro-actively if you sign up within 180 days of your flight. You might need a receipt or boarding pass to get those points, so hold on to them for a little while. I did not need them but the website says you might. Frontier has just earned a repeat customer!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,518)

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I will never fly Frontier again, when I purchased the tickets on Kayak, I paid for a round trip flight for two people, the layover was an hour and a half for the tickets I purchased which would put us at the last airport at a reasonable hour so we could rent our car and drive 3 more hours to our destination.

A month later my husband and I got a notice that the flight schedule had changed and the layover that was an hour and a half changed to SEVEN hours. I called Frontier to get this fixed or find another flight and they told me that there were no other flights for days before or after our scheduled trip and there had never been a flight at that time. False advertising and they charge outrageous fees for seats and bags and even your “carry on”.

Oh but I did get a 25 dollar voucher for those 7 wasted hours of my life… Thanks Frontier.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Frontier Airlines is what it is: a barebones economy airline that will get you front Point A to Point B. Annoying you have to pay for carry ons, but you get a free pass for one personal item. So if you're going away for a day, cheat. Paying for water is beyond me - it's a necessity for petes sake, but I was on a short flight. Flying out of LGA to a real airport is always funny, but Frontier got me to ATL in one piece, on time and safe. New-ish airplanes. I wouldn't fly them cross country but I'd do it for a short flight in a pinch again.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I will never fly this airline again. Cheap flight but they charge you for everything. Charge for check bags, charge you for overhead bags, you can bring for free one personnel item for under your seat in front of you. No snacks , no drinks unless you want to pay for snacks or drinks. I think they do offer water for free (to drink with your bread) Charge you for seats also(10.00 to 57.00 per seat) unless you check in early to get some of the few free seats in the back and the middle. What's next ? Charge you to go to the bathroom. Fly southwest with lots of free bags.

2  Thank oregon669
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We recently flew Frontier for the first time after our trip was diverted from Corpus Cristi due to the hurricane. The flight was non stop and everyone was very nice and the last minute booking price was great.I will always check with Frontier first before booking with another airline.check your bags in online to save money.