“Very expensive cheap flights”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It may well start at 19 euros, but, by the time I added all options, including flexibility, and paid the processing charges, I realized that for 10 extra euros I could book into the Privilege class, offering me 32 kg of luggage instead of 23, plus two cabin bags... so I ended at more than 100 euros. Unfortunately, each time that I changed the flight date (imposed by particular reasons), I was charged another 10 euros. Before continuing, let me just say this: never book the two-ways. In case of cancellation, you are bound to give up the two of them. Now, for going to the airport, I paid the night fare to a taxi, 82 euros, to take me to Porte Maillot, from where the shuttle bus costs another 17 euros. So, some additional 100 euros for just one-way... At 5 in the morning (because Wizz imposes you such timetables), the airport terminal looked lousier than before, it was dirty, cold and did not have enough places to sit down - not to mention the fact that before embarking we were led to another hall, where we waited standing for three quarters of an hour, plus another quarter outside, just before being allowed to board. Conclusion: low-cost flights are becoming no more than cattle-transports, suitable for idiot "desperados" (who, actually, are increasingly numerous).

2  Thank Horea P
Write a ReviewReviews (9,122)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you are well organized and know the destination in time, you can find Wizz very good prices. It's the third trip with this company and it's getting better. Most importantly - they have very good drivers.

1  Thank Florentin Adria... G
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t check in to my flight before i went to the airport whenever i clicked on the here link in the email the airline sent an system error occurred I have tried from different devices 3 times 3 different day! I was hoping having the email with my ticket and my passport will be enough to check in at the airport! At the desk i explained the situation showed the ticket showed my passport! The lady at the desk called her supervisor and and she told me l needed a screenshot of the error otherwise I have to pay £31 to check in at the airport! I had the screenshot and I showed them as well there at the desk what keeps happening! The lady than with no explanation said she still wont check me in without paying the fee! As an internship student I could not afford to pay! The ticket i bought from my savings i made in 8 month! And i couldn’t go on my trip with a valid ticket, just because their website had a system error!

2  Thank islandculinarylover
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Being the first time flying Wizz Air i am very happy about everything. The booking, check-in, flight and in-flight services was pretty good and i would not mind flying Wizz-air again.
Being a low-cost carrier everything cost money and specially check-in luggage is expensive. The plane was a fairly new Airbus A321. The cleaning after turn-arounds could be better. The staff was friendly and helpful, taking security very seriously.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I am flying to Budapest this weekend, and I have just tried to change my seat online. There was no option to do this so I rang customer services. After speaking to the first lady, she advised me to check in online and then select my seat.
I then checked in online and still had no option to select a seat, and me and my partner had been given seats at opposite ends of the plane.
I then rang customer services back, explained what had happened and the gentleman I spoke with was very rude, wouldn't listen to what I was saying, and said I had to pay £15 for a call centre fee along with £20 to actually change the seat.
After being told previously I could select a seat for free after check-in, I was not at all happy with this. I continued to query as to why I had been told completely different things, however this man continued to speak over me, be very rude and not helpful in the slightest. I then asked to speak to his manager and he informed me this was not possible and that I would have to pay the fee to have my seats changed. After about 10 minutes of nothing being sorted, the then decided to tell me I had to ring Go To Gate (who I booked the flights through) and that they would be able to change my seats. I knew this was a ridiculous request as no one would have access to booking a seat on the aeroplane other than the airline.
After sitting on hold for a further 25 minutes, Go To Gate informed me that it was WizzAir I infact needed to speak to, to change my seat (OF COURSE!)
The third and final adviser I spoke with, Julia, was very understanding and helpful. She advised me that all she needed to do to amend this was un-check in both me and my partner and then I would be able to select seats online myself for free.
This whole incident took me over an hour to sort. Should I have been given the correct information the first time I rang customer services, it would've been sorted in minutes. Shocking service and communication.

1  Thank _scongiu15